NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 5 ) at Boston ( -5 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 12.5 ) at Golden State ( -12.5 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Smallchimp

Very excited for it! I’ve been behind the loop in preseason so having a fresh start in NBA is going to be nice. After the insanity of NFL DFS so far, NBA is going to be a breath of fresh air!

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@jriesel315 said...

After the insanity of NFL DFS so far, NBA is going to be a breath of fresh air!

Or will it?

• Smallchimp

@Pandamonious said...

Or will it?

Well no, but can I guy have hope until 8:06 PM EST on Tuesday??

• Pandamonious

@jriesel315 said...

Well no, but can I guy have hope until 8:06 PM EST on Tuesday??

Yes. You can even have hope for longer if you like. Hopefully this year us who use this forum for the greater good will crush it. I’m hoping to win multiple large field NBA GPP’s this year as opposed to just one. Also planning on taking a serious run at a live final this year, which I’ve never bothered to do before, but that’s a ways away. I am keeping hope alive.

• moped_jones

Sucks that it’s a two game slate, but I’m just glad it’s back.

• moped_jones

@Pandamonious said...

I’m hoping to win multiple large field NBA GPP’s this year as opposed to just one.

I’m hoping to have a better year in year 4 of NBA DFS than in year 3 (which was my worst so far). Life kept getting in the way last year. Between a new job that didn’t have me home until 10 minutes before lock most nights………getting hacked and shutting down our internet for a while…..moving…..getting married……my wife’s health issues….(moving again!)……..it will be nice to hopefully have a drama free NBA season and get back to doing as well as I was in my first two seasons.

Now I’ll get home an hour and a half before lock. That alone will help me immensely.

• monarch

Is FD lowest score effective 10/16? If so, I wish it would only be applicable on larger slates. Kinda makes you not want to take risks.

• moped_jones

@monarch said...

Is FD lowest score effective 10/16? If so, I wish it would only be applicable on larger slates. Kinda makes you not want to take risks.

I would like to see them offer both types of games (regular and ditch the lowest score) with similar size, entry fee, and prizes……..and then go with whichever one is more popular.

I agree, on a two game slate like this it really handcuffs you. Might not be as big of a deal on a larger slate.

• gaelicgirl

Sadly, I now have only a fraction of the enthusiasm I previously had for the start of regular season because of what FD did.
    But late swap isn’t an option for me five days out of the week, so I feel stuck with it for the most part.

Maybe I should only play on weekends.

• Pandamonious

@moped_jones said...

I’m hoping to have a better year in year 4 of NBA DFS than in year 3 (which was my worst so far). Life kept getting in the way last year. Between a new job that didn’t have me home until 10 minutes before lock most nights………getting hacked and shutting down our internet for a while…..moving…..getting married……my wife’s health issues….(moving again!)……..it will be nice to hopefully have a drama free NBA season and get back to doing as well as I was in my first two seasons.

Now I’ll get home an hour and a half before lock. That alone will help me immensely.

Yeah, that’s kind of how my year was last year. Not as busy as yours it sounds like though. Last year was year 3 of NBA for me and I was fully expecting to breakthrough after several close calls in year 2. I had some good success early then ran into some life drama. Took a different job that had me at work at night a couple days a week and well into the evening for a couple others. Didn’t play nearly as much as I would normally of wanted to. Finally hit one in late February then another couple close ones then April came. That job is behind me though and I’ve got no more excuses I can make for myself. Fingers crossed.

Congrats on the marriage and hope your wife is better!

• Pandamonious

@moped_jones said...

Sucks that it’s a two game slate, but I’m just glad it’s back.

Yeah..and if Westbrook doesn’t play it’s even less enticing.

• damionismyname

@Pandamonious said...

Yes. You can even have hope for longer if you like. Hopefully this year us who use this forum for the greater good will crush it. I’m hoping to win multiple large field NBA GPP’s this year as opposed to just one. Also planning on taking a serious run at a live final this year, which I’ve never bothered to do before, but that’s a ways away. I am keeping hope alive.

• Pandamonious

@damionismyname said...

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Then you can play chalk Schroder at SG on Fanduel because when I think of the leagues shooting guards…I always think of rock pounder Dennis Schroder.

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

Then you can play chalk Schroder at SG on Fanduel because when I think of the leagues shooting guards…I always think of rock pounder Dennis Schroder.

He actually does have really good history against GS. I know he did well last year. Then the year before he had that game where he had 30 DK points or so at halftime then this happened..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RBBEKsMbMk

Then he got benched the rest of the game.

• KindGuy

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa here we go!

• dolphinkick182

@Pandamonious said...

• dolphinkick182

I can’t wait! Donated so much to MLB. Now I want it back!

• Smallchimp

@Pandamonious said...

Smash those Paul George and Dennis Schroder buttons my dude!

What I’ve been trying to dig into are the little “nagging” injuries with these two teams:

Dray is supposed to be on a minutes restriction, right?
    Steph’s “illness” and apparent ankle issue, is the latter going to manifest itself?

• dolphinkick182

@moped_jones said...

You got this moped! Good luck this season.

• patpat1999

I’m hoping to hit a big one too this year. I love NBA but I’m definitely no pro. Gonna be onbthis board a lot and hope I can learn from you guys. It’s gonna be fun! I like Noel Tuesday night. Like I said I’m not a pro 😂😂😂🤷🏼‍♂️

• Smallchimp

When you check preseason team paces and all four teams play at league average or slightly deviated from it 😂

• moped_jones

@Pandamonious said...

That job is behind me though and I’ve got no more excuses I can make for myself. Fingers crossed.

Congrats on the marriage and hope your wife is better!

Thank you. She is pretty much back to her old self now.

The only decent part of last year was I did “win” a single game GPP in the BOS/PHI series. Of course instead of winning $100k I tied with so many people that it ended up being $300. Then I got 1952 rankings points on here from it…then some people bitched and then they took it away. I liked seeing that on my top 10 finishes.

Oh well, maybe this year I can win a GPP without tying with everyone and their brother.

Good luck to you this upcoming season.

• Jdeac

I am excited for regular season. Normally only play 1-4 lineups a night but have 24 tickets to the $4 gpp in fanduel. Should be an interesting first night back! Good luck to everyone this year, let’s have some big take downs.

• gaelicgirl

I see the Knicks waived Joakim Noah and the Sixers waived Emeka Okafor, are final cuts due by Monday? Does anyone have a good resource that will have the most up-to-date depth charts? FD loves to leave cut and waived players in their pool.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).