NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 5 ) at Boston ( -5 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 12.5 ) at Golden State ( -12.5 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• miggs6876

@noddy said...

How the hell are you supposed to make a lineup if you don’t know if Westbrook or Adams are playing and probably won’t know before the first game starts?

This is a common theme in dfs basketball. If you play fd you can plug one of them in and it might not hurt you. That is the one thing I do like about being able to drop one guy. Don’t know Germany times I got burned by an unexpected scratch.

• jjpk

@frugal said...

You know…Brown stated TJ would get more minutes if Muscala sat…but doesn’t that open up some minutes for Amir Johnson or will the Sixers alternate Saric and Embiid at the 5?

I think you’ll see Amir get 10 minutes at the 5 tonight against his old team. Embiid will get his customary 30-32 and Dario likely slides into the 5 for short stretches when they go small.

My best guess is that when Fultz goes out, TJ comes in at the 1 and Ben slides to the 4.

• BUFUu2

@noddy said...

So if Westbrook is out is Felton in play?

he is a good pivot off of schroeder but i think schroder is the chalk you have to have tonight. I am targeting the okc gs game. even in a blow out kerr leaves most his guys in, green is going to be limited so not much of him ill have embid saric reddick and simmons not much simmons though from the sixers game rest will be all over the faster pace game should be a lot of rebounds and buckets i just think that is the game you have to target and take a couple studs from the sixers game i will have some horford in there as well as tatum they are the only guys from my pool i want tonight….

• jjpk

@frugal said...

Embiid is a lock for me, but the rest of the Sixers? Boston is on my short list of teams to avoid targeting (along with Utah and SAS), but on a 2 game slate maybe I need to rethink that.

I’ll have some Morris. At 4200 on DK he doesn’t need a ton of touches to pay off 5x. The wild card is how often Philadelphia goes small, pushing Morris to the bench in favor of someone like Smart.

• jjpk

@TrustinthePlan said...

I agree, but I can’t trust RoCo yet. I need him to show me something first. I think Embiid and Redick crush tonight.

I love JJ tonight. He’s a good teammate and understands that Brown wants to give Fultz a confidence booster by starting him, but he’s a proud veteran who will want to prove something in his minutes. Wouldn’t be surprised if he has one of those 6-for-8 from downtown type of nights.

• thirdeyevest

• x2

Blogger of the Month

Is it just me or is the new DvP research tool page a little much? Instead of PG, SG, SF, PF, C we now have 3DW, CG, PB, DIS, VB, SCW, SHW and VF. I get what they are trying to do but this makes it incredibly hard for us who use those numbers for projections. I am going to have so many “IF” functions inside of a “VLOOKUP” my formula line is going to look like an Astrophysicists notebook.

• noddy

Rozier/Grant or Fultz/PatPat for cash?

• mbunner23

@noddy said...

Rozier/Grant or Fultz/PatPat for cash?

I wouldn’t play cash on this slate. That’s just my opinion. Wait for tomorrows bigger slate but if you do, I would probably do Rozier/Grant..

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I can’t get behind JJ. Mostly a personal bias thing and a guy that never performs for me but does when I don’t have him. It’s a lose/lose. And dammit I’m only playing NBA for the achievements haha

• noddy

@mbunner23 said...

I wouldn’t play cash on this slate. That’s just my opinion. Wait for tomorrows bigger slate but if you do, I would probably do Rozier/Grant..

Thanks bunner, but I’m going to play some cash games.

Anyone else Rozier/Grant or Fultz/PatPat for cash?

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

This isn’t a slate, it’s an appetizer.

• miggs6876

@mtdurham said...

Honestly i dont think this strategy is optimal.

It just makes a lot more sense to try to get equal production out of slightly less ex pensive position.

Then play 2 near min players and hope one gets you 30.

We are gonna see a LOT of people punting early so a few will win… but i doubt you see the awesemos of the world ever utilizing this strategy and they’ll clean up early before people adjust

I don’t think there is one strategy you lock into. It depends on the slate. Too many variables in play. For example, injuries , probable or questionable players, size of slate, where is the value, how many studs to play, stars vs studs or balanced lu, ownership, etc….

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@noddy said...

Thanks bunner, but I’m going to play some cash games.

Anyone else Rozier/Grant or Fultz/PatPat for cash?

All else being fairly equal I would take the 2 guys starting over 2 guys coming off the bench.

• upgradetoquestionable

@Njsum1 said...

This isn’t a slate, it’s an appetizer.

Yeah but for a 2 gamer there really are a lot of potential options you can run out. Certainly a top notch 2 game slate.

• thedkexperience

@frugal said...

You know…Brown stated TJ would get more minutes if Muscala sat…but doesn’t that open up some minutes for Amir Johnson or will the Sixers alternate Saric and Embiid at the 5?

The Sixers rotation is weird but since I’m a junkie about them I’ll do my best to take a stab at it. Please note that if I’m confused about the rotation then chances are 99.99% of players have no idea. My Sixers sickness knows no bounds.

I fully expect them to play CYO everyone plays ball for the first 2 months. Their bench is much better than people think. I’ll assume neither Chandler nor Muscala play tonight. The two should normally combine for 30-50 minutes at the 3/4 or 4/5. Expected starters tonight are listed first.

PG: Simmons (24) – Fultz (12) – TJ (12)
    SG: Fultz (12) – JJ (24) – Shamet (12)
    SF: Covington (24) – Dario (6)
    PF: Dario (24) – Simmons (6)
    C: Embiid (30) – Simmons (6)

This leaves 18 minutes at SF, 18 at PF and 12 at C that I cannot figure out. Figure Cov may play 30 tonight instead, probably have Amir get the 12 at C and then … I’m not even sure if Bolden is dressing but it wouldn’t shock me to see him get some run at the 4 and 5.

The surprising one on here is probably Shamet. Don’t be surprised. He has looked like an 8 year vet all preseason. Also, Simmons is gonna play the small ball 5 a lot more than people think, sometimes with Embiid moving out to the 4, Dario at 3, Fultz at 1 and likely JJ at the 2.

• miggs6876

@NDNole said...

Thoughts on Abrines vs Quinn Cook on DK. Is Abrines the better overall play? I think quick can come in for mop up duty and just take a bunch of shots and fill up the box score fast. Not too familiar with Abrines. Abrines may get more minutes. Of the two who would you say is the better play?

Not sure but I do like Cook’s game. He can score in a hurry and not afraid to shoot.

• noddy

@thedkexperience said...

The Sixers rotation is weird but since I’m a junkie about them I’ll do my best to take a stab at it. Please note that if I’m confused about the rotation then chances are 99.99% of players have no idea. My Sixers sickness knows no bounds.

I fully expect them to play CYO everyone plays ball for the first 2 months. Their bench is much better than people think. I’ll assume neither Chandler nor Muscala play tonight. The two should normally combine for 30-50 minutes at the 3/4 or 4/5. Expected starters tonight are listed first.

This leaves 18 minutes at SF, 18 at PF and 12 at C that I cannot figure out. Figure Cov may play 30 tonight instead, probably have Amir get the 12 at C and then … I’m not even sure if Bolden is dressing but it wouldn’t shock me to see him get some run at the 4 and 5.

The surprising one on here is probably Shamet. Don’t be surprised. He has looked like an 8 year vet all preseason. Also, Simmons is gonna play the small ball 5 a lot more than people think, sometimes with Embiid moving out to the 4, Dario at 3, Fultz at 1 and likely JJ at the 2.

So you expect Fultz to just get 12 minutes?

• lineupofpeace

@miggs6876 said...

This is a common theme in dfs basketball. If you play fd you can plug one of them in and it might not hurt you. That is the one thing I do like about being able to drop one guy. Don’t know Germany times I got burned by an unexpected scratch.

This is not a good strategy. If you play WB and he sits you have zero chance of cashing on a 2 game slate. His score gets dropped, it doesn’t get replaced with a player of comparable salary.

You have no chance of competing when most of the other lineups are dropping a score from a 4k punt and you’re dropping Westbrook’s score.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@upgradetoquestionable said...

Yeah but for a 2 gamer there really are a lot of potential options you can run out. Certainly a top notch 2 game slate.

The first game is fine, but the 2nd game blows hard. Obviously the NBA didn’t know Westbrook would probably be out, but that game puts a needless wrench in things. GSW/HOU or GSW/LAL would be much better. Even GSW/NO or GSW/DEN would be better. Even if Westbrook was playing those all might be better options. This Durant/Westbrook thing has run it’s course.

I hope this happens again…

And a brawl breaks out.

• frugal

@thirdeyevest said...

Is it just me or is the new DvP research tool page a little much? Instead of PG, SG, SF, PF, C we now have 3DW, CG, PB, DIS, VB, SCW, SHW and VF. I get what they are trying to do but this makes it incredibly hard for us who use those numbers for projections. I am going to have so many “IF” functions inside of a “VLOOKUP” my formula line is going to look like an Astrophysicists notebook.

I haven’t looked, but if that’s the case it’s going to be a million times more accurate as long as you also understand player types/skills. Traditional DvP is fairly useless for a few reasons: 1. Sites list players at different positions. 2. No team in the NBA runs an purely position based offense nor defense. 3. Offense look to exploit switches to get the shot against the weakest defender. In your spreadsheet, I’d suggest adding one or more of those attributes to every player if possible. I’m going to take a look now myself.

• thedkexperience

@noddy said...

So you expect Fultz to just get 12 minutes?

24 minutes… 12 as the starting SG and 12 as the back up PG. The Sixers have a lot of players who need to be playing 2 positions or they are wasting their odd skill sets.

For what it’s worth I firmly believe Fultz is a top 20 NBA point guard today and likely a train wreck at the SG but he needs minutes to develop that half of his game if he is going to blossom.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@thedkexperience said...

I swear a few days ago I saw a quote from Brown that Korkmaz had earned a spot in the rotation. Last night I was looking for it again and couldn’t find it anywhere.

• miggs6876

@lineupofpeace said...

This is not a good strategy. If you play WB and he sits you have zero chance of cashing on a 2 game slate. His score gets dropped, it doesn’t get replaced with a player of comparable salary.

You have no chance of competing when most of the other lineups are dropping a score from a 4k punt and you’re dropping Westbrook’s score.

Just using WB as an example. Not saying do this for tonight. They will be times when a stud with high upside is questionable and unlikely to play (Embid last year) .

• monarch

@thedkexperience said...

24 minutes… 12 as the starting SG and 12 as the back up PG. The Sixers have a lot of players who need to be playing 2 positions or they are wasting their odd skill sets.

For what it’s worth I firmly believe Fultz is a top 20 NBA point guard today and likely a train wreck at the SG but he needs minutes to develop that half of his game if he is going to blossom.

Who is he going to guard? I dont see him holding up well defensively vs Celtics.

• noddy

@thedkexperience said...

oops I’m an idiot and didn’t see that. Thanks for clarifying.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).