NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 5 ) at Boston ( -5 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 12.5 ) at Golden State ( -12.5 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• kbsktbll88

@Ace15 said...

Anyone else on that TJ McConnell random 5+ steal game or Triple double???

His minutes will go down this season with Fultz playing.

• thedkexperience

@Ace15 said...

Anyone else on that TJ McConnell random 5+ steal game or Triple double???

Not tonight man. His games aren’t random like Cov’s. Play TJ either when he is the guaranteed starter or against the Knicks.

He will likely get 8 to 12 minutes tonight but Fultz is now the primary backup PG and Landry Shamet is a significantly better off ball shooter.

I love Teej to a borderline unhealthy level but his time as a Sixer rotation player is coming to an end. Makes me sad, but I’ll be very happy when he wins the 2028 NBA MVP award for a scrappy Suns team achieving his manifest destiny.

• dcsports21

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

I am not having fun trying to make lu’s on FD. I can’t come up with anything tonight that I feel good about with the rigid roster construction.

I’m seeing it this way.. Sf is awful so I’m rolling with Durant and PG13. With Westbrook out Schroeder is a must play (in theory). Embiid is the guy I want at C so I built around that. I feel like PG & SG have the best options followed by PF

• Smallchimp

Damn, KD/RoCo or PG/Tatum? Have a fairly balanced lineup for cash but I’m juggling between those two pairings

• Ace15

@thedkexperience said...

Not tonight man. His games aren’t random like Cov’s. Play TJ either when he is the guaranteed starter or against the Knicks.

He will likely get 8 to 12 minutes tonight but Fultz is now the primary backup PG and Landry Shamet is a significantly better off ball shooter.

I love Teej to a borderline unhealthy level but his time as a Sixer rotation player is coming to an end. Makes me sad, but I’ll be very happy when he wins the 2028 NBA MVP award for a scrappy Suns team achieving his manifest destiny.

Lol, I’ll have him in 1 LU just for old times sakes. I played him so much LY praying for that 1 random night where he’s

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Dammit I missed the good quarter on DK… or is that what they rolled out? At least with the rewards I could enter the Elbow Shot.

• frugal

@thedkexperience said...

Are you presuming Bret Brown is setting up a smoke screen or the he’s getting blow out of proportion?

“Coach Brett Brown said that T.J. McConnell is the most likely guy to pick up minutes if Mike Muscala (ankle) were to miss the season opener on Tuesday.”

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2530/tj-mcconnell

• stugots219

@jriesel315 said...

Damn, KD/RoCo or PG/Tatum? Have a fairly balanced lineup for cash but I’m juggling between those two pairings

Roco is garbage anymore.

• thedkexperience

Even though I would literally adopt Joel Embiid as my son if he asked, I’m pretty surprised the amount of people playing him.

Al Horford is the Celtics best player. Not Kyrie. Not Gordo, or Tatum or Brown. It was not an accident that they beat the 76ers in the spring or that they took the Cavs to the limit. He’s the bacon of basketball players, making everything better.

This dude got the Hawks to 60 wins. I know he isn’t the best for DFS but in real life? He is everything to that team and he consistently ruins everything that the Sixers try. I’m assuming that tonight he will be on Embiid because they won’t have the minutes to play man bun a ton. If that’s the case I kind of think this is a 22-8 game for JoJo.

I hate Al Horford with all the respect in the universe.

• linesrc

@thedkexperience said...

Even though I would literally adopt Joel Embiid as my son if he asked, I’m pretty surprised the amount of people playing him.

Al Horford is the Celtics best player. Not Kyrie. Not Gordo, or Tatum or Brown. It was not an accident that they beat the 76ers in the spring or that they took the Cavs to the limit. He’s the bacon of basketball players, making everything better.

This dude got the Hawks to 60 wins. I know he isn’t the best for DFS but in real life? He is everything to that team and he consistently ruins everything that the Sixers try. I’m assuming that tonight he will be on Embiid because they won’t have the minutes to play man bun a ton. If that’s the case I kind of think this is a 22-8 game for JoJo.

LOL at thinking Horford is a better player than Kyrie.

• frugal

@thedkexperience said...

And yet…

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id1_hint=Al+Horford&player_id1_select=Al+Horford&player_id1=horfoal01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Joel+Embiid&player_id2_select=Joel+Embiid&player_id2=embiijo01&idx=players

• MPDR1983

@thedkexperience said...

I’ll talk you through my logic …

- I don’t envision a scenario where Kerr is going to push his stars on October 16th. – I don’t believe an OKC team within RWB or potentially Adams will keep it competitive past 30 minutes. – I do really like Durant and don’t like Cov but I’m a single LU guy and I like how the rest of my LU looks with Cov over Durant. KD doesn’t have to have a 30 point floor game. Just not a ridiculous 50 point game or better. With the game script and calendar day I just don’t envision a peak KD performance because there will likely not be a need for it. – Everything is the same about Curry as KD, just with many more viable pivots like Kyrie. If the Sixers want to win Simmons pretty much has to smash. Then you got your Felton and Fultz plays. Just don’t see a need to pay for Curry. – Klay is Klay and I’ve already said how I believe he is consistently over priced. For what it’s worth, I’m not a Warriors hater at all. But the Patriots comp is apt. Everyone is inflated on that team. – Which brings me to Draymond. This will be controversial. This will get me called a homer and I am more than willing to accept that. I don’t think he is the best PF on the slate. I think in 2018 both Tatum and Dario will be allstars and each will approach 7.5k or higher price tags on the season. Once you get past the Anthony Davis level of PF and into the second tier I believe each of these 3 belong there. I do not believe Draymond is going to be a better fantasy player on a consistent basis then either Tatum or Dario.

Please note that I hate Tatum with the power of 8000 burning suns and really want to punch his stupid face. Yet, he’s really good and so is Dario. Gotta make a stand somewhere. There’s mine.

IMO GSW is going to play their starters a good amount blowout or non blowout. First game of the year at home with a sold out arena with the ring ceremony. Also considering they don’t play again till Friday night, giving them plenty of rest. Ride or die.

• saintsfannca

I have him in now, but am second guessing playing him now? I know without Muscala they want to play small ball, but it seems like there are so many guards on their team I am unsure of his minutes…

A question to whoever wants to answer this,

between TJ and Amir (virtually the same price) who do we honestly think gets more points???

• thedkexperience

@frugal said...

Are you presuming Bret Brown is setting up a smoke screen or the he’s getting blow out of proportion?

“Coach Brett Brown said that T.J. McConnell is the most likely guy to pick up minutes if Mike Muscala (ankle) were to miss the season opener on Tuesday.”

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2530/tj-mcconnell

Neither.

I just don’t think TJ will play more than PG and it’s more of an indictment on the really low minutes he should get in most other games. As in, he might not play at all a lot of nights. I’ll stick by my 12 minute prediction. Playing Fultz and Simmons together is one thing. Playing both with TJ is a floor spacing nightmare.

Note: I know TJ shot 40% from 3. He is much improved at that. Yet his range is essentially 1 inch outside the arch on a wide open set shot. He is highly unlikely to shoot more than 2 a game.

• ripking

Which of the okc shooting guards will
    Get the
    Most
    Minutes?

• frugal

@ripking said...

Which of the okc shooting guards will
    Get the
    Most
    Minutes?

If we knew, they’d be the most obvious chalk of the night.

• superjon

OKC not getting blown out. CountIng on Schroeder and PG to have ceiling games and just need to find one more Thunder to go with them.

• stugots219

@thedkexperience said...

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. We are talking about “Fantasy”. Not who is the best player on a team. NO one cares when it comes to fanatasy if al horford is the best player on that team. Lance Stephenson is garbage but he will give you 30-40 fantasy points on a night. We talkin Fantasy!

• lineupofpeace

Taking a Flyer on Bell at C with Adams as a GTD. If Adams is out, will pivot off Bell to Noel and just leave the $500 salary on the table.

How are you guys approaching the Adams situation on DK? I’ve finding it difficult to build other lineups where I can switch onto Noel and make it work.

• skankinmat

@superjon said...

OKC not getting blown out. CountIng on Schroeder and PG to have ceiling games and just need to find one more Thunder to go with them.

Diallo?

• skankinmat

Also Noel

• Oche

Simmons/Schoder or Curry/Horford or Simmons/Horford?……DK cash?

• thedkexperience

@stugots219 said...

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. We are talking about “Fantasy”. Not who is the best player on a team. NO one cares when it comes to fanatasy if al horford is the best player on that team. Lance Stephenson is garbage but he will give you 30-40 fantasy points on a night. We talkin Fantasy!

People who roster Sixers big men should care. Simmons, Saric and Embiid have all had issues with Horford’s Daniel Cormier-like immovablity. The question now, is who will he be defending. I believe tonight it will mostly be Embiid.

Maybe I’m crazy … but I think if it was Horford who got hurt last spring instead of Kyrie the Celtics wouldn’t have even beaten the Bucks let alone the 76ers. Defense matters. Kyrie is a poor defender. Horford is a damn rock.

• dcsports21

@stugots219 said...

Agreed. Embiid is a fantasy dream if he gets the mins, which he will tonight. End of story

• frugal

@thedkexperience said...

People who roster Sixers big men should care. Simmons, Saric and Embiid have all had issues with Horford’s Daniel Cormier-like immovablity. The question now, is who will he be defending. I believe tonight it will mostly be Embiid.

Maybe I’m crazy … but I think if it was Horford who got hurt last spring instead of Kyrie the Celtics wouldn’t have even beaten the Bucks let alone the 76ers. Defense matters. Kyrie is a poor defender. Horford is a damn rock.

Go look at the link I posted of H2H numbers of Embiid vs Horford. Embiid outscored and outrebounded Horford in all but 1 meeting. Embiid has scored 20+ in 7 of 9 games and had 10+ boards in 6 of 9.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).