NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 5 ) at Boston ( -5 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 12.5 ) at Golden State ( -12.5 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• gaelicgirl

@scott33 said...

I’m gonna punt with either Jones or Baynes at C in the LUs I don’t use Embiid (FD). Though I’m expecting them to be my lowest score that’ll get dropped, they do have upside. Will pair them with Rozier & pay up at my other 7 spots.

• moped_jones

@123OMAR786 said...

Who scores more at 4k? Rozier Noel or Damian Jones??

I have no idea. Jones is the only starter out of those. I have no idea how many minutes Rozier will get with Irving back or what Noel will get with his new team.

My punts will be whatever minimum priced player starts for OKC. (assuming Westbrook and Ferguson are out). Really like Diallo if he starts b/c he’ll get run in a blowout if the game gets ugly since he’s a rookie and needs the minutes. I assumed Schroeder would start but everything I’ve read has him running the second unit. I think that’s dumb IF RWB is out.

• gaelicgirl

@moped_jones said...

I assumed Schroeder would start but everything I’ve read has him running the second unit. I think that’s dumb IF RWB is out.

Makes no sense…who would they start at PG? Felton?

• moped_jones

@gaelicgirl said...

Makes no sense…who would they start at PG? Felton?

Oops, I misread it. Schroeder is starting PG if RWB is out. But if he plays Schroeder will run the second unit with Diallo or Ferguson starting at the 2.

I thought it was a lock that Westbrook was out. But it sounds like he’s not officially ruled out yet.

• scott33

@123OMAR786 said...

Who scores more at 4k? Rozier Noel or Damian Jones??

Noel could be a difference maker in garbage time if/when GS gets up big.

• jayk123

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #11

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 $1M Prize Winner

are DK likely to put up the weds slate before tues starts? hard to get excited about a 2 game slate. would love to get an early start on weds.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@jayk123 said...

are DK likely to put up the weds slate before tues starts? hard to get excited about a 2 game slate. would love to get an early start on weds.

Chances are close to zero. I could see them putting it out Tuesday afternoon/evening before the 1st game tips off, but no earlier than that.

• DFScoholic

@Pandamonious said...

Chances are close to zero. I could see them putting it out Tuesday afternoon/evening before the 1st game tips off, but no earlier than that.

Lmao im done with NFL, NBA is way better can’t wait till Wednesday

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@DFScoholic said...

Lmao im done with NFL, NBA is way better can’t wait till Wednesday

I’m not done, but I’ll probably spend half or even less than the money than I have been on NFL moving forward. I’m just better at NBA DFS and find it more enjoyable. It’d be stupid for me not to.

• patpat1999

@Pandamonious said...

I’m not done, but I’ll probably spend half or even less than the money than I have been on NFL moving forward. I’m just better at NBA DFS and find it more enjoyable. It’d be stupid for me not to.

Very interested in your process. If you don’t mind sharing, what’s couple things you always look for when building your lineups? I’m gonna get real serious about nba and hope I can get better each night.

• 123OMAR786

Fultz a fade?

Gotta have D Jones.. some Diallo. Lots O G S!

• badtrip

I love everything about NBA DFS except how analytical it is. EVERYONE in your lineup must show up, or you don’t cash. I don’t care for paid-for opinions, but whatever.

That said (free $$$) I’m ready to roll.

• fresh56

@123OMAR786 said...

Fultz a fade?

lol no he can fill up the state sheet pretty quickly

anyways leaning towards stacking thunder and philly and completely fading the celtics.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@patpat1999 said...

Very interested in your process. If you don’t mind sharing, what’s couple things you always look for when building your lineups? I’m gonna get real serious about nba and hope I can get better each night.

I get my paper and my pen then I get about waist deep in stats. I do look at DVP, but I like to look beyond to what specifically they’re giving up at each position. 3’s, rebounds, blocks, steals, things that make up why the DVP at that position is poor. Pace is huge. Minutes. I do take DRPM into account. Usage % is important, but you need to keep it in context of the price of the player. There’s no 5K players with a good usage rate. Usage rate effects on teams if we already know a player is out. Offensive efficiency. Defensive efficiency. I look for trends. Uptick in minutes, then why, down tick, then why. Home/road splits. Hot/cold. B2B vs a certain number of days rest, history vs. that team, especially if the team hasn’t changed from earlier in the season or the previous season.

Once I get through all that I’ll have my player pool. I’ll glance through everything and see if there’s anyone that didn’t make sense to me from the research, but seems under priced enough that they could still be in play. Now once I have my player pool I can start rounding things out. I had a formula I used to calculate what I thought I need from each player at their price. At least on DK it’s not as simple as 6x or 7x across the board. You need a greater X amount from a 4.5K player than an 8.5K player to reach your ultimate goal. If after weighing everything I don’t think that player can realistically get that number, they’re out of the pool.

At this point I will leave my personal cave. Up until now I have not read anything from anyone. I haven’t looked at projections from anyone. I haven’t looked at Vegas totals. I haven’t come on this forum. Nothing, but me, DK’s site and stats. I’ll then look for injury reports. Look for any team news. Hop on here. I’ll read the grind down. Read articles elsewhere. I’ll look at projections from here and other places and see how it all compares to what I have. Sometimes this takes me off people, sometimes it puts me on people. Usually though I already have my favorite plays though and I’m not budging from them. Once I’m satisfied with everything I start building.

• gaelicgirl

@moped_jones said...

I like Ulis too, hopefully he can stick somewhere.

He’s been claimed by the Bulls.

• DFScoholic

@gaelicgirl said...

He’s been claimed by the Bulls.

• Puma103185

@monarch said...

Is FD lowest score effective 10/16? If so, I wish it would only be applicable on larger slates. Kinda makes you not want to take risks.

Any clarification on this?

• gaelicgirl

@Puma103185 said...

Any clarification on this?

It’s definitely starting on the first day of regular season.

• gaelicgirl

Still have a really bad feeling about this…

Just cancelled my Block and Dribbler entries, only going to play three entries in the Swat and see how it goes.

Make that two entries…one with Jones and one with Noel.

Update: All the contests were still wide open this morning, so I restored my normal entries against my better judgment. Last night it tweaked me out to worry about my punt scoring too many points. Trying to pick a player that won’t score points just goes against the grain of everything I’ve ever tried to do in DFS. It just seems wrong. I hope to read some good game theory ideas here before tomorrow night, right now I have no idea what the best approach is and am suffering from analysis paralysis.

• skankinmat

Wilson Chandler is out…Muscala is out. That leaves Kormaz and Cabarrot with those minutes , right? Min priced and will be no owned minus those who read this post?

• skankinmat

@skankinmat said...

Wilson Chandler is out…Muscala is out. That leaves Kormaz and Cabarrot with those minutes , right? Min priced and will be no owned minus those who read this post?

Also factoring in on FD you now drop your lowest score.

• Merrill612

Hey rookie question… not finding an answer or article that is clear very easily. What is the general cash line I should be aiming for in terms of points in NBA on a nightly basis? Going to be doing single entry double ups and 50/50 mostly… I know in NFL I use a base of roughly 150 points for double up. Any help would be appreciated so I can get the season rolling and win some money! Thanks

• damionismyname

@Merrill612 said...

Hey rookie question… not finding an answer or article that is clear very easily. What is the general cash line I should be aiming for in terms of points in NBA on a nightly basis? Going to be doing single entry double ups and 50/50 mostly… I know in NFL I use a base of roughly 150 points for double up. Any help would be appreciated so I can get the season rolling and win some money! Thanks

every slate is different and so are the scores on every site. Probably looking at 270 or so most nights on dk and on fd a bit less because of scoring.

• saintsfannca

@Merrill612 said...

I found the rule of thumb to be 150 for NFL, 250 for NBA

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.