NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 5 ) at Boston ( -5 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 12.5 ) at Golden State ( -12.5 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• upgradetoquestionable

@Pandamonious said...

This is my concern with the Boston players. I feel confident in Kyrie and to an extent Tatum and Horford. The other guys you listed and even Rozier will all be fighting for opportunity. I think Morris will still find his way to 15-20 though. I’m thinking something like this:

Horford: 28 minutes Baynes: 20 minutes
    Tatum: 30 minutes Morris: 11 minutes Horford: 7 minutes
    Hayward: 25 minutes Brown: 10 minutes Tatum: 5 minutes Morris: 8 minutes
    Brown: 20 minutes Smart: 23 minutes Rozier 5 minutes
    Irving: 35 minutes Rozier: 13 minutes

This may be way off base. It’s been months and haven’t actually looked back to see who has shared the court together and how much when everyone minus Hayward was around. I do seem to remember Rozier and Irving being on the court together. I know for sure Baynes and Horford spent time on the court together. This seems fairly logical though, but just a guess.

Appreciate you attempting to break it down minutes wise. Im thinking the first few games Hayward will have a handful fewer minutes as they bring him back slowly. I’m thinking the lower price Boston guys can hit value but probably not maximize. Of them Morris is a guy that can take over offensively. I’m off everyone except Horford (can’t ever seem to get Kyrie right I think he’s always overpriced) and perhaps Rozier or Morris.

• hobbes2d

@RockyMtHigh said...

what kinda exposure do you guys have for gordon hayward on tuesday?

5%

• upgradetoquestionable

@moped_jones said...

Oh my.

That’s the team in my market…..A team that I started following last year b/c of the rebuild (just jumped off the Sixers bandwagon now that they are good). Yes, I do that. No I am not proud of it. Just like underdogs.

I’d take Ulis over Payne any day of the week.

Yeah I don’t think having a pass first point guard leading a second team with chuckers like Portis or Parker is a bad idea.

Not sure why you’d jump off of Philly now though. They are a lot of fun to follow. But if you’re up for misery welcome to the Bulls train!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@upgradetoquestionable said...

Appreciate you attempting to break it down minutes wise. Im thinking the first few games Hayward will have a handful fewer minutes as they bring him back slowly. I’m thinking the lower price Boston guys can hit value but probably not maximize. Of them Morris is a guy that can take over offensively. I’m off everyone except Horford (can’t ever seem to get Kyrie right I think he’s always overpriced) and perhaps Rozier or Morris.

Yeah, I think 25 minutes for Hayward is fair. I know the report is they want to ease him back, but he got between 20-25 minutes in 2 of the preseason games so I’m not sure why they would go less than that. I guess these games actually counting would be a fair reason. If you put guys like Rozier/Smart/Morris at about 20 minutes it’ll be tough for them, but not impossible. I’d probably rather punt McConnell or Korkmaz or any of those OKC guys if RWB is out for less, at least on DK. That’s probably what everyone is thinking though.

• hobbes2d

@Pandamonious said...

Have you tried contacting them? $8 contests were the norm last year and I think the year before? I assume will be this year again. Maybe you can have them converted to just open ended 8 dollar NBA contest tickets. From my experiences DK is usually very willing to help out with things like this.

We’ll have $9 or $10 ones within 2 months I bet. Raaaaaakeeeeee

• hobbes2d

Super excited NBA is back. Can’t wait to hit the nuts a few times. Wednesday’s slate is going to be insane. I guarantee there will be like 3 or 4 horribly mispriced guys who just go ham. Going have really high cash lines on the big Wednesday slate.

• gaelicgirl

Came in looking to ask about TJ. I would think with Fultz starting and Redick backing him up that TJ would pick up some minutes at backup PG. He is one of those guys who can put up points quickly if given.

Read something last night about Brown only planning to start Fultz for about 5 mins, just to stretch him out. He’s not quite ready to play the 2 with his questionable shooting and inability to stretch the floor, and Brown thinks getting him starting mins is the best place for him to work on that. Sounds like he’s more comfortable playing the 1 and will probably lead the bench unit there, with Redick still getting the majority of mins at the 2.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@hobbes2d said...

We’ll have $9 or $10 ones within 2 months I bet. Raaaaaakeeeeee

I don’t know if it’ll be that quick, but eventually yeah. As interest falls they’ll raise the buy-in and shrink the contests. I don’t think that was until March last year.

• moped_jones

@frugal said...

I’m largely avoiding BOS outside maybe Irving until I see their rotations. I have a feeling the production is typically going to be very balanced from that team where no one player is being force fed usage (again outside maybe Irving, maybe Horford where they’re not as deep). Going to be a great team to watch, but maybe not so good for DFS.

I agree with this, especially in regards to Hayward. This is a deep talented roster. No reason to push anyone.

I’ll go Irving & Tatum for sure, might pepper in some Horford, Brown and Morris (he might get some decent run for the price).

This is of course scattered throughout my 7 lineups.

• AdamBski

@moped_jones said...

As an Illinois fan I was hoping Nunn would make the team.

I like Ulis too, hopefully he can stick somewhere.

Ulis on the Bulls now…dope.

• moped_jones

Yeah I don’t think having a pass first point guard leading a second team with chuckers like Portis or Parker is a bad idea.

Not sure why you’d jump off of Philly now though. They are a lot of fun to follow. But if you’re up for misery welcome to the Bulls train!

I don’t really have a favorite team. I wasn’t into NBA growing up (huge college basketball fan back then). Then I started playing DFS and I am just a fan of whoever I pick that night. There was a lot of value on some of those bad Sixer teams (started in 2015-16, the 10 win season). So I watched them a lot and really rooted for them (and some of them even won me money like McConnell, Covington, and then later Saric in 2016-17).

I feel I will probably stick with the Bulls since they are in my market and I am really liking players like Dunn, Markkanen, Carter Jr and Parker.

I wish the first slate had more games. Can’t wait for tomorrow night so I can start working on Wednesday’s slate. Not much we can do without knowing who’s starting for OKC.

• moped_jones

@AdamBski said...

Ulis on the Bulls now…dope.

Are you saying it’s dope that they got him or calling me a dope for not knowing they picked him up?

I made that post yesterday before it was announced.

• AdamBski

@moped_jones said...

Are you saying it’s dope that they got him or calling me a dope for not knowing they picked him up?

I made that post yesterday before it was announced.

Lol it’s dope that they got him…I’m from Chicago so I def ride with the Bulls and Ulis is from the IL area as well fwiw…I was just skimming thru the pages from the forum and that’s why I gave you a reply.

• upgradetoquestionable

@hobbes2d said...

Super excited NBA is back. Can’t wait to hit the nuts a few times. Wednesday’s slate is going to be insane. I guarantee there will be like 3 or 4 horribly mispriced guys who just go ham. Going have really high cash lines on the big Wednesday slate.

I saw FD had some games for the Wednesday slate out there, and no looking at it I’m super pumped as well. I really wish they would’ve gone harder with the Tuesday slate. Maybe 5 or 6 games, but man it’s just an appetizer for Wednesday.

• moped_jones

@AdamBski said...

Lol it’s dope that they got him…I’m from Chicago so I def ride with the Bulls and Ulis is from the IL area as well fwiw…I was just skimming thru the pages from the forum and that’s why I gave you a reply.

It’s cool. I just couldn’t tell so I thought I’d ask.

I like the pickup for sure. Ulis has been good to me when it comes to DFS. Those rare nights when he is 2% owned and gets 10x value at near min price have been good nights for me. Doesn’t happen a ton, but he can play……………sometimes.

• DFScoholic

I’m going to be extra aggressive on late night hammers this year

• BerkeleyBoss

Am I missing something, or did basketball monster get rid of the grid that showed all of the injuries for each slate organized by game/team? Anybody know of another source with something similar?

• frugal

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Am I missing something, or did basketball monster get rid of the grid that showed all of the injuries for each slate organized by game/team? Anybody know of another source with something similar?

Basketball monster changed a bunch of stuff moving pretty much all their tools to paid subscription. They still do have injuries in a list:

https://basketballmonster.com/playernews.aspx

• BerkeleyBoss

@frugal said...

Basketball monster changed a bunch of stuff moving pretty much all their tools to paid subscription. They still do have injuries in a list:

https://basketballmonster.com/playernews.aspx

Hard to blame them, they were a great free resource the last couple of years. Thanks.

• dominicanpapi

Adams is now questionable with a lower back stiffness.

• leroystabbins

I assume everyone is using the “drop the lowest score” rule change to fit in a punt and use the savings to spend up elsewhere? With Dray being restricted a bit, Tatum on a team with a bunch of mouths to feed, and a few cheap players that could get some good run (Morris, Grant, Johnson, Patterson, Looney) seems like the 2nd PF spot is going to be the popular place to do this.

SF looks too loaded at the top. Durant is obvious and if no Russ PG13 looks to be in a great spot.

C feels like a tough spot to do it since it’s just 1 for that spot and Embiids ceiling is super high, Al is always capable of a sneaky 45pt night.

SG has 5 guys within 2k of each other that could be the top play of the night at their position, or show up for a 15pt dud. Ferguson, Carrabot, Diallo are all options for the “filler” spot. I’d say SG2 will be the 2nd most popular spot to pay down.

PG will probably be the 3rd place to look, pending on RWB. I’ll probably have a few lineups where I “double punt” with a Rozier, McConnell, or a blowout PG from the other game, and also take a punt in one of the other spots, so I can just load up everywhere else.

Any thoughts on all of this? Is this already an established attack plan? Has NBA DFS already driven me crazy a day before tip off?

• moped_jones

@dominicanpapi said...

Adams is now questionable with a lower back stiffness.

There’s no way this isn’t a blowout tomorrow.

Sit RWB and Adams. Go with Schroeder and Noel. get healthy and go get whoever they play in game 2. it’d be different if they were playing a team that was an easy W. But even healthy they are not as good as the Warriors.

• moped_jones

@leroystabbins said...

Any thoughts on all of this? Is this already an established attack plan? Has NBA DFS already driven me crazy a day before tip off?

The automatic punt thing has been discussed. I think that was everyone’s first thought when this was announced. Some people like the idea of pretty much taking an automatic 0) and spending up else where. I hope they aren’t just throwing darts and actually pick a minimum priced player that will actually get decent run. I will probably target younger players that get 15-20 minutes but could see more time in a blowout. Or just flat out use it to get cheap starters and hope for a great game (like Dillion Brooks for MEM or someone like that)

I am punting with OKC players (assuming Westbrook is out & possibly even Adams) I will go with Ferguson and Noel. They’d most likely see run even if it were a blowout as well since they are young and need the minutes. I like Damian Jones from that game as well for the Warriors.

I’m forcing myself to take Embiid in one lineup b/c he could go bonkers (I’m playing 7 LU’s) but will mostly be going with Horford, Jones, and Noel (if Adams is ruled out).

SF Obviously Durant and George are great. Hayward sounds like his minutes will be monitored (25-30 I’ve heard for the first couple weeks). I think Covington would be overlooked if this weren’t such a small slate, but I am nearly 100% on him.

Just wish we had all the info now b/c I actually have time to make out LU’s now, lol.

• KindGuy

Where are the NBA regulars from last year? KATBurger, DirkDigglerz, etc.

• frugal

@moped_jones said...

There’s no way this isn’t a blowout tomorrow.

Sit RWB and Adams. Go with Schroeder and Noel. get healthy and go get whoever they play in game 2. it’d be different if they were playing a team that was an easy W. But even healthy they are not as good as the Warriors.

Starting to feel the same. But really, the only player affected in a blowout would be George who would sit early. GSW will get theirs in 3 quarters if it’s a true blowout and the rest of OKC would kinda have to play due to the number of injuries they have.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.