NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 5 ) at Boston ( -5 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 12.5 ) at Golden State ( -12.5 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@elementasrat said...

Where are the NBA regulars from last year? KATBurger, DirkDigglerz, etc.

I would assume regulars will make their way back eventually. There’s only about 6 or so of us who have posted in here so far and the game isn’t until tomorrow. KATBurger stopped posting way before the season ended though, if I recall correctly.

• hobbes2d

lol even if OKC was 100% it would blow out

• leroystabbins

With a slate as small as this I think identifying the position that will underpreform is more important than the highest scoring punt. Noel could go for x10, but if Embiid goes for x5.5 that point difference could easily be made up at the underpreforming spot.

RWB being in or out will have alot to do with this, fitting in his 12.6k salary will make values like the Noel example I gave a must.

• hobbes2d

@leroystabbins said...

With a slate as small as this I think identifying the position that will underpreform is more important than the highest scoring punt. Noel could go for x10, but if Embiid goes for x5.5 that point difference could easily be made up at the underpreforming spot.

RWB being in or out will have alot to do with this, fitting in his 12.6k salary will make values like the Noel example I gave a must.

Westbrook is not playing.

• damionismyname

@Pandamonious said...

I would assume regulars will make their way back eventually. There’s only about 6 or so of us who have posted in here so far and the game isn’t until tomorrow. KATBurger stopped posting way before the season ended though, if I recall correctly.

yeah he got kinda pissed at ppl calling him out. dirk should be around.

• captainwacky

@elementasrat said...

Just curious, why very little? For the record, I 100% agree with you and I think I’ll have 0% shares of him. Just wanted to know your reasoning? My reasoning? I think he’s incredibly overrated and makes the Celtics worse. I think they take a step backward.

I’m trying to figure out if you’ve ever seen or played basketball before… like you clearly don’t understand it, but if you think Hayward hurts any team (along with your other slew of terrible takes), then I don’t think you can be helped. I’m sure you think Carmelo Anthony is/was good, though!

• JTAx33

@elementasrat said...

Just curious, why very little? For the record, I 100% agree with you and I think I’ll have 0% shares of him. Just wanted to know your reasoning? My reasoning? I think he’s incredibly overrated and makes the Celtics worse. I think they take a step backward.

Second thread I’ve been in, second WILDDDDD take from this guy. And somehow this one is more realistic than the first

• KindGuy

@captainwacky said...

I’m trying to figure out if you’ve ever seen or played basketball before… like you clearly don’t understand it, but if you think Hayward hurts any team (along with your other slew of terrible takes), then I don’t think you can be helped. I’m sure you think Carmelo Anthony is/was good, though!

Hayward wishes he was even half the player Melo is.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@damionismyname said...

yeah he got kinda pissed at ppl calling him out. dirk should be around.

Translation: He was very sensitive about anyone who disagreed with his blog.

I think I completely stopped posting on this board during the KATBurger fan club era. This forum got really weird for a while. It turned into some KATBurger shrine for him and his followers. I think a lot of regulars at that time stopped posting here too. Eventually KATBurger couldn’t take any constructive criticism anymore, he ran away and normalcy returned to the land.

At least that’s my drugged out hazy memory of the events.

• JTAx33

@elementasrat said...

Hayward wishes he was even half the player Melo is.

Is? Melo currently IS one of the worst regular rotation players in the league

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

I think I completely stopped posting on this board during the KATBurger fan club era. This forum got really weird for a while. It turned into some KATBurger shrine for him and his followers. I think a lot of regulars at that time stopped posting here too. Eventually KATBurger couldn’t take any constructive criticism anymore, he ran away and normalcy returned to the land.

Yep. That was a very strange time. I had a direct interaction with him which went way south. He grossly misunderstood me and got real viscous. After that, I just steered clear of him…which was tough due to the volume of his posts.

• realphipps

Will Jerami Grant be the sneaky meat if Adams is a no-go?

I could see George sitting the final 10 mins or so in a blowout. Noel could post 5 boards and 6 fouls in no time. OKC will need something resembling length, even in meaningless mins.

Also, I want to congratulate myself on being the first to mention sneaky meat on a regular season thread.

• gaelicgirl

@leroystabbins said...

I assume everyone is using the “drop the lowest score” rule change to fit in a punt and use the savings to spend up elsewhere? With Dray being restricted a bit, Tatum on a team with a bunch of mouths to feed, and a few cheap players that could get some good run (Morris, Grant, Johnson, Patterson, Looney) seems like the 2nd PF spot is going to be the popular place to do this.

This is what was giving me fits last night. I kept going back and forth between Grant and Patterson, wondering which one would score less. But if you’re serious about making the 2nd PF spot your dropped score, wouldn’t you want to roster Norvel Pelle for $3.5k? He’s guaranteed to put up a 0. I don’t like taking a player that I know won’t play, but I’m afraid people will go that route in the position they feel is weakest.
    This has definitely driven me crazy a day before tip off.

Thanks, FD!

• moped_jones

@Pandamonious said...

KATBurger stopped posting way before the season ended though, if I recall correctly.

Yeah someone criticized him about his blog and he got mad and left.

*EDIT: I scrolled down and see that you mentioned this later on in the thread.

• moped_jones

@gaelicgirl said...

This is what was giving me fits last night. I kept going back and forth between Grant and Patterson, wondering which one would score less. But if you’re serious about making the 2nd PF spot your dropped score, wouldn’t you want to roster Norvel Pelle for $3.5k? He’s guaranteed to put up a 0. I don’t like taking a player that I know won’t play, but I’m afraid people will go that route in the position they feel is weakest.

Thanks, FD!

Ideally I think you would want to roster a cheap player that has potential to do well, that way if he tanks he’ll be your lowest score, but if he doesn’t he’ll help cover you in case of a DNP (or injury or foul trouble or ejection or just flat out bad game) from someone else.

Obviously you expect (on most nights) for your worst score to come from your worst player, but I’m going to try to pick a punt that is part of the rotation and gets extra run in a blow out.

For the most part I think this new rule was as stupid as it is unnecessary. Either have late swap or don’t. Oh well, i’l give it a shot. Maybe I’ll like it (but I really hate the idea of the person with the best 9 man LU not being guaranteed a win)

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

I don’t play on FD, but I did look at their pricing for tomorrow’s slate and this is just my opinion. SF after Durant and PG 13 is BAD. Their pricing of Hayward is high even if he wasn’t limited tomorrow. Hayward put up good numbers in Utah that would be in line with that price. The thing is he was the man in Utah. There was no Mitchell. There was no Rubio. It was George Hill who was hurt all the time. He was basically a point-forward. In BOS he will be scorer. I assume it’s possible as time goes and he gets more comfortable he could take on a point forward role when Irving is off the floor, but we don’t know yet. I just don’t expect him to fill up the box score as much in Boston.

Covington seems overpriced too. He’s the 5th wheel in that starting line up. He may be a bit more valuable on FD then on DK because of the extra point for steals, but I just don’t see how with everyone healthy he does much. It’s the same with Saric on that team. They only really show up when Simmons and or Embiid are out. Picking Covington and expecting more than 25 FP’s is not wise in my opinion.

If you want to max out the upside of your roster you either have to play Durant/PG at the spot or pick one and punt the other spot to hell as your #9. That’s how I would be approaching it. There is no upside with Covington or Hayward at that price. If you play Durant/PG together I think you punt PF with Patterson who will actually get minutes then probably play Morris or Tatum with them.

• damionismyname

@Pandamonious said...

yeah and you antagonizing him every other post. lol

• hobbes2d

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t play on FD, but I did look at their pricing for tomorrow’s slate and this is just my opinion. SF after Durant and PG 13 is BAD. Their pricing of Hayward is high even if he wasn’t limited tomorrow. Hayward put up good numbers in Utah that would be in line with that price. The thing is he was the man in Utah. There was no Mitchell. There was no Rubio. It was George Hill who was hurt all the time. He was basically a point-forward. In BOS he will be scorer. I assume it’s possible as time goes and he gets more comfortable he could take on a point forward role when Irving is off the floor, but we don’t know yet. I just don’t expect him to fill up the box score as much in Boston.

Covington seems overpriced too. He’s the 5th wheel in that starting line up. He may be a bit more valuable on FD then on DK because of the extra point for steals, but I just don’t see how with everyone healthy he does much. It’s the same with Saric on that team. They only really show up when Simmons and or Embiid are out. Picking Covington and expecting more than 25 FP’s is not wise in my opinion.

If you want to max out the upside of your roster you either have to play Durant/PG at the spot or pick one and punt the other spot to hell as your #9. That’s how I would be approaching it. There is no upside with Covington or Hayward at that price. If you play Durant/PG together I think you punt PF with Patterson who will actually get minutes then probably play Morris or Tatum with them.

The time to play Covington is Thursday when they play the Bulls.

• damionismyname

@gaelicgirl said...

Thanks, FD!

I would find another pf that is the same price that may play or score because no reason taking a 0 just to take it when you never know if one of your studs dud or one of your cheapies scores more than a higher priced player. I’m never going to just through in a 3.5k player who may not play, I at least want to put someone in who may have that random game. If this makes since.

• IronMonkey415

So far, so good, no mention of MODEL POPPING yet.

But then again no one knows what I am talking about.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

@IronMonkey415 said...

So far, so good, no mention of MODEL POPPING yet.

But then again no one knows what I am talking about.

Well, I didn’t want to give it away, but…

Damien Jones is really popping on my model.

• hcassidy

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, KATBurger stopped posting back in January. That’s even the last time he DM’ed me was back then, haven’t heard from him since.

• hobbes2d

@Pandamonious said...

Well, I didn’t want to give it away, but…

Damien Jones is really popping on my model.

I also wonder if he gets any extended run if they’re blowing OKC out. They already know what Bell and Looney can do.

• thedkexperience

@leroystabbins said...

I assume everyone is using the “drop the lowest score” rule change to fit in a punt and use the savings to spend up elsewhere? With Dray being restricted a bit, Tatum on a team with a bunch of mouths to feed, and a few cheap players that could get some good run (Morris, Grant, Johnson, Patterson, Looney) seems like the 2nd PF spot is going to be the popular place to do this.

SF looks too loaded at the top. Durant is obvious and if no Russ PG13 looks to be in a great spot.

C feels like a tough spot to do it since it’s just 1 for that spot and Embiids ceiling is super high, Al is always capable of a sneaky 45pt night.

SG has 5 guys within 2k of each other that could be the top play of the night at their position, or show up for a 15pt dud. Ferguson, Carrabot, Diallo are all options for the “filler” spot. I’d say SG2 will be the 2nd most popular spot to pay down.

PG will probably be the 3rd place to look, pending on RWB. I’ll probably have a few lineups where I “double punt” with a Rozier, McConnell, or a blowout PG from the other game, and also take a punt in one of the other spots, so I can just load up everywhere else.

Any thoughts on all of this? Is this already an established attack plan? Has NBA DFS already driven me crazy a day before tip off?

I waited like 5 pages for this.

• hcassidy

Also load up on Trailblazer starters when they play….Just seen Paul Allen passed away today from non-hodgkins lymphoma. I think they come out firing on all cylinders.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.