NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 5 ) at Boston ( -5 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 12.5 ) at Golden State ( -12.5 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@hobbes2d said...

I also wonder if he gets any extended run if they’re blowing OKC out. They already know what Bell and Looney can do.

I was joking in that I didn’t even have or know how to create my own model….but in all seriousness he seems like a worthwhile punt. In the line ups I make on DK that try to jam in as many stars of the night as I can I’m sure I will use him.

• IronMonkey415

Just saw the news. Seahawks probably knew before hand and came out and killed the Raiders.

• thedkexperience

My take on the 3500 slot on FD is simple. Eat it. Take the 3500 zero and move on. You just added over 3000 in cap to spread around your 8 man team … it’s no longer 9 no matter how we try to spin it.

The real game changer will be people using a double punt strategy on most nights. Until further notice every LU I enter will have one guaranteed zero and most likely another similarly priced punt that I think is in a solid spot.

It’s a whole new game. If you get late lineup changed just call it a day and take your loss. On every other night … and let’s be honest, if you play 1 LU a night maybe you’ll get late lineup swapped twice a month … stars and scrubs is the new meta.

Embrace it now before everyone catches on.

• Benf15harp

Only my mom can call me Randall lmfao

• miggs6876

@Pandamonious said...

Translation: He was very sensitive about anyone who disagreed with his blog.

I think I completely stopped posting on this board during the KATBurger fan club era. This forum got really weird for a while. It turned into some KATBurger shrine for him and his followers. I think a lot of regulars at that time stopped posting here too. Eventually KATBurger couldn’t take any constructive criticism anymore, he ran away and normalcy returned to the land.

At least that’s my drugged out hazy memory of the events.

Kat definetly had some good info to share. I enjoyed his postings but like anything else it has to be taken into consideration with all the other info you have and what your instincts say. Sure he was sensitive and others were quite rude too. Personally, I welcome everyones input as it could aid into my decision making. In the end, I am the one who owns my lineup. I think the problem is many depended on him to make their lineups and when he was wrong they blamed him. On the other hand, Kat could come across as being a little arrogant too. Nonetheless, I hope he comes back .

• damionismyname

@hcassidy said...

Also load up on Trailblazer starters when they play….Just seen Paul Allen passed away today from non-hodgkins lymphoma. I think they come out firing on all cylinders.

aahhhhh yes, the good ol “cancer narrative”…works every time.

• damionismyname

@thedkexperience said...

My take on the 3500 slot on FD is simple. Eat it. Take the 3500 zero and move on. You just added over 3000 in cap to spread around your 8 man team … it’s no longer 9 no matter how we try to spin it.

The real game changer will be people using a double punt strategy on most nights. Until further notice every LU I enter will have one guaranteed zero and most likely another similarly priced punt that I think is in a solid spot.

It’s a whole new game. If you get late lineup changed just call it a day and take your loss. On every other night … and let’s be honest, if you play 1 LU a night maybe you’ll get late lineup swapped twice a month … stars and scrubs is the new meta.

best strategy would be to take the 3500 guy who at least may play and not just take a random guaranteed 0 because you never know what will happen during the game. Your expensive stud may go out in the first five minutes leaving the possibility of a 3500 guy coming in to play big minutes. Always pick someone who at least will play because you never know.

• miggs6876

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t play on FD, but I did look at their pricing for tomorrow’s slate and this is just my opinion. SF after Durant and PG 13 is BAD. Their pricing of Hayward is high even if he wasn’t limited tomorrow. Hayward put up good numbers in Utah that would be in line with that price. The thing is he was the man in Utah. There was no Mitchell. There was no Rubio. It was George Hill who was hurt all the time. He was basically a point-forward. In BOS he will be scorer. I assume it’s possible as time goes and he gets more comfortable he could take on a point forward role when Irving is off the floor, but we don’t know yet. I just don’t expect him to fill up the box score as much in Boston.

Covington seems overpriced too. He’s the 5th wheel in that starting line up. He may be a bit more valuable on FD then on DK because of the extra point for steals, but I just don’t see how with everyone healthy he does much. It’s the same with Saric on that team. They only really show up when Simmons and or Embiid are out. Picking Covington and expecting more than 25 FP’s is not wise in my opinion.

If you want to max out the upside of your roster you either have to play Durant/PG at the spot or pick one and punt the other spot to hell as your #9. That’s how I would be approaching it. There is no upside with Covington or Hayward at that price. If you play Durant/PG together I think you punt PF with Patterson who will actually get minutes then probably play Morris or Tatum with them.

Did you see my lineup? Pretty much how I formed my lineup. Definetly went stars and scrubs. For the record, I cannot get off Embid either.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@damionismyname said...

best strategy would be to take the 3500 guy who at least may play and not just take a random guaranteed 0 because you never know what will happen during the game. Your expensive stud may go out in the first five minutes leaving the possibility of a 3500 guy coming in to play big minutes. Always pick someone who at least will play because you never know.

I think normally this would be the approach. I don’t hate the idea of going more balanced and hoping to catch a bunch of upside that way. You know how when you go balanced it seems like there’s always one or two guys that busts and doesn’t come close to value while others smash? If anyone busts then you have a fairly decent guy in reserve basically. Tomorrow there only being 2 games though I think you have to look at it differently than a bigger slate.

• miggs6876

@thedkexperience said...

I think that makes good sense for the lost part. However, its not that simplistic. The punt you play doesn’t have to be that low. Still have to play a solid punt in case it goes off and one of your other guys doesn’t. Also, last spot could be used on a person who is in a smash spot but injured questionable to play. Remember Embid blowing up when questionable. In short, there are a few ways to play it.

• miggs6876

Speaking of regulars, I hope to hear from TMarohl. Spelling isn’t correct but you know who I mean. I very much looked forward to his input. We will see if he is still a Lebron (lebummer) hater in my Laker purple and yellow.

• damionismyname

@miggs6876 said...

Speaking of regulars, I hope to hear from TMarohl. Spelling isn’t correct but you know who I mean. I very much looked forward to his input. We will see if he is still a Lebron (lebummer) hater in my Laker purple and yellow.

of course he’s still hating on the daily. he’s in here now probably hating on Lebron.

• smallchimp1

Embiid getting a point and a half per minute against Boston sound reasonable? Messing around with breaking DvP into its components (blocks, steals, ets) and comparing it to league average and the player’s average and that number is what gets spit out. Obviously Embiid isn’t sneaky, but if he’s going to kill it, is he a must have?

• damionismyname

@smallchimp said...

Embiid getting a point and a half per minute against Boston sound reasonable? Messing around with breaking DvP into its components (blocks, steals, ets) and comparing it to league average and the player’s average and that number is what gets spit out. Obviously Embiid isn’t sneaky, but if he’s going to kill it, is he a must have?

only a handful of dudes on this 2 gamer that can hit 60-70 and he’s one of them.

• BerkeleyBoss

@thedkexperience said...

Why would you take an automatic 0 when you could play a 3500 player that is projected 15-20 points, like Patrick Patterson or TJ McConnell?

• monarch

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Why would you take an automatic 0 when you could play a 3500 player that is projected 15-20 points, like Patrick Patterson or TJ McConnell?

It is the only way to double stack the high end positions like PG and SF. McConnell is a great play but from a raw point perspective you are sacrificing potential 50 burgers from Curry and Kyrie, then do you also want to miss out on PG13 and KD 50 burgers? It’s not a guarantee but that is a reasonable path to 200 FD points from four players. It is really difficult to get all of them without the double punt strategy.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@smallchimp said...

Assuming he gets 30-35 minutes and nothing out of the ordinary happens I figure his floor to be about 40 with a realistic ceiling of 60. Whether or not you have to have him I don’t know. If I was only making one line up I would. You have Irving, Curry, PG13, Durant, Simmons and Embiid on this slate as the expensive high ceiling guys, and RWB if he plays. I just don’t think he will. You can fit 4 of them on DK and FD I think, but you can’t fit anymore that that. If 4 of those guys outscore Embiid and depending on how the slate breaks down it’s very possible he’s not in the winning line up. If he gets 45, but Horford gets 35 and all those other guys hit 50 or more you really probably won’t. There’s many variables with what you give up by paying up to him versus not playing him. The savings from Embiid to Horford might get you from Redick to Dennis or Morris to Tatum and so on.

But yeah, depending on your definition of killing it, you’ll probably want him. If he hits 60 and you don’t have him you’re probably not getting to the top. If he gets 40-45 you’re probably OK without him depending on how others do.

• Smallchimp

The more I watch this NFL showdown, the more I’m excited to get on NBA LOL

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@jriesel315 said...

The more I watch this NFL showdown, the more I’m excited to get on NBA LOL

I’m guessing this has something to do with TyMont?

• smallchimp1

@Pandamonious said...

I’m guessing this has something to do with TyMont?

I’m able to get KD, PG, Embiid and Schroder all in a lineup with players others have mentioned and I feel about as confident as I can 23 hours before lock. But this makes me sick to my stomach actually having confidence in it haha

IDK why I quoted you on that

• Benf15harp

@damionismyname said...

only a handful of dudes on this 2 gamer that can hit 60-70 and he’s one of them.

Kyrie, Simmons, embiid, steph, klay, KD, pg13, German rondo or rwb. Almost 2 handfuls lmao

• miggs6876

I just glanced at weds. slate. Wow, I’m having a hard time (fanduel) making likeable lineups. Seems like pricing is super tight.

• moped_jones

@Pandamonious said...

I think normally this would be the approach. I don’t hate the idea of going more balanced and hoping to catch a bunch of upside that way. You know how when you go balanced it seems like there’s always one or two guys that busts and doesn’t come close to value while others smash? If anyone busts then you have a fairly decent guy in reserve basically. Tomorrow there only being 2 games though I think you have to look at it differently than a bigger slate.

I don’t hate this strategy.

I’m going to stick in the kiddie pool (quarter games on FD until I build up my bankroll enough to play the $4 games). So early on I will be playing plenty of LU’s and trying many different strategies. I will definitely try going balanced on one or two of them. But mostly I will go for min priced players I know will be getting halfway decent minutes.

• leroystabbins

@thedkexperience said...

I waited like 5 pages for this.

Lol. I don’t post on here alot and felt like I had something to finally contribute. This GIF is better than a thumbs up.

Also this is a strategy for GPP for the most part tomorrow. Bigger slates the double punt will absolutely be the early strategy. Double up lineups I can see going balanced to give yourself some protection.

• rog11sm

After just reading three pages of this I realize I need to fade embiid and hope for the best

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.