7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -2.5 ) at Orlando ( 2.5 ) —- T: 210
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 12 ) at Toronto ( -12 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at New York ( -3.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 7.5 ) at Houston ( -7.5 ) —- T: 228.5
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at San Antonio ( -3 ) —- T: 210.5
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( -8.5 ) at Sacramento ( 8.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 226
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Phoenix ( -1.5 ) —- T: 215

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• scott33

I read somewhere on Twitter the Sabonis Might not see as much run tonight. He played more than any other Pacer in the 1st half smh

• DFScoholic

@JayB82 said...

Anyone else have Marc the joke gasol

• scott33

AD gonna smash as long as he doesn’t break

• Se7entyTimes7

Garret temple saving my team lol

• chronoxiong

Anyone seen Kelly Olynyk? Is he on a milk carton?

• Dfspacman

Kanter why

• dominicanpapi

Mirotic and Davis are gonna get 15 boards each at this rate.

• mtdurham

@frugal said...

I’d go as far as saying stacking can actually be detrimental in the NBA. If a player on a team totally goes off, it can be at the expense of other players getting shots. Now there are clearly cases where 2 or 3 players from a team can massively hit, but I find it extremely rare where 5 would all hit unless a scenario where all are massively underpriced, some type of multiple injury scenario.

In my albeit limited experience I find there is a healthy balance….

I like the game stack because of the 2OT potential and the uptempo pace… and correlations like a made basket with an assist….

But at the same time there are a finite number of possessions in a 48 minute game and not everyone can shoot on the same possession….

I don’t think its a requirement to stack by any means…. but when you get an absolute shootout like we’re going to have in Hou/NO tonight…. i dont see how you can win without exposure,,,,, like in a 125-120 game there’s going to be someone who walks away absolutely SMASHING….and more than likely the correct answer is ~3.

You’re going to want 3 guys from that game on DK IMO. Which three are anyone’s guess. I like PJ Tucker, Jrue Holiday, and Paul.

Tucker because of the 3PM, reb, minutes, and salary.

Jrue because he has transformed himself into a terrific offensive player and they need his defense tonight so he may play a LOT. Huge Peripheral upside too.

Paul because he draws a horrendous defender while Harden will likely be shadowed by Holiday who is as good as it gets on that end. Houston ALWAYS attacks the weaker matchup. Why would tonight be any different? Paul’s ceiling is usually slightly capped by Harden usage, mins in blowouts, and lower minutes because he’s a veteran. Well tonight Houston has zero incentive to attack with Harden over Paul, I dont expect a blowout, and he’s as fresh as he will be all year.

• Se7entyTimes7

Thj going nuts

• scott33

THJ is smashing, wish I had more

• thedkexperience

When did Capela lose a bet to take on “(player-popup #dennis-schroder)Dennis Schroeder”:/players/dennis-schroder-18595’s haircut?

• yellowdart24

Kanter showing why he’s a stud tonight…

• Kamais_Ookin

is kaminsky not playing? lol

• havs99

alex len scrub for life

• mtdurham

@JTAx33 said...

Oh I KNOW you didn’t just compare OG to Giannis. I know that’s not what I read

I didn’t compare them in terms of SKILLS . I compared them in terms of IMPACT.

They were remarkably similar players last year in that regard.

• BigSeph

A ton of landmines to navigate tonight.

Kanter in 50% of my lineups, invisible man so far. Fortunately he’s the only one I stepped on.

• mtdurham

@thedkexperience said...

I drafted OG with the last pick in my dynasty league draft. When asked about it I said to my buddy, “well I think he sucks but he starts for a 50 win team and some spreadsheet guys rave about him so I figured I’d give him a try.” That was like 4 days ago.

If nothing else, let me give you a small piece of advice. I got a heck of a lot better at DFS when I stopped going full spreadsheet and did my best to remember that these are actual human beings. I spent years slamming my head into the ceiling unsuccessfully.

My breakthrough GPP single entry wins in football and baseball were achieved by understanding the spreadsheet but finally figuring out that the lost key to DFS is actually watching games like an old school guy. The market inefficiency in 2018 is that everyone now understands what a market inefficiency is. Sometimes simply saying “I played player X because the other guy sucks” really is all you need to do.

I watch multiple NBA games almost every night during the regular season.

What helps is that I go into games knowing what I’m looking for. That helps a lot actually.

When you read that a player is off the charts amazing…and then you watch him work off the ball and how he functions in the team’s offense/defense you gain a much greater appreciation for the sport.

Most NFL/NBA fans are just ball watchers. You can learn a lot that way don’t get me wrong. But if that’s all you do you’ll wind up overrating the scorers and underrating the “role players” everytime.

I put “role players” in quotation marks because most people don’t realize that “scorers” are just filling a role too. Their role is to score. ANd it doesn’t mean they are the best player on the team when they do.

• scott33

Kanter is killing me

• scott33

@yellowdart24 said...

Kanter showing why he’s a stud tonight…

The one guy I can never get right. I play him, he burns me. I fade him, he burns me.

• yellowdart24

@scott33 said...

The one guy I can never get right. I play him, he burns me. I fade him, he burns me.

Me too. Couldn’t trust Ayton as a rookie so I went with what should have been a double double lock with Kanter… oops

• dolphinkick182

@scott33 said...

I read somewhere on Twitter the Sabonis Might not see as much run tonight. He played more than any other Pacer in the 1st half smh

TJ Leaf limped to the locker room and gave Sabonis his minutes.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Dang. I like my FD lineup a lot more before I decided to take our Hardaway Jr : (

• Cocomilk

marc gasol on the forum at halftime

• Kamais_Ookin

kaminsky goose egg i’m rekt.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

It’s interesting to not have read the thread since the games started and to see who has been getting called a bust compared to where they are now. Pretty much no one at this point that has been mentioned as a bust is busting right now.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).