7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -2.5 ) at Orlando ( 2.5 ) —- T: 210
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 12 ) at Toronto ( -12 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at New York ( -3.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 7.5 ) at Houston ( -7.5 ) —- T: 228.5
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at San Antonio ( -3 ) —- T: 210.5
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( -8.5 ) at Sacramento ( 8.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 226
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Phoenix ( -1.5 ) —- T: 215

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• osuryanf

Atlanta is soooooo bad

• mtdurham

@scott33 said...

THJ is smashing, wish I had more

Very annoyed. I landed on THJ so many times. I knew someone from the knicks would have a big night but i didnt know who….i just knew there was no way at that pricing i wasnt playing someone from the knicks…

I tried to force Hezonja for the longest time….but the guy is a terrible player…. and i didnt knwo if he’d get the minutes he got in Orlando….

Then I tried to force THJ… but i hate his peripherals… i hated his recent game log… i hate his huge contract… i hate everything about THJ…. he’s ridicuously overrated.

I ended up on Trey Burke…. I dont trust Fizdale as a coach yet… but I also dont know enough about him to know if he sucks or not…. Lebron genuinely loves him…and while lebron likes his butt kissed he also is one of the most intellectually sound basketball players of all time… so i trust his instincts…

TLDR: I will be playing someone against the Hawks every single night this week. Sometimes two people.

• Kamais_Ookin

4th quarter started still 0 pts kaminsky. GG!

• DFScoholic

@Kamais_Ookin said...

4th quarter started still 0 pts kaminsky. GG!

• DFScoholic

@mtdurham said...

Very annoyed. I landed on THJ so many times. I knew someone from the knicks would have a big night but i didnt know who….i just knew there was no way at that pricing i wasnt playing someone from the knicks…

I tried to force Hezonja for the longest time….but the guy is a terrible player…. and i didnt knwo if he’d get the minutes he got in Orlando….

Then I tried to force THJ… but i hate his peripherals… i hated his recent game log… i hate his huge contract… i hate everything about THJ…. he’s ridicuously overrated.

I ended up on Trey Burke…. I dont trust Fizdale as a coach yet… but I also dont know enough about him to know if he sucks or not…. Lebron genuinely loves him…and while lebron likes his butt kissed he also is one of the most intellectually sound basketball players of all time… so i trust his instincts…

TLDR: I will be playing someone against the Hawks every single night this week. Sometimes two people.

• scott33

Kanter redeemed himself. Trae Young looking like my worst pick of the night, other than Kelly O who’s score will be dropped.

• mtdurham

@yellowdart24 said...

Kanter showing why he’s a stud tonight…

I’ll give Kanter credit. He used to be the worst defensive player in the league. Now he’s just an awful defender.

Kanter is a statistic machine. Monster offensive rebounder, great touch around the hoop, just a double double machine.

The problem with Kanter is that every possession he’s in the game you just run the PNR against him and make him switch onto your primary ballhandler.

Once you put Kanter on an island he’s basically the worst defensive player on planet Earth. He looks like he plays defense on roller skates.

On top of that he secretly sabotages your team’s offense because of where he positions himself on the court. He basically invites a help defender on every play.

Once Porzingis gets healthy we will find out if Fizdale is a good coach. Porzingis is literally an unstoppable force at Center. At Power Forward he’s just another guy offensively.

• scott33

Dammit Giannis

• badtrip

I’m rooting for an OT game in DET.

• mmic23

Randle on fire!!!

• tony20rocks

Oladipo killed me tonight. Oh, well Kemba carrying the load.

• tony20rocks

Bamba

• damionismyname

Davis > ABC

• mtdurham

@Kamais_Ookin said...

is kaminsky not playing? lol

This is the 30th anniversary of the Hornets franchise. I was 6 years old in 1988. They’ve played ~2,000 games in franchise history.

Of those I’ve probably seen about ~1,300 if I had to guess. If you need to know anything about the Hornets going forward, I’m your guy.

Kaminsky will play sparingly under this coaching regime unless injuries force him into the lineup. He is a HORRENDOUS defender. I mean HORRENDOUS.

He is actually one of the top offensive PF in the league. But that’s not saying much. There are no good offensive players at PF in the NBA at the moment. It’s the least important position in the league so teams punt at PF and play guys who can rebound/defend instead.

On offense teams literally want a guy who can stand in the corner on offense and space the floot. And put the ball on the floor if someone closes out too hard and make the pass. THat’s it. Kaminsky excels at putting the ball on the floor and passing. And he’s a decent shooter.

But he CAN NOT DEFEND. At all. He’s useless in the PNR, he can’t reboudn, and he’s the slowest rotating defender in the league.

Do not play Frank kaminsky until further notice. Miles Bridges is significantly better than him and he’s not even in the rotation.

Also, the hornets just rolled out a lineup with Kemba, Monk, AND tony parker all in at the same time. THis is the same franchise that insisted on playing a true Power Foward (Nic Baturm) at SHOOTING GUARD the last couple of years… to say this is an extreme shift in philosophy would be a massive understatement

• Se7entyTimes7

AD eating good in the houston hood

• fresh56

if it wasn’t for fouls giannis could’ve went for 70. Good thing i went with davis lol

• tonytone1908

Glass gonna hit a C-Note?

• thedkexperience

Davis has 48.6 at half on FD

• jessedio

AD needs to keep eating and Kawhi needs to step it up. He’s doing ok but is very underwhelming right now.

• Cocomilk

@Pandamonious said...

It’s interesting to not have read the thread since the games started and to see who has been getting called a bust compared to where they are now. Pretty much no one at this point that has been mentioned as a bust is busting right now.

same shit different year. soon the forum will know more about rotations than tenured nba coaches. unless roasting vogel, cause that would be legit

• Kamais_Ookin

ty durham regarding kaminsky

• scott33

AD 100 burger a possibility, got him in 4/8.

• EhhTimmay

Russell not even on the floor in the 4th….

LeVert and Dinwiddie outplaying him pretty badly today.

• Dfspacman

Damn Heat losing

• noddy

I need Russell back in the damn game!!!!!!!!!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).