7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -2.5 ) at Orlando ( 2.5 ) —- T: 210
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 12 ) at Toronto ( -12 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at New York ( -3.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 7.5 ) at Houston ( -7.5 ) —- T: 228.5
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at San Antonio ( -3 ) —- T: 210.5
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( -8.5 ) at Sacramento ( 8.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 226
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Phoenix ( -1.5 ) —- T: 215

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• scott33

@SkateFiend said...

Jerry West was likely involved in the team’s decision to retain Lou Williams.

I think you’re underrating Williams a bit. Defense doesn’t matter in DFS. Sweet Lou is is versatile offensive player with a penchant for going to the line, meaning he might salvage his off shooting nights by making 10 of 11 free throws.

Rivers like to use Lou like Denver uses Will Barton – a bench player who gets close to starting minutes. He might sit out a chunk of the first quarter. But he’ll get his shots in the long run, especially if the other guards can’t stay healthy. I would only fade him if the price is unreasonable, but he’s been useful as late night hammer for me a number of times.

Hate to admit it but Durham is right on this one. Don’t forget that the Clips were without Bradley & Bev last year, plus they added Shai. Yeah Rivers is gone but still, that’s a very crowded backcourt. The Clips to play this year without having to worry about minutes are Gallo & Tobias.

• mtdurham

@noddy said...

Mtdurham post your plays tonight.

My plays are absolutely none of your business. I would rather dropkick my own mother in the face before i post my own plays.

Because most of them I targeted for a great reason. ANd i will target them again . Possibly tomorrow.

Why don’t you thumb through the 27 pages of this thread and read every word I posted. Try keeping a tally of where I was right and where I was wrong.

Keep the “right” marks on the left side of the ledger and the “wrong” marks to your ****ing self. Because if you think anything I Said tonight was “wrong” you are the one who doesn’t get it. Not me.

Abuse me you pricks. You’re all millionaires, right? That’s what somebody implied earlier, correct? Because I can type a coherent argument I must be a millionaire? And if not I must not know what I’m talking about…if that’s the case then Don’t get mad when I throw it in your face at the end of EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT.

That’s the beauty of basketball. It’s all data driven. If i speak in data I literally can’t be wrong but so often. But you can be wrong a whole lot with your narratives, spin, and mental gymnastics.

• KindGuy

Make your damn free throws, Millsap!

• scott33

@mtdurham said...

My plays are absolutely none of your business. I would rather dropkick my own mother in the face before i post my own plays.

Because most of them I targeted for a great reason. ANd i will target them again . Possibly tomorrow.

Why don’t you thumb through the 27 pages of this thread and read every word I posted. Try keeping a tally of where I was right and where I was wrong.

Keep the “right” marks on the left side of the ledger and the “wrong” marks to your ****ing self. Because if you think anything I Said tonight was “wrong” you are the one who doesn’t get it. Not me.

Abuse me you pricks. You’re all millionaires, right? That’s what somebody implied earlier, correct? Because I can type a coherent argument I must be a millionaire? And if not I must not know what I’m talking about…if that’s the case then Don’t get mad when I throw it in your face at the end of EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT.

That’s the beauty of basketball. It’s all data driven. If i speak in data I literally can’t be wrong but so often. But you can be wrong a whole lot with your narratives, spin, and mental gymnastics.

Calm down buddy

• noddy

@mtdurham said...

It’s not about being right or wrong. Knew you wouldn’t post your plays. Just knew it.

• KindGuy

I had too much Gary Harris :(

Boban nice game though.

• scott33

That Boban dunk with his feet on the floor

• miggs6876

@mforo60 said...

I can’t believe I just won this! Pending stat corrections. I rarely enter anything bigger than a couple thousand entries, but since the $8 was 10 entry max tonight, I just threw in my three lineups. I seriously can’t believe I think I just took down a GPP on the first real night of the season.

Nice.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

• SkateFiend

@scott33 said...

Hate to admit it but Durham is right on this one. Don’t forget that the Clips were without Bradley & Bev last year, plus they added Shai. Yeah Rivers is gone but still, that’s a very crowded backcourt. The Clips to play this year without having to worry about minutes are Gallo & Tobias.

Bev and Gallinari missed a ton of time last year. I don’t see that team staying totally healthy for the whole year.

I would only consistently fade Williams if the price is unreasonable. But he’s unlikely to go over 30 bucks at Yahoo or 6,000 at FD. When you get players like Evan Fournier, Bazemore and Lou Williams right, your lineups gets a nice boost. You really shouldn’t “fade” any viable players from the west coast, depending on the slate.

• miggs6876

@mtdurham said...

Luka Doncic will be in a winning GPP lineup this year. Probably several.

The problem is that you’re playing him on opening night when he’s priced up…. Value wins GPP’s…. not random stabs…

Doncic wasn’t a “donkey” play by any means but put yourself in his shoes…. it’s hit first night in the NBA…. he has a chance to become the best player that ever lived….even Lebron was a mess statistically in his first game….

THis dude was late for the Opening tip-off because he had to run back to the locker room and grab some non Sh!t stained boxers after warmups…. at no point was he thinking “I’m gonna get a triple double with 4 steals” which is waht you realistically are looking for at his price point in a GPP.

All he was thinking at tip off was “Please God don’t let Trae Young be any good, I’ll never hear the end of it”

And God granted his wishes.. Trae Young sucks at basketball.

The GOd’s have smiled on Luka Doncic.

1) He was drafted behind hte “cant miss” Deandre Ayton

2) He was drafted behind the notable bust (Marvin Bagley)

3) He was traded for a notable bust (Trae Young)

4) He’s young, rich, and good looking (no homes) .

Doncic will be in a GPP lineup soon. Just let him get priced correctly first. On draftkngs its important to remember you want guys who are priced with meat left on the bone.

If you’re looking for locks you need to find a different hobby. Draftkings pricing is tight. It requires meat on the bone. Period.

I agree it was too early to pick him. It literally cost me a couple of hundred dollars in winnings.

Also, I think you are spot on with T. Young. I don’t get the hype on him. At best he will be an ok player.

I am more neutral on Bagley.

• ttucowboy84

@mtdurham said...

….

• KindGuy

Lots of mistakes were made today….. the good thing is that I have 6 more months to figure out this thing!

• mtdurham

@miggs6876 said...

You make a point. However, we are here to assist one another, be friendly, and make a joke or two.

Your approach and style isn’t really supporting this. I get you don’t have to make friends but you also don’t have to make enimies either.

Just respect everyone’s opinion and when you disagree be civil.

Also, its ok to admit you are wrong.

I’m not here to make friends or enemies. This is an outlet for me. It keeps me out of rehab, drug dens, prison, etc. It keeps me from driving across the country on a whim’s notice while crushing a case of beer and snorting whatever I can find off the rearview mirror.

If I come off as combative I apologize. I post some pretty informative stuff. Like someone else said earlier “if you can get past the arrogance” blah blah blah i forget what he said after that i just know it was some flattering shit and I bathed in it.

The smartest and the dumbest saying in the world is “Real recognize Real”.. … It’s dumb because it’s a dumb.

But it’s a highly intellectual quote because its absolutely true. People who know what they’re talking about immediately recognize when someone else knows what they’re talking about.

And if you can’t recognize that I know what I’m talking about when it comes to the NBA then frankly you don’t know jack about the NBA.

I gained a lot of respect for a select few posters today who actually made sense in this thread. They refuted my argument with their own stance. Right or wrong, they figured out how to put 25 consecutive words together and “leave a reply”.

If all you had to say was “you’re an idiot” then let me just respond “you’re a casual”. From now that’s my go to response. You wanted me to post less words.. So i paraphrased my entire agrument going forward. When I identify you have no idea what you are talking about i’m going to post “You’re a casual”.

• BBWC_10

MtDurham…you need a hug !!! So many negative posts and bashing guys for playing certain players. If it were all data driven it would be easy. Guys have off nights when their shot isn’t falling. Some may get in foul trouble, some may get sick right before tip off. You just come off like you know it all and rub people the wrong way.

• eKing

Jokic: 9 rebs on DK/STATS….. 8 rebs on FD/ESPN/NBA

Barton: 1 blk on DK/STATS….. 2 blks on FD/ESPN/NBA

We’ll find out who gets the final say on day 1.

• sasmallen

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@mtdurham said...

I’m not here to make friends or enemies. This is an outlet for me. It keeps me out of rehab, drug dens, prison, etc. It keeps me from driving across the country on a whim’s notice while crushing a case of beer and snorting whatever I can find off the rearview mirror.

If I come off as combative I apologize. I post some pretty informative stuff. Like someone else said earlier “if you can get past the arrogance” blah blah blah i forget what he said after that i just know it was some flattering shit and I bathed in it.

The smartest and the dumbest saying in the world is “Real recognize Real”.. … It’s dumb because it’s a dumb.

But it’s a highly intellectual quote because its absolutely true. People who know what they’re talking about immediately recognize when someone else knows what they’re talking about.

And if you can’t recognize that I know what I’m talking about when it comes to the NBA then frankly you don’t know jack about the NBA.

I gained a lot of respect for a select few posters today who actually made sense in this thread. They refuted my argument with their own stance. Right or wrong, they figured out how to put 25 consecutive words together and “leave a reply”.

If all you had to say was “you’re an idiot” then let me just respond “you’re a casual”. From now that’s my go to response. You wanted me to post less words.. So i paraphrased my entire agrument going forward. When I identify you have no idea what you are talking about i’m going to post “You’re a casual”.

• KindGuy

@eKing said...

Jokic: 9 rebs on DK/STATS….. 8 rebs on FD/ESPN/NBA

Barton: 1 blk on DK/STATS….. 2 blks on FD/ESPN/NBA

We’ll find out who gets the final say on day 1.

The stats will always match what you see on ESPN. Last night proved that.

• mtdurham

@ttucowboy84 said...

Huh? When did I say you were idiotic or that you don’t know what you’re talking about? Talk about bizzaro world. I feel like I’m in it after reading that post.

I said spitting fire in the sense that you seem angry / highly emotional tonight. Lighting people up like Christmas trees left and right. I’m guessing you had a rough night in DFS. Go get yourself laid to take the edge off.

Haha sorry you misunderstood. I did not mean to say “YOU” as in you personally…. i meant “YOU” as in the forum….

The forum had their go at me for the first 10 pages (feel free to re-read the play by play)…. roughly half the content was them telling me i dont know anything about the NBA, the other half was them recommending their sh!tty plays for the evening….

I actually have the utmost respect for you as a poster. If i saw you post something that went against my beliefs I’d immediately research that statistic or line of thought. Because one of us is wrong and I sure as hell don’t want it to be me.

• KindGuy

@mtdurham said...

“Real recognize real” I totally agree!

It’s funny, I have a lot of contrarian views on players so we’re similar in that respect. I like how you always back up your arguments with FACTS. People can’t argue with those.

Keep doing you Mtdurham. Keep doing you brotha.

• damionismyname

@mtdurham said...

dude stfu! I’m getting tired of you self righteous bs on here. you’ve come on here, go on every thread on this site and write pages of superfluous drivel. keep it to basics or go somewhere that talks you’re lingo. nobody here wants to hear you wax poetic about every post, stats from 2 years ago or correlations between KD eating bacon on Tuesdays and his fg pct dropping .34ths of a percent. I’m sure you will reply with another short story. I’m done.

• miggs6876

That is more than fair. I do agree with many of your points. For instance, I agree about the NBA being data driven. That’s why we use tools that gather the data and give us insight. The data should not be ignored. With that said, sometimes its ok to go with feel and use your gut instinct too.

On a personal note, I’m happy to hear you are maintaining your sobriety. That’s the most important issue here.

• scott33

Had the right plays, just not the right combos for anything more than min cash tonight. I’m liking tomorrow’s 3 gamer, nice bounce back spot for Philly.

• ttucowboy84

@mtdurham said...

Haha sorry you misunderstood. I did not mean to say “YOU” as in you personally…. i meant “YOU” as in the forum….

The forum had their go at me for the first 10 pages (feel free to re-read the play by play)…. roughly half the content was them telling me i dont know anything about the NBA, the other half was them recommending their sh!tty plays for the evening….

I actually have the utmost respect for you as a poster. If i saw you post something that went against my beliefs I’d immediately research that statistic or line of thought. Because one of us is wrong and I sure as hell don’t want it to be me.

Haha ahh, all good man. You threw me for a loop there initially.

• KindGuy

Wow, I can’t believe Gasol salvaged. Still, Memphis is going to be REALLY bad until they get rid of him.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).