7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -2.5 ) at Orlando ( 2.5 ) —- T: 210
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 12 ) at Toronto ( -12 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at New York ( -3.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 7.5 ) at Houston ( -7.5 ) —- T: 228.5
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at San Antonio ( -3 ) —- T: 210.5
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( -8.5 ) at Sacramento ( 8.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 226
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Phoenix ( -1.5 ) —- T: 215

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• scott33

@SkateFiend said...

I spread around punt and balanced lineups and didn’t really benefit see much difference.

If AD didn’t go off I may have min cashed more.

AD was almost a must for min cash tonight, & definitely a must for anything significant. I wanted to go all in on him but hey, it’s Glass we’re talking about here.

• miggs6876

@scott33 said...

My 3 lineups that scored over 300 on FD had two min priced punts (McGruder & Jones Jr). McGruder was right around value while Jones Jr’s score got dropped. This allowed me to fit in ABC & Glass. Not sure what the optimal strategy is yet on FD, looks like tonight the best lineups I saw had 1 min priced punt, pay up for AD & then balanced with the other 7 spots.

My personal thoughts on dropping lowest score. At first, I really didn’t like the idea. I am beginning to really like it. Why you ask? Feels like a can make lineups that I normally wouldn’t make.

• scott33

@miggs6876 said...

My personal thoughts on dropping lowest score. At first, I really didn’t like the idea. I am beginning to really like it. Why you ask? Feels like a can make lineups that I normally wouldn’t make.

Yeah I have mixed feelings about it. It’s starting to grow on me a little, tho I still prefer the traditional format. It did help one of my Kelly O lineups cash tonight so there’s that.

• miggs6876

@SkateFiend said...

I spread around punt and balanced lineups and didn’t really see much difference.

If AD didn’t go off I may have min cashed more.

I really thought long and hard about the 3 studs AD, ABC, and Harden. I tried to fit them into several lineups. One or both or all three. After much time, I mostly played AD. I loved Aldridge, Burkes, THJ, and Whiteside.

• FourthnGoal

Not sure I like the FD drop low score. I believe this was their way of getting around the late swap issue and for late scratches but it changes the strategy of making lineups. Do you automatically punt a player or make your best 9 man lineup? If you automatically punt a player and one of the other 8 lays an egg you’re toast. Also if all 9 hit value but low score is dropped you could fall down on standings cause your dropped player has more points than someone else’s team. Wished they had gone back to late swap make it even across the board.

• hautalak

• 2021 Blogger of the Month

Kind of surprised this thread hasn’t been “locked”…

With that being said, I had 1 out of 4 lineups cash. The lineup I picked for the $2 SE was garbage. Why did I think Ryan Anderson was a good play? He was on my best lineup too. Good thing I don’t play much NBA but just enough to get some “achievements”. Maybe I should just play all goons to rack up the foul one lol Not sure what the top FPPs for that one is though.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@hautalak said...

Kind of surprised this thread hasn’t been “locked”…

It’s close. Going to go ahead and delete many off topic posts right now.

This thread was clearly derailed and I’m reaching out to a few members via PM.

• Jlauver33

@bhdevault said...

Yeah that got wild… anyway, glad the site is running smoothly again! Looking forward to tonight’s slate, and good luck everyone!

• hautalak

• 2021 Blogger of the Month

@bhdevault said...

I don’t really care one way or the other tbh, I just thought it was getting close to crossing that threshold if it hadn’t already.

• dominicanpapi

With how depleted Houston is, I think you have to play Harden until the wheels fall off.

• mtdurham

Yeah i apologize for going overboard. I dont need people getting me riled up like that. Once i let the tiger out of the cage its hard to get it back in.

I cant believe someone wanted me to die…. imagine getting so heated over fantasy basketball that you wished death on someone.

Honestly I respect the passion. Not the method of delivery.

But i love fire in the belly.

Be careful though guys. Despite anything i may ever post I love everyone here and would never want you to take anything so seriously that it causes you real mental anguish, depression, or real world problems. Thats not something to play around with. You dont ever want to joke about committing a felony on a public message board. I’ve seen people actually catch a charge for that sort of thing. Lets all be smart and keep the banter playful and informative going forward.

• miggs6876

@FourthnGoal said...

Not sure I like the FD drop low score. I believe this was their way of getting around the late swap issue and for late scratches but it changes the strategy of making lineups. Do you automatically punt a player or make your best 9 man lineup? If you automatically punt a player and one of the other 8 lays an egg you’re toast. Also if all 9 hit value but low score is dropped you could fall down on standings cause your dropped player has more points than someone else’s team. Wished they had gone back to late swap make it even across the board.

Exactly. There are lots of choices you can make. Your choices change from day to day depending on the slate. I like it so far.

• tmarohl

@SkateFiend said...

Did punting one spot work out for anyone?

For the second night in a row, my best lineups were ones that actually had a zero score being dropped, rather than a player that actually scored. Don’t think that is viable most nights, but it has been the last couple.

• tmarohl

@mtdurham said...

Yeah i apologize for going overboard. I dont need people getting me riled up like that. Once i let the tiger out of the cage its hard to get it back in.

I cant believe someone wanted me to die…. imagine getting so heated over fantasy basketball that you wished death on someone.

Honestly I respect the passion. Not the method of delivery.

But i love fire in the belly.

Be careful though guys. Despite anything i may ever post I love everyone here and would never want you to take anything so seriously that it causes you real mental anguish, depression, or real world problems. Thats not something to play around with. You dont ever want to joke about committing a felony on a public message board. I’ve seen people actually catch a charge for that sort of thing. Lets all be smart and keep the banter playful and informative going forward.

I love the Mokeski avatar.

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

For the second night in a row, my best lineups were ones that actually had a zero score being dropped, rather than a player that actually scored. Don’t think that is viable most nights, but it has been the last couple.

There’s going to be some slate-to-slate nuance in it, but I have to believe that if you only get 8 scores to count, then using $56,500 or as close as possible on your best 8 with a reasonable min-price (ish) backup is the best strategy.

• ArabBwoy6ix

For anyone who can’t plug in LeBron James or Ben Simmons.. Value stacks in Goran Dragic aka “The Dragon” and Josh Richardson for the MIA Heat, cluster injuries for MIA in Winslow, Waiters and Ellington. Look for Dragic and Richardson to rack up a lot of minutes tonight again. GL RotoGrinders!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).