7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -2.5 ) at Orlando ( 2.5 ) —- T: 210
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 12 ) at Toronto ( -12 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at New York ( -3.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 7.5 ) at Houston ( -7.5 ) —- T: 228.5
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at San Antonio ( -3 ) —- T: 210.5
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( -8.5 ) at Sacramento ( 8.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 226
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Phoenix ( -1.5 ) —- T: 215

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• thedkexperience

@underdawgs said...

Psychology question – if you made a lineup you love and then realized it was all players in the 7pm and 8pm games, with no late players, how many of you would change the lineup to include (at least) one late player?
    Points are points and that’s it, but curious how everyone else thinks about this

I think I remembered last night how helpless it feels to watch your money go up in flames after 11:30 PM Eastern.

I had 3 late players … seems like everyone else had 6. I don’t think changing one would matter all that much. It’s hard to fight against the West Coast stack sometimes.

• mdritter3d

@bfwl3434 said...

Len should have an easy 6x on DK with potential for 7-8x

Til he picks up 3 fouls in 4 mins lol

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

@thedkexperience said...

Might sound crazy but you should re-run those numbers on FD using 8 players and a cap of 56.5k since you’re dropping a low score.

I’m more concerned with the site’s pricing algorithms rather than the end result scores in this case.

• dmbtrip2004

@mdritter3d said...

Til he picks up 3 fouls in 4 mins lol

• thedkexperience

Dario’s foul trouble gave me NBA PTSD. Dude had 9 points in like 2 minutes, ended up with 11. Foul trouble is the worst. The Len post just gave me flashbacks to my flashback.

• eipsallig

I noticed the big price difference with also! Butler, Warren, and Anderson are a huge difference!

• csandbizzle

Butler under 7k is so tempting

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

@thedkexperience said...

I think I remembered last night how helpless it feels to watch your money go up in flames after 11:30 PM Eastern.

I had 3 late players … seems like everyone else had 6. I don’t think changing one would matter all that much. It’s hard to fight against the West Coast stack sometimes.

Yeah you shouldn’t even consider what time the games start, just pretend they all start at the same time. Picking guys because you need guys in the late games is going to hurt your scores over the long run.

coincidentally though the late games tend to be the ones with the highest totals given the nature of it… Warriors, Lakers, Suns, Nuggets all bringing fantasy points aplenty, so it might not hurt you in all situations but as a general rule just ignore the times.

It is brutal to have money at like 9:30 and then know your opponents have way more minutes left than you… I just try not to pay any attention and go to bed early on those nights haha.

• monarch

Tristan is going to have to play a ton with Nance out. I dont like the player but both teams play fast. He could double double pretty easily.

• frugal

FD/Yahoo based early uber value observations…

Bryn Forbes looks like a free square.

James Ennis ($3.5K/$10) offers nice budget exposure to the highest O/U on the slate. He averaged 11.2 PPG and 4.4 REB in preseason. Ceiling is obviously capped with all the usage flowing though Paul, Harden, and Anthony off the bench. But Houston is going to shoot a ton of 3’s and Ennis .359 3P% will absolutely see some action. NOP ranks 7th highest over the last 2 seasons in FPPG against 3DW.

Maxi Kleber ($3.5K/$10) With Dirk and Barnes out and Powell with a knee issue, Mavs are thin in the front court. Of course, Kleber was also reported with back issues, but if he’s cleared to play and Powell sits, Kleber should be the 1st in minutes at the 4/5 behind Doncic/Jordan. He was a huge bright spot in preseason showing much improved skills as a true stretch 4.

And finally, specifically on Yahoo, the majority of every team’s bench in min salaried. Opting for a 6th man here could pay dividends.

And a few brief observations on mismatches/pivot studs…

Are we really expecting Jared Dudley to cover Blake Griffin?
    Conversely, the BRK played DET in preseason and granted it went to OT but Levert, Russell, and Allen combined for 48 FGA for a combined salary of $15.2/$51.
    Lue thinks Kevin Love may not be quite in game shape. Poor matchup, but with that starting roster he may end with a league high usage rate.

• thedkexperience

@jon2anderson said...

Yeah you shouldn’t even consider what time the games start, just pretend they all start at the same time. Picking guys because you need guys in the late games is going to hurt your scores over the long run.

coincidentally though the late games tend to be the ones with the highest totals given the nature of it… Warriors, Lakers, Suns, Nuggets all bringing fantasy points aplenty, so it might not hurt you in all situations but as a general rule just ignore the times.

It is brutal to have money at like 9:30 and then know your opponents have way more minutes left than you… I just try not to pay any attention and go to bed early on those nights haha.

Yup, exactly. It also doesn’t help that the most popular teams in the NBA are all in the West meaning a lot of casuals simply start by going “oh hey, it’s those Curry and Durant guys that I saw in the Finals” without any research. Same with the Rockets and Lakers.

Add in no defense in Phoenix or Portland or Denver and a few others and the late night hammer will get you more than it doesn’t. I think the Sixers at home will be involved in some stackably delicious games but aside from the that I don’t envision a lot of Eastern games where you’ll want to stack a bunch of players from the same team. Boston has too many good players to reliably stack them and no one else really has more than 3 viable options most nights.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

anybody have any insight on how the Mavericks usage will shake out? Wesley Matthews fits right into the last start of my lineup and I love taking advantage of the Suns matchup, but he was so inconsistent last year.

• mattyice522

pj tucker free square?

• mrjredoak

With James Johnson and Justise Winslow likely both out (JJ confirmed), do J Rich and Olynyk get all the minutes they can handle? Or is Bam going to get the bigger minutes bump?

• gunthie176

@tmspriggs said...

Seems like Whiteside and Vuc usually go hard and put up big games against each other.

when playing each other…

Vuc – 21/10/2

Whiteside – 17/14. 2 blocks

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

@mrjredoak said...

With James Johnson and Justise Winslow likely both out (JJ confirmed), do J Rich and Olynyk get all the minutes they can handle? Or is Bam going to get the bigger minutes bump?

I think Richardson’s minutes are pretty locked in regardless, but he usually smashes any time he gets any kind of usage bump. He’s an awesome play tonight.

• RatedDAL

Glass hasn’t left a game early in over 180 days. We are due.

• WestCrook1

Trae Young in MSG is so enticing

• mattyice522

trae on tray action

• mtdurham

@jjpk said...

He might be talking about Dedmon, but I’m on Len tonight. He posted super-efficient scoring lines in short stints in the preseason (13-18 minutes) that could translate to huge stats if he can get 24 minutes at the 5/4. He did it with Phoenix, too. I always wondered why he didn’t get more run, but maybe at his size it’s a conditioning issue.

it’s because he’s an awful basketball player. You gotta remember that coaches are incentivized to win, not play guys who collect draftkings points

• ripking

How many minutes will Linsanity get back in the big apple?

• saintsfannca

What is Doncic realistic playing time? I thought he was a starter, but lineup HQ has him projected for like 8 fantasy points

• mrjredoak

@jon2anderson said...

I think Richardson’s minutes are pretty locked in regardless, but he usually smashes any time he gets any kind of usage bump. He’s an awesome play tonight.

I like to play cash on these big slates (FD). Pretty sure I’m locking in J Rich at his price. Thoughts on Kelly O for $5400 in cash? Seems like he should see close to 30 mins. Hassan, Bam, and Kelly O should be splitting all the 4/5 mins right? Or is there another contender for minutes that I’m missing?

• mtdurham

@thedkexperience said...

Someone will need to score 400 to win a GPP on a slate this size so you better build a LU capable of 320 or so

Im confused….why wouldn’t you want to build a lineup capable of scoring 400 if that’s your projected winning score?

• saintsfannca

@saintsfannca said...

What is Doncic realistic playing time? I thought he was a starter, but lineup HQ has him projected for like 8 fantasy points

Edit nvm, it’s been updated. Thought that felt too low

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).