Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30pm Brooklyn at Boston
    7:30pm Milwaukee at Detroit
    8:00pm Charlotte at Chicago
    9:00pm LA Clippers at Utah

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• frugal

@terrypercs said...

Serious question though: seems like the winners the past few nights stacked one game HEAVILY and it pisses me off. How do you know to super stack a trash magic and hawks game? is it pace? salary?

I didn’t stack the Hawks/Magic game, but several picks from that game were pretty obvious. With ATL starters out, Sefolosha is a proven performer. I like Biyombo in a starting role is a rebound machine, but not a big offensive player which meant an Ibaka usage boost.

• TommyWantWingy33

@slpanthers24 said...

Well if you did the last few weeks u won.

No I didn’t. Got destroyed in golf this past weekend.

• deerosa

@terrypercs said...

Serious question though: seems like the winners the past few nights stacked one game HEAVILY and it pisses me off. How do you know to super stack a trash magic and hawks game? is it pace? salary?

That was easy , faith in ELF/ Stacked Milsap and Biyombo. Stayed away from Nokic/Jurkic

Tonight it’s all about the Late games.

• zigger77

Time to fire up Drummond and Tobias todayyy.

• travop

Yes the salary was the main factor. In preseason most guys are not going to put up 40/50 points but every guy is capable of 30 if you can get some cheap guys that you know are going to produce put them in your lineup.

• frugal

@deerosa said...

That was easy , faith in ELF/ Stacked Milsap and Biyombo. Stayed away from Nokic/Jurkic

Tonight it’s all about the Late games.

Don’t sleep on the Brooklyn/Boston game. Some productive players are going to see decent minutes in that game…

• frugal

@zigger77 said...

Time to fire up Drummond and Tobias todayyy.

Maybe Leuer too. I imagine he will start at PF tonight.

EDIT: With Baynes out too, I’m really liking Leuer tonight.

• mellofellowsu

Last week without regular season NBA until April, thank goodness.

• terrypercs

@travop said...

You must be picking the wrong ones. The right ones are easy to pick if you just dig deep like tim hardaway jr last night i knew he would do good because he had bad shooting performance the last game but he put up enough shots to exceed value, plus Atlanta was resting their starters so of course he would get more run. And we should all know about jamal murray by now

Im not putting my money on people like Tim Hardaway, he fucking sucks. And sefalosha’s trash too. I picked Fournier and Aaron Gordon from that game. Faded Biyombo cause one clown in here simply said “I dont like biyombo tonight”, which I shouldve ignored. Other than that I had ed davis, russ, dame, plumlee, bjlecia , fournier, aaron gordon, and wilson chandler… which ended up cashing in double ups but not in gpp’s.

• terrypercs

@zigger77 said...

Its because a bunch of people were sitting. Like all the hawks starters were sitting other than millsap. And the magic were missing 3 of their bench players, so their starters got 35 minutes which was more than most people expected.

bro all I know is basketball. I can’t assume Magic starters are going to even play a lot vs Hawks backups.. couldve been a blow out too. Idk man

• Mondoman13

@terrypercs said...

bro all I know is basketball. I can’t assume Magic starters are going to even play a lot vs Hawks backups.. couldve been a blow out too. Idk man

I agree that you cant assume massive minutes, but most people would take 20mins of quality started vs. a teams JV squad.

• terrypercs

Plus now apparently Aaron Gordon stands in the corner like hes a 40% 3 point shooter now too. Being away from the rim takes away his points, rebounds and other hustle stats. Idk why theyre using him like this. Dont mind me though, just venting lol.

• bmann

Would tend to think CP3 will get more time to rest and play on Tuesday rather than tonight. And I’d bet he doesn’t get more than 15-18 minutes.

• zigger77

@terrypercs said...

Its preseason, games dont actually matter what the score is. Obviously they want to win. But they also want their team to get a feel for what itll be like in the regular season. Plus they got 27-29 minutes last game, plus now 3 players were sitting. There was no reason for their minutes to be below 27

• deerosa

@bmann said...

Would tend to think CP3 will get more time to rest and play on Tuesday rather than tonight. And I’d bet he doesn’t get more than 15-18 minutes.

That would make the most sense. Why even risk him worsening his injury before the season starts.

• bmann

I’m assuming Detriot starts Tobias at the 3 and Leuer at the 4. That looks fantastic for Giannis and Jabari.

• barko15

I think it may be best to stay away for expensive players tonight unless ABC/Blake/Butler are getting 20+ minutes. I’m staying away from wade, Drummond, Paul, Horford and Jordan. thoughts??

• travop

You say Tim sucks but you played Ed Davis lol its preseason you just gotta understand game theory. In the regular seasons i wouldn’t dare touch Tim. Gordon won’t produce like he did last year with Serge Ibaka now on the team. Sefelosha is a good player when given the minutes. And if you watched Biyombo last year you would have know not to fade him.

• heyarnold1212

Ed Davis actually has one of the best FP/M in his short career. Minutes have always been his issue. Byron never used him correctly and he saw some opp in Portland last year.

• travop

Wade is too cheap not to play if he gets the minutes

• TommyWantWingy33

Thinking rondo for my cash team anyone else like rondo tonight? Ish and hill just don’t feel safe enough for cash in my opinion. Not feeling IT2 unless we hear they are getting 20+.

• barko15

@TommyWantWingy33 said...

Thinking rondo for my cash team anyone else like rondo tonight? Ish and hill just don’t feel safe enough for cash in my opinion. Not feeling IT2 unless we hear they are getting 20+.

I think rondo is playable now. If butler or wade sits, he becomes a must play in cash. I like kemba more for cash if all 3 bulls play.

• terrypercs

@travop said...

You say Tim sucks but you played Ed Davis lol its preseason you just gotta understand game theory. In the regular seasons i wouldn’t dare touch Tim. Gordon won’t produce like he did last year with Serge Ibaka now on the team. Sefelosha is a good player when given the minutes. And if you watched Biyombo last year you would have know not to fade him.

you’re bugging. Ed Davis is a better actual player and fantasy option. And additionally it wasnt like I set out that night wanting to play Davis, just how it played out ; originally had Gallo and a few others in there but the news forced me to change.

• terrypercs

and what does last years regular season have anything to do with biyombo? I felt there was a better option in one of the twin towers but then I pivoted. Its not even like Biyombo is even killing this preseason.

• terrypercs

tonight I’m just not going to overthink it

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).