7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 3.5 ) at Indiana ( -3.5 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 5.5 ) at Boston ( -5.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3 ) at Memphis ( -3 ) —- T: 204.5
    8:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Dallas ( -6 ) —- T: 197.5
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2 ) at Utah ( -2 ) —- T: 206
    9:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 2 ) at San Antonio ( -2 ) —- T: 205.5
    10:00 PM EST : Houston ( -8 ) at Sacramento ( 8 ) —- T: 218.5
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -1.5 ) at Phoenix ( 1.5 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

Had a lot of great plays like Capela, Whiteside etc. but had too much Rodney Hood. Still had a decent night.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Collison only played 30 minutes and Young 33 and neither were in foul trouble. Pretty sure this was about the matchup.

So….you can go on thinking the Pacers are really good…..OR….next time the Nets are on the slate you can play the opposing PG, SG, PF or C against them (provided the prices are reasonable as they were tonight) and make all da monies 😁

oh I dont think the Pacers are good, not at all. I just think they could care less about playing defense hence how the Nets scored 131 and believe they can just outscore whomever they play. Ill be loading up on teams vs both the Nets and Pacers all year, but will also be playing guys on both of those teams as well.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@Kamais_Ookin said...

So what did we learn today besides Nets defense sucks and Suns being an abysmal team? I believe someone also said to use Centers vs Philly.

add Dennis Schroder took 26 shots vs one of the slowest paced teams in the NBA in 34 minutes and Pacers D sucks too

• KindGuy

Learned a lot these first couple of nights. Going to wait till after Thursday night games to ramp up my play. Once trends start to emerge, I am going to POUNCE.

Mark my words, guys. This NBA regular season, I WILL win one GPP, at the LEAST. I know I said it last season but last year truly was a learning experience for me.

Going to go HAM this season. It’s why I deleted my tracking info. No more distractions like worrying about rankings. Gotta stay FOCUSED.

• ASalvaro

@dbullsfan said...

add Dennis Schroder took 26 shots vs one of the slowest paced teams in the NBA in 34 minutes and Pacers D sucks too

good one

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Good question. It just became my stick and I continue to try to play them even when I know that there is no longer an edge. It’s like when you are so used to something, you dont want to try something different. I don’t like playing in those small 10-man leagues or whatever. And I don’t like to play H2H that much either because I don’t know who I’m up against. Lol. So cash games feels “safe” when it isn’t that much anymore.

It is hard to get excited about cash games, unless they are for big money. I mean, when you enter a three dollar cash game, the most you can win is like 6 bucks. You can win thousands in a GPP. All you have to do is place in the top 5 once or twice during a season in a GPP, and you will never play those cash games again.

• Njsum1

@dbullsfan said...

oh I dont think the Pacers are good, not at all. I just think they could care less about playing defense hence how the Nets scored 131 and believe they can just outscore whomever they play. Ill be loading up on teams vs both the Nets and Pacers all year, but will also be playing guys on both of those teams as well.

Exactly, play them against pace up teams that don’t play def and also aren’t very good, and play against them whenever the prices are reasonable. There should be plenty of fantasy goodness with those teams.

the Nets minutes can be tough to figure out…deangelo might be the only player whose minutes you can trust.

• tmarohl

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

Had a lot of great plays like Capela, Whiteside etc. but had too much Rodney Hood. Still had a decent night.

Don’t ever play Rodney Hood. He is just a bad, bad, basketball player. That is one of the ten commandments of DFS. Other guys that are unplayable include Aaron Afflalo and Kent Bazemore.

• ASalvaro

plenty of value with the bulls tommorow..i mean somebody has to score for them

• tmarohl

@ASalvaro said...

plenty of value with the bulls tommorow..i mean somebody has to score for them

Why, no one scored for Phoenix tonight! Bulls prices have all went up significantly since preseason slates.

• hunterspencerksu

@tmarohl said...

It is hard to get excited about cash games, unless they are for big money. I mean, when you enter a three dollar cash game, the most you can win is like 6 bucks. You can win thousands in a GPP. All you have to do is place in the top 5 once or twice during a season in a GPP, and you will never play those cash games again.

Wish i could say the same. But, i can’t seem to ever do good in tournaments. I guess i try to be too cute with my lineups.

• tmarohl

@hunterspencerksu said...

Wish i could say the same. But, i can’t seem to ever do good in tournaments. I guess i try to be too cute with my lineups.

You play 150 nights in a row, which is about the length of an NBA season, you are bound to get lucky once or twice an have a high finish. Don’t get cute with the ownership percentages. Just play the guys who you think are going to be the best values. People get too caught up in trying to find low owned guys. Players who are punting all the time never win. It’s just getting the right combinations. Low ownership helps, but there is a reason that chalk is chalk. That reason is they are usually the best plays.

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

My response is basically what hunterspencerksu said. I get cute or play some low owned player who instead of helping me shoot up the leaderboard, shoots me down and sends me to sleep for the night. That’s why I continue to stick with cash games as the main job and GPPs is whatever I can get. My goal is to win a fricken GPP though of course.

• tyleh

DAM hit 1.7k but if i had any other guard besides kyrie. 30k T_T

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

You play 150 nights in a row, which is about the length of an NBA season, you are bound to get lucky once or twice an have a high finish. Don’t get cute with the ownership percentages. Just play the guys who you think are going to be the best values. People get too caught up in trying to find low owned guys. Players who are punting all the time never win. It’s just getting the right combinations. Low ownership helps, but there is a reason that chalk is chalk. That reason is they are usually the best plays.

this was one of the toughest lessons i am learning, especially on big slates good plays can be low owned. in the DK $4 gpp Collison, Capella, Young, Schroder, Vucevic, and Covington were all 10% or lower and scored over 40 DK points but none were what i would consider dart throws.

• tmarohl

@dbullsfan said...

this was one of the toughest lessons i am learning, especially on big slates good plays can be low owned. in the DK $4 gpp Collison, Capella, Young, Schroder, Vucevic, and Covington were all 10% or lower and scored over 40 DK points but none were what i would consider dart throws.

Exactly, there were tons of solid plays tonight that were not darts and had low ownership. I ran about 15 lineups on FD, I had several guys who scored very high with low ownership, but none of them were punts. Unfortunately I didn’t pair them in the same lineups. Collison 45.1 points at $4900 at 4.1%. Evan Turner 25.3 at 3.5%, Stephenson, 26.7 at $3,300 at 5.4%, Hield 32 points at $3600 and 2.7%, the list goes on an on. Big slates like this you can always find value guys. These are the kind of pivots you want to make on nights like tonight when everyone is focused on the obvious values, like the celtics, Jeremy Lamb, etc.

• damionismyname

@tmarohl said...

Why, no one scored for Phoenix tonight! Bulls prices have all went up significantly since preseason slates.

since Portis knocked out Miro..

• RogueGrinder

@dbullsfan said...

Not just that they were low owned, they were in great spots.

• queensfinest

which two should i play tomorrow between jerian grant, brandon ingram, and lou williams? also which one out of kanter and marrkanen? kanter revenge game vs okc but marrkanen should get plenty of minutes

• Brian7479

Maybe an interesting thought. Bulls vs Raptors. The Lopez Ibaka fight last year. Hmmmm

• nita0311

https://www.fanduel.com/games/21290/contests/21290-212241686/entries/1292158972/scoring

Yup, I woke up to my SECOND WFFC fan championship ticket this morning. NBA is def among us! Day two was awesome.

• mark83vt

Point totals were ridiculous last night on FD. Not sure if it was the new scoring or the obvious bargains, but 345 points meant no money for me.

Who are the obvious bargains tonight?

• jecarl2

@mark83vt said...

Point totals were ridiculous last night on FD. Not sure if it was the new scoring or the obvious bargains, but 345 points meant no money for me.

Wow, 269 was cash line on Dk last night in 50/50. Slightly higher than usual but not crazy. Jalen Brown/Tatum were 80% & 70%.

• txdave41

Every lineup scored well over 300, every player exceeded value and NOTHING cashed. Why is everyone winning but me? I don’t get this. Pulling my hair since I have not been able to cash a fucking dime in over a month. I even tried a H2H and the asshole beat me 380 to 316.

• JustDFSin

@mark83vt said...

Point totals are high on Fd because of the different scoring system and softer pricing. On Dk the cash line is about where it was last year and pricing is pretty tight. Not to many bargains from what I see. I would probably say Randle if he starts and gets full minutes and maybe Clarkson if he gets good minutes

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.