7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 3.5 ) at Indiana ( -3.5 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 5.5 ) at Boston ( -5.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3 ) at Memphis ( -3 ) —- T: 204.5
    8:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Dallas ( -6 ) —- T: 197.5
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 2 ) at Utah ( -2 ) —- T: 206
    9:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 2 ) at San Antonio ( -2 ) —- T: 205.5
    10:00 PM EST : Houston ( -8 ) at Sacramento ( 8 ) —- T: 218.5
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -1.5 ) at Phoenix ( 1.5 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• guertin83

360 points equalled roughly 0.0 dollars for me. Moving off Myles Turner to Rudy Gobert was my death leap.

• jwq14

I had 371 in one of the .25 entries and only won $1, first place had 419. $4 entry my highest was 352 and only won $6. I guess got to plan for 400+ tonight, maybe 500 smh

• Smallchimp

Over on DK the 1st place for the $500k Four Point Play was 368.75 with a winning lineup of D. Russel, V. Oladipo, T. Harris, T. Young, C. Capela, J. Brown, G. Antetokounmpos, M. Gortat and the money line was 277. I didn’t start following NBA DFS seriously until just now but that seems higher than the times I’ve played and it requires about a 7X value to win and a 5.5X value to place.

My best shot was 308 with M. Smart, J. Brown, J. Tatum, L. Aldridge, M. Gasol, E. Gordon, G. Antetokounmpos, D. Smith Jr. As I said earlier, I’m a newbie at NBA DFS and my biggest strategical advantage is following forums and Twitter accounts for recommended picks. I had a net loss for the night but the individual picks worked great and everyone reached decent value, it was just a matter of having everyone in the right lineup.

With this being said, when I get names for players worth looking at, how do I look at them? My strategy was maximizing exposure by making many lineups but the money I won was concentrated in a small percent of entries so I feel like trimming the fat will be my key to win.

• osuryanf

Highest was 327.5 on DK (20 lineups) but across my entries Gobert, Chriss, Ish all hurt me the most. Had a good chunk of Gobert, thought he was in a position to put up a 50-60 burger.. whoops

• Smallchimp

@osuryanf said...

Highest was 327.5 on DK (20 lineups) but across my entries Gobert, Chriss, Ish all hurt me the most. Had a good chunk of Gobert, thought he was in a position to put up a 50-60 burger.. whoops

Chriss was my biggest mistake outside of Ariza last night. I was around 40ish points from $40 so I was feeling good but they gave me a combined

• dbullsfan

@jriesel315 said...

Over on DK the 1st place for the $500k Four Point Play was 368.75 with a winning lineup of D. Russel, V. Oladipo, T. Harris, T. Young, C. Capela, J. Brown, G. Antetokounmpos, M. Gortat and the money line was 277. I didn’t start following NBA DFS seriously until just now but that seems higher than the times I’ve played and it requires about a 7X value to win and a 5.5X value to place.

My best shot was 308 with M. Smart, J. Brown, J. Tatum, L. Aldridge, M. Gasol, E. Gordon, G. Antetokounmpos, D. Smith Jr. As I said earlier, I’m a newbie at NBA DFS and my biggest strategical advantage is following forums and Twitter accounts for recommended picks. I had a net loss for the night but the individual picks worked great and everyone reached decent value, it was just a matter of having everyone in the right lineup.

With this being said, when I get names for players worth looking at, how do I look at them? My strategy was maximizing exposure by making many lineups but the money I won was concentrated in a small percent of entries so I feel like trimming the fat will be my key to win.

Im far from a dfs, especially NBA dfs expert but i generally try to pair up guys I like usually in games I think can be high scoring with guys that I think will have high usage. usually no more than 3 to a team unless injuries have really tightened up a rotation than maybe 4. My highest scoring lineup last night was 341.5 on DK with Wall, Covington, Brown, Tatum, Capela, Collison, Young, and Harden. I almost always will have a PG/Big man combo or two like Harden/Capela or last year Jrue/Davis waa good, Elfrid/Vuc etc… Normally just trying to pick a bunch of one offs makes it very difficult to nail every pick.

• kps3205s

Stacked D. Collison, V. Oladipo, T. Young and M. Turner with M. Gasol. Looked promising until T. Ariza, M. Chriss took the floor. J. Teague gave me 26.5 and missed the money in the $500k Four Point Play scoring 262.75. Everyone with the exception of Chriss(13.3%) was under 8.3% owned.

Time to try again.

• lloydjv1

And good luck with this ugly slate tonight.

• Vanco

Quick glance at my FD scores from last night showed 337, 328, 301, 329, 296, 317. Thought cool, at least min cashed all of them. Sit down to review and not a single cash. Rough night

• mavrik2190

There is no margin for error in NBA cash games anymore. You can’t make one mistake.

• mellofellowsu

@guertin83 said...

360 points equalled roughly 0.0 dollars for me. Moving off Myles Turner to Rudy Gobert was my death leap.

I was on Gobert. It was a good spot, Gobert had lit up the Nuggets before, and you figure he’d be in line for an uptick in production but it just didn’t happen. He’ll be ok but it killed whoever rostered him last night. Left minimum 20 fantasy points on the table right there.

• mavrik2190

Gobert hurt me too. You are not alone.

• Njsum1

@kps3205s said...

Stacked D. Collison, V. Oladipo, T. Young and M. Turner with M. Gasol. Looked promising until T. Ariza, M. Chriss took the floor. J. Teague gave me 26.5 and missed the money in the $500k Four Point Play scoring 262.75. Everyone with the exception of Chriss(13.3%) was under 8.3% owned.

Time to try again.

Collison, Vucevic, and Teague, and Harden were my 4 highest owned players last night aside from Brown and Tatum. Was really high on Teague and while he did ok, got a shade under 5x, I was expecting way more minutes under Thibs which is why I went heavy. 26 minutes was a total a shock, considering Thibs history for being extremely liberal with the starters minutes. Might be something to note moving forward or maybe it was just game specific.

• billholler

@jriesel315 said...

Over on DK the 1st place for the $500k Four Point Play was 368.75

Don’t know if it was mentioned, but the winning LU in the DK daily free contest had a score of 370.5 and won $100. He obviously didn’t enter that LU in any other contest. That is also the reason I never enter a LU in a free GPP or any cash game without entering it in another GPP.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@billholler said...

Don’t know if it was mentioned, but the winning LU in the DK daily free contest had a score of 370.5 and won $100. He obviously didn’t enter that LU in any other contest. That is also the reason I never enter a LU in a free GPP or any cash game without entering it in another GPP.

I agree with that. I don’t see the point of entering a line up in a free contest only, might as well double enter it into a regular contest. Call me crazy but I also use all of my GPP line ups in cash games as well. I use to make separate line ups for cash/gpp until I made a “cash game” line up that would have easily finished top 10 in a large GPP.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler