NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 11 ) at Philadelphia ( -11 ) —- T: 215
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 5 ) at Washington ( -5 ) —- T: 212
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 3.5 ) at Portland ( -3.5 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• osuryanf

If Blakeney can outscore Payne here this second half, then I will be very happy

• yellowdart24

@skankinmat said...

Road back to back…He rarely shows up on those nights.

Does he still get paid if he doesn’t show up? Hope not

• sox9

It’s a truly epic fall for Jabari—from one of the highest touted college players ever to a benchwarmer, and maybe a guy who does not make the team next year. He needed to play longer in college and for a coach like Beilein who actually develops players w/lesser talent and teaches a work ethic: Trey Burke, Caris LeVert, Tim Hardaway, etc.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@skankinmat said...

Road back to back…He rarely shows up on those nights.

That’s what we need…. just like we have all possible stats, we need a column in LineupHQ with notes.

- Rarely show up on b2b road games – Lazy on Wednesdays – Can’t shoot against red background – Play only on televised games – Can’t shoot if he ate pasta for lunch

And so on….

• jki7p6

Tonight might be my ceiling night for the season. Might come down to KCP or Aminu and no huge LBJ or Dame output.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

I don’t know why NBA is so tilting to me. I’d been playing every other sports chill.
    Probably because I seem to get every toss up comically wrong? Some decisions that have really cost me these first few nights…oh well…

Right? One of those nights…. where isn’t like your pick scores 30 and the guy you didn’t pick goes for 35. It has to be 5 vs 40… lol

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Let’s see how the second half goes…. but if it’s anything like the first I need to drastically change my 5 players from the last game… not going to make up ground with Dame and LBJ….

• S7ubs

So now all the good Bulls value are in foul trouble

• miggs6876

@osuryanf said...

If Blakeney can outscore Payne here this second half, then I will be very happy

I have both

• mtdurham

Parker was never even good when he was “good”… guy was a lousy defender….

the whole Wiggins/Parker hype was ludicrous . I remmeber first time I saw wiggins at Kansas i was looking forward to it because he was billed as this absolute monster…. i couldnt believe what i was seeing…. i have no idea how all the scouts thought SO highly of him… he had almost every bit the hype that ben simmons did … and ben simmons is an animal…. like i dont know how anyone got confused on that one… Ben Simmons FLOOR as a prospect was like where he is right now….his skillset is unbelievable other than the perimeter shooting…. which he doesnt even need that much because he doesn’t need a pick to get into the lane.

• osuryanf

Blowout city in Philly. Now we have to worry about players on both teams reaching value, ESPECIALLY Chicago guys…. Will we even see Portis and Lavine again?

• chronoxiong

@kbsktbll88 said...

Fultz is so bad lol why did I take him

You have yourself to blame. Wait and see if his new jumper can start making in shots. I’m fading him until then.

• mtdurham

@Unico10 said...

That’s what we need…. just like we have all possible stats, we need a column in LineupHQ with notes.

- Rarely show up on b2b road games – Lazy on Wednesdays – Can’t shoot against red background – Play only on televised games – Can’t shoot if he ate pasta for lunch

And so on….

I have poor insulin sensitiivity so i know exactly what you mean. Everytime i eat carbs i have to take a nap

• mtdurham

@S7ubs said...

So now all the good Bulls value are in foul trouble

THere is nothing worse than NBA coaches who bench guys over “foul trouble”…. whoever invented that strategy set basketball back about 50 years… it literally makes no sense…. it would only make sense to bench a guy in foul trouble if he’s gassed and prone to give up a silly foul.

ANd In that case you should probably bench him anyway if he’s too tired to play good defense.

Think about all the games lost over the years because a coach benched a guy with “foul troubel” who never even ended up picking up enough fouls to foul out.

Its illogical. I’m gonna take you out of the game in order to prevent you from maybe doing something that would force me to …. take you out of the game?

Wait, what?

• miggs6876

@chronoxiong said...

You have yourself to blame. Wait and see if his new jumper can start making in shots. I’m fading him until then.

I know its early but im not sure if he can make it in the NBA. He looks to be done.

• damionismyname

Simmons is going to play 40 minutes a game this year?

• mtdurham

@Unico10 said...

Right? One of those nights…. where isn’t like your pick scores 30 and the guy you didn’t pick goes for 35. It has to be 5 vs 40… lol

yeah the thing i notice about NBA is like ill see a guy with pretty consistent 25-40… and be like hmm he’s $6500 let me give it a stab… 18.75…. wtf

It seems to happen crazy often… everytime i play Giannis he gets like 38

• yellowdart24

@damionismyname said...

Why not he’s young and he can take it

• mtdurham

Cmon Champagne for my CamPayne Go on do the damn thing. Right now he’s Denver the last Dinosaur he’s a Chalkasaurus Rex and he’s killing me carnivorously.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@mtdurham said...

THere is nothing worse than NBA coaches who bench guys over “foul trouble”…. whoever invented that strategy set basketball back about 50 years… it literally makes no sense…. it would only make sense to bench a guy in foul trouble if he’s gassed and prone to give up a silly foul.

ANd In that case you should probably bench him anyway if he’s too tired to play good defense.

Think about all the games lost over the years because a coach benched a guy with “foul troubel” who never even ended up picking up enough fouls to foul out.

Its illogical. I’m gonna take you out of the game in order to prevent you from maybe doing something that would force me to …. take you out of the game?

Wait, what?

I think it’s more of a mental thing. A guy with 2 fouls in the first quarter or has their 4th in the 3rd becomes a liability defensively. Not wanting to pick up that extra foul will cause you to be less aggressive. On both ends really. If they’re one of your better players, your opponent will attack him trying to get him even deeper into foul trouble and so on. Plenty of reasons to pull a player in “foul trouble.”

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@mtdurham said...

It seems to happen crazy often… everytime i play Giannis he gets like 38

Ah, Bias. That’s why you think OG is better player. Now we know.

• fresh56

@damionismyname said...

no, chandler and Muscala are out

• railroad82

Sorry if this has already been answered or if it is somewhere else but am I missing something on FD new format where they drop the lowest score? Why would you not be better off to just take a $3500 player who’s not playing and take a 0 and pay up elsewhere? You could have a guy score 30 points and get that score dropped and that guy cost you $7,500? Either way you don’t get those points so where is the benefit?
    Thanks to anyone who can make this make sense for me

• jessedio

@railroad82 said...

Sorry if this has already been answered or if it is somewhere else but am I missing something on FD new format where they drop the lowest score? Why would you not be better off to just take a $3500 player who’s not playing and take a 0 and pay up elsewhere? You could have a guy score 30 points and get that score dropped and that guy cost you $7,500? Either way you don’t get those points so where is the benefit?
    Thanks to anyone who can make this make sense for me

Right now that makes sense because for the most part everyone is healthy. But as the season goes on there will be multiple questionable players, late scratches, in game injuries etc etc…so there will be other scenarios where you might not want to take a guaranteed zero even though your lowest score is dropped in the end.

• thedkexperience

Embiid done with 58 on FD

Edit: probably won’t see Simmons any more either.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).