• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00pm Washington at Cleveland
    7:30pm Orlando at Miami
    7:30pm New Orleans at Atlanta
    8:00pm Denver at Oklahoma City
    10:00pm LA Clippers at Sacramento

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Ender

Aaaaaaaarg… Why change the late swap rule for THE ONE sport that needs it most?

• S7ubs

Cmon Jamal and buddy! I avoided all late scratches phew

• S7ubs

@Ender said...

Aaaaaaaarg… Why change the late swap rule for THE ONE sport that needs it most?

To make it more interesting! I play NBA mostly on FD and never had an issue in the regular season in previous years.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

It isn’t more interesting.

• osuryanf

@tonytone1908 said...

Or maybe it has to do with the slate being active before anyone knew he would play.

Well that’s simply not true. Cavs have said for several days now (if not a week+) that LeBron would play in Columbus against the Wizards… Not sure where you’re getting your NBA news, but I’d look elsewhere.

• weazel17

Too bad there isn’t a soft player scratch- if a player leaves for a ridiculous NBA injury, you get to draft a reserve guy at half salary to take his place. I’m half kidding

• dolphinkick182

Now all I need is for Griffin and Willy Cum-Stain to be out and all of my line-ups will be tanked and I can go to bed

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@weazel17 said...

Too bad there isn’t a soft player scratch- if a player leaves for a ridiculous NBA injury, you get to draft a reserve guy at half salary to take his place. I’m half kidding

But that would require you…to…you know, be actually, like, paying attention to stuff after the first game starts.

And we can’t have that. We can’t have that.

• osuryanf

Got a couple lineups off to a good start, but I’m heavily involved in the late game so if Paul or Griffin sits, I’m screwed

• piranha

Unrelated to todays games but they have ABC listed as PG on DK for tomorrows slate.

• cullyp81

RG Overall Ranking

Yea. Definitely headed back to FD. I always felt it was easier to build a winning lineup without the flex position, but the late swap outweighed that, so I went to DK. Now it’s time to go back.

And what bothers me the most, this is exactly what’s wrong with America today. “I don’t wanna put in the necessary time/effort to be successful. I’m going to bitch and complain until the powers at be make it to where hard work isn’t required.”

I took a firm stance on the whole DFS being more skill than luck. But when late swap isn’t allowed, it turns into nothing but a gamble. Say what you want, but having to play somebody 3+ hours before basketball lineups are released is a gamble….

Sorry for the rant. Getting fucked on the first night of no late swap just pisses me off.

• Bay101

Affalo and Irving in all my lineups. See you guys Tuesday for the real fun

• weazel17

Just announced the big 3 are starting for clips. You’re good, I’m not thanks to Kyrie. I always fade this bastard and he can’t miss all those times. just that dude for me, no bruno

• osuryanf

Well I gotta give credit to Jamal Murray, he came out guns blazing trying to do his best Kobe impression… problem is, not a single one of them went in lol

• weazel17

No late swap is so pro shark. People don’t know what they’re complaining about.

And my goalie isn’t starting on my heaviest NHL night ever. Kyrie and Dubnyk, never again, even when the play is rational

• dolphinkick182

so much for the twin towers lol Kanter/Adams are killing them.

• Tammy409

Just got on here… Appears my Barnes, Afflalo (100% of my Lineups), and Chandler picks were not wise. They’re definitely all on my Lineup currently in late slate 48th place… See Ya.

• dolphinkick182

Galinari…sittin on the bench with 8 fps

• dolphinkick182

8 more than I got from him the last 2 times I played him tho I guess

• tonytone1908

@weazel17 said...

No late swap is so pro shark. People don’t know what they’re complaining about.

And my goalie isn’t starting on my heaviest NHL night ever. Kyrie and Dubnyk, never again, even when the play is rational

Was Dubnyk a late scratch? Starting goalie news is usually available well beforehand.

• osuryanf

That is ATLEAST the 3rd technical I’ve seen Westbrook get this preseason lol..

• KindGuy

Lol you guys make me laugh.

You’re complaining about late swap even though you knew in advance it was slated to take effect TONIGHT. Did you guys have a gun to your head? Or do you guys just not have self control? Or you thought you could avoid potential land mines tonight? Haha.

• mblaylock10

LMAO. This is what’s wrong with America? Really, get a grip. This is partly why they’ve made the change. A lot of people don’t want to be monitoring their phones at night and rushing to make changes on a whim. The rule itself has evened out the playing field IMO. I live on the west coast and am so happy they’ve made this change because it will now free up my evenings during NBA to relax, enjoy the games, spend time with my kids, and not have to monitor my phone.. I’ve lost a lot of money in the past because I was not able to adjust my lineups based on a last minute scratch. This is not what is wrong with America. A lot of people have things to do

• tonytone1908

@elementasrat said...

You’re complaining about late swap even though you knew in advance it was slated to take effect TONIGHT. Did you guys have a gun to your head? Or do you guys just not have self control? Or you thought you could avoid potential land mines tonight? Haha.

This right here. Nobody forced anyone to put 50 lineups with Afflallo. I knew the risks tonight so I only played one lineup and guess what? It’s still going to bomb because of Kyrie. BFD.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@elementasrat said...

That isn’t my grievance. I’ve dodged all the landmines and I’m still displeased.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.