• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00pm Washington at Cleveland
    7:30pm Orlando at Miami
    7:30pm New Orleans at Atlanta
    8:00pm Denver at Oklahoma City
    10:00pm LA Clippers at Sacramento

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• mblaylock10

Besides, this is preseason. It won’t be this -E random when the season starts. You won’t see these random late scratches nearly as often. Obviously.

• elmore0631

Vucevic. Sure didn’t want to play him because he never plays well for me but his situation looked too good— you got me Nikola,

• KindGuy

@Epignosis said...

That isn’t my grievance. I’ve dodged all the landmines and I’m still displeased.

Well you’re an exception to the rule tonight. Lol.

• cullyp81

RG Overall Ranking

@mblaylock10 said...

LMAO. This is what’s wrong with America? Really, get a grip. This is partly why they’ve made the change. A lot of people don’t want to be monitoring their phones at night and rushing to make changes on a whim. The rule itself has evened out the playing field IMO. I live on the west coast and am so happy they’ve made this change because it will now free up my evenings during NBA to relax, enjoy the games, spend time with my kids, and not have to monitor my phone.. I’ve lost a lot of money in the past because I was not able to adjust my lineups based on a last minute scratch. This is not what is wrong with America. A lot of people have things to do

This in no way evens the playing field. It gives a HUGE advantage to multi-entry players….AKA big bankrolls.

• Tammy409

Actually, this may not be all that bad. I am giving myself a fighting chance to cash in the late slate with 2 scratches… In the money now and have Boogie and …. (all that needs to be said ;’).

• portis21

To anybody watching the Orl game, what are the chances Fournier and Jeff Green get some more run?

• tsteeves

@mblaylock10 said...

A lot of people don’t want to be monitoring their phones at night and rushing to make changes on a whim.

And those people were free to stop monitoring their phones at anytime. Nobody was holding a gun to their head forcing them to stay plugged in for the whole evening.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@portis21 said...

To anybody watching the Orl game, what are the chances Fournier and Jeff Green get some more run?

I stopped watching about five minutes ago. Orlando has (another) long, ugly road ahead of them.

• osuryanf

Buddy Hield is about to have OVER 30 minutes in just the first 3 quarters.. Coach is giving him some crazy run tonight

• portis21

Holy shit, there’s a dude in the fanduel 25$ GPP with 15 entries sitting at #29. If he were to win it I’m afraid he might take literally all the money in the pool lol

• Tammy409

@tonytone1908 said...

This right here. Nobody forced anyone to put 50 lineups with Afflallo. I knew the risks tonight so I only played one lineup and guess what? It’s still going to bomb because of Kyrie. BFD.

And Right Here… I could care less how many times I lose or what one guy does. If it works, it works well, and if not? There’s always tomorrow. No interest in just getting my money back or min cash. Death or Glory… My Max $3 Entries have 4 ’0’s in them, but they were all mine.

• saltwater39

Once the season gets into swing, you’re going to see a lot of split slates like they’ve done on FD with MLB and now NFL. The main slates may be slightly less in prize pools than last year but the split slates will grow in prize pools. You’ll have the same chance at a big pot and you’ll more than likely have all the news you’ll need to fill a roster without worrying about a scratch. It has been of little issue on FD over the years, yes you will get burned once or twice but you’ll also benefit from it as well. The sites get to promote fair play, they get to make extra rake on the two or three slates you’ll now play instead of one, and those in legislative power will see players are not being taken advantage of with known ownership percentages. Not one of you will move your money from DK, get real.

• mblaylock10

@cullyp81 said...

This in no way evens the playing field. It gives a HUGE advantage to multi-entry players….AKA big bankrolls.

I don’t agree. I think it actually helps the retention of new players that don’t have time, the resources, or the knowledge to comprehend the concept of following NBA twitter breaking news or late swap. Then end up losing money quickly and quit because they’re at an unfair advantage. To the NBA die hard and DFS die hard this also help because we should at least be more prepared to forsee a late scratch based on a questionable tag, who they’re playing, the schedule, and so on. I think this totally levels out the playing field. We’re all in the same boat now. Just riding our lineups together.

• osuryanf

Ight y’all, there’s a thread concerning the late swap change. Can we discuss tonight’s games here and move the late swap talk to that thread?

• tonytone1908

Late swap will not be such an issue when the regular season starts. Most of us have been doing this long enough and do plenty of research and twitter following. It’s not hard to educated guess whether someone that’s questionable is going to play or not. If you’re that worried about a stud then play the backup that would normally reach value and will suddenly have tremendous upside with lower ownership if late news breaks and the stud is out.

Point being, you just have to adapt. It’s not that hard with a little effort. I’ll think you’ll be happy with the results in the long run.

Figure out how to make no late swap work in your favor. That’s it.

• ssmfour

RWB done?

• osuryanf

Looks like RWB isn’t going to play any in the second half.

• Yombo

james johnson tweak of the foot, oh what could’ve been

• traviswhite

All I got left to Hope for is the late game stack lineup.

• walkoff9

Just when you think your in good shape. Westbrook doesnt come out for the 2nd half.

• ssmfour

I honestly don’t know if I’d roster Oladipo until his salary is below 6K at this point. He’s really looked bad

• mblaylock10

@tsteeves said...

And those people were free to stop monitoring their phones at anytime. Nobody was holding a gun to their head forcing them to stay plugged in for the whole evening.

You’re right nobody is holding a gun to their head. However, wouldn’t you like the industry to continue to grow and not alienate, those that want to have a life outside of DFS after 4PM PST. This should be enjoyable, not frantic and totally time consuming.

• saltwater39

Good point OSU, caught up in it…

• Rosterbate

@walkoff9 said...

Just when you think your in good shape. Westbrook doesnt come out for the 2nd half.

This.. I’m 61st in the big 4-point play on DK, thought I might have a shot but without RWB now I’m pretty much done.

• traviswhite

Done with preseason. Too crazy. Let the season begin already

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.