NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 12.5 ) at Toronto ( -12.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 12 ) at Okla City ( -12 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -5 ) at LA Lakers ( 5 ) —- T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jwq14

“Could” A lot of things “could” happen. Im playing him regardless, I don’t think he will get that many limited minutes and he will always produce enough I think. In the heat of the game and game flow im sure doc will leave him in if he says he is fine and good to continue playing.

• iron_tactics

“We discuss that every day,” Anthony said. “Me, Russell, PG — we talk every day about not having to carry a team on a night-to-night basis.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/sports/carmelo-anthony-thunder-knicks.html
    Also from Melo saying he has no grudge towards his team (I don’t think he does towards his teammates at all, but can’t say there isn’t a little bit of him that wants Jackson to know that he fucked up)

• sholden

Back to Back awesome nights of NBA profit.

You guys kill me sometimes..“Yes, let’s fade the player who is sitting at $11K who was once $14K last year”

• Vanco

Luke Walton thinks Lonzo is in good enough shape to play about 25 minutes. No specific minutes limit on him, but they’ll base it on feel.
    @taniaganguli

• Vanco

Kyle Kuzma will play some at SF and some PF for the Lakers tonight, Walton said. Didn’t know how many minutes Kuzma would total.
    @Mike_Bresnahan

• thedkexperience

@Vanco said...

Luke Walton thinks Lonzo is in good enough shape to play about 25 minutes. No specific minutes limit on him, but they’ll base it on feel.
    @taniaganguli

At 78% ownership getting 2.7x.

Please let this happen.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@sholden said...

Back to Back awesome nights of NBA profit.

You guys kill me sometimes..“Yes, let’s fade the player who is sitting at $11K who was once $14K last year”

You can’t ignore the fact that Russ didn’t have PG and Melo last season either. Also taking into consideration he was only the second player EVER to average a triple double, I think it’s safe to say that won’t happen again this season. Regardless of the name attached to said player there is ALWAYS merit to fading a guy who is not only the highest priced player on the slate but also the highest owned. There were plenty of nights last year Russ went ham and I was able to make money fading him. It’s all about choosing your spots. 11k salary, not a lot of decent options on the slate in terms of value, possible blow out and two team mates who easily carry the scoring load. I’d much rather build around Blake who is a lock for 50 points imo.

• wangtaoalex

Thoughts on Austin Rivers tonight? Father always play his son?

• jbtgiants1697

Thank you to whomever posted that article about Beverly, might’ve saved me there.

• jbtgiants1697

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

You can’t ignore the fact that Russ didn’t have PG and Melo last season either. Also taking into consideration he was only the second player EVER to average a triple double, I think it’s safe to say that won’t happen again this season. Regardless of the name attached to said player there is ALWAYS merit to fading a guy who is not only the highest priced player on the slate but also the highest owned. There were plenty of nights last year Russ went ham and I was able to make money fading him. It’s all about choosing your spots. 11k salary, not a lot of decent options on the slate in terms of value, possible blow out and two team mates who easily carry the scoring load. I’d much rather build around Blake who is a lock for 50 points imo.

With you on that, Griffin the way to go tonight

• jbtgiants1697

SUPER fade on Lonzo now with the minutes limit to 25

• iron_tactics

@jbtgiants1697 said...

Thank you to whomever posted that article about Beverly, might’ve saved me there.

You’re welcome
    But don’t completely write him off yet. At 3 points for Blocks/Steals on FD (not sure about DK), he can hit his value pretty quick and is still very much in play. Other than a possible minutes restriction the only other reason I wouldn’t play him is possible foul trouble (averages 3.3 PFs a game) or if he doesn’t fit the build/prefer a different PG

• futoo

thanks for all the good info guys. Carmelo said Phil wanted to trade him for a bag of chips i think he will be motivated

• billholler

There were plenty of nights last year Russ went ham and I was able to make money fading him. It’s all about choosing your spots.

And I guarantee you that wasn’t a 3 game slate.

• jtkucheck

Haven’t heard a mumblin’ word about Doug McDermott… isn’t he starting for the Knicks?

• jbtgiants1697

@irontactics I still like Beverly tonight but Grant is projected with minutes in the 30’s and his team will need him to provide a lot of scoring. What do you guys think?

• billholler

DeRozan or Lowry will be in the winning DK GPPs. Which one?

• jbtgiants1697

Lowry if I had to pick

• Whacko

@billholler said...

DeRozan or Lowry will be in the winning DK GPPs. Which one?

Ummmm probably the one I don’t pick…LOL

• ryanbush22

Beasley 6-7x tonight.. thoughts?

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@billholler said...

And I guarantee you that wasn’t a 3 game slate.

Cherry pick from the facts as you may but the fact remains that Russ’ situation isn’t ideal tonight. High ownership, highest salary, not a lot of value options to offset, and an almost guaranteed drop in production given the fact that Melo and PG are solid rebounders and ISO players which will take away from Russ’ numbers all around. Then on the other hand you have Blake who is way cheaper and will get an increase in production, in what should be the most competitive game on the slate between the Clips and Lakers. This is a new season, I’m not worried about what Russ did last year. Tonight only Blake Griffin is a better play and will allow you to build a more reasonable team around him.

• sholden

I don’t think it is going to happen again this year either, but it is Russell Westbrook. His floor is 40 (4x) in this matchup, with a ceiling of probably 100 (because he’s hit this before). It is a three game slate. If it is a blowout, who do you think is going to be the main reason for that cause?

Blake Griffin 50+ games last year: 16
    Russell Westbrook 50+ games last year: 74
    Russell Westbrook 80+ games last year: 16

You’re also missing the fact that Russ has already played with someone better than both of them (Kevin Durant).

Russ season average with KD: 54.3 DK, 66.4 DK

Have fun with that

• cullyp81

RG Overall Ranking

If there’s one player in this league that’s thrives on the revenge drama, it’s Westbrook. Him and Melo are probably grabbing a late lunch right now, deciding how many points Melo wants to drop on his old organization. Westbrook will make sure ‘Melo gets his chances. As long as they got the lead, WB will probably let this game be in Carmelo’s hands.

Melo easily outpaces WB from a pt/$ standpoint, and wouldn’t be surprising if he’s within 5-10 fantasy points of the Beast.

• Whacko

@ryanbush22 said...

Beasley 6-7x tonight.. thoughts?

Crack…..you be smokin it….

On DK he is 3.9k if you are expecting 24+ from him. I don’t think he will get anywhere close to 20 mins. However I am wrong many many times…

• billholler

@jbtgiants1697 said...

Lowry if I had to pick

Lowry should be extremely low owned on DK since he is sammiched in price between RWB and Ball and they are all only PG eligible.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).