NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 12.5 ) at Toronto ( -12.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 12 ) at Okla City ( -12 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -5 ) at LA Lakers ( 5 ) —- T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jokerdpo

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

No Dougie McBuckets is the Knicks 6th man

http://nypost.com/2017/10/18/enes-kanter-will-have-a-lot-on-his-mind-in-emotional-knicks-debut/

• cjrswish

Lou Will revenge game anyone? Love him tonight

• iron_tactics

@cjrswish said...

After like……..a year? Nah
    No revenge narrative, only that sometimes Lou goes off and Lakers defense is

• cjrswish

@iron_tactics said...

After like……..a year? Nah
    No revenge narrative, only that sometimes Lou goes off and Lakers defense is

? Lou was on the Lakers last year bro

• Dfspacman

Bogut for 30 Australian Burger

• jtkucheck

@jokerdpo said...

No Dougie McBuckets is the Knicks 6th man

http://nypost.com/2017/10/18/enes-kanter-will-have-a-lot-on-his-mind-in-emotional-knicks-debut/

Got it, thx.

Would that mean he gets the blowout run along with like Kuzminskas and Ron Baker? Seems like there ought to be plenty of that tonight…

• sholden

@cjrswish said...

I loveeeee me some Lou Will tonight. I think he’s gonna fit perfect with this team.

Note: I’m very biased.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@sholden said...

I don’t think it is going to happen again this year either, but it is Russell Westbrook. His floor is 40 (4x) in this matchup, with a ceiling of probably 100 (because he’s hit this before). It is a three game slate. If it is a blowout, who do you think is going to be the main reason for that cause?

Blake Griffin 50+ games last year: 16
    Russell Westbrook 50+ games last year: 74
    Russell Westbrook 80+ games last year: 16

You’re also missing the fact that Russ has already played with someone better than both of them (Kevin Durant).

Russ season average with KD: 54.3 DK, 66.4 DK

Have fun with that

If Russ scores more than 60 points (I’m betting on 45-50) in his first game with PG and Melo, in a game that’s destined to be a blowout I can live with that. My personal strategy is took look at the top guy on the board and find a guy lower priced who can get the same or close to the points THAT NIGHT. This is daily fantasy not season long. I don’t care if Russ scores 100 points a night every night for the rest of his life. As long as that night isn’t TONIGHT. LOL.

• iron_tactics

@cjrswish said...

? Lou was on the Lakers last year bro

Yeah for……….a year
    Well I guess 2 with the Houston stint then back to the Lakers, I just don’t see revenge on his mind.

• cjrswish

Porzingod should see a HUGE bump in usage with no Melo, right? Getting him at last seasons price is a steal on this slate.

• KindGuy

@cjrswish said...

Porzingod should see a HUGE bump in usage with no Melo, right? Getting him at last seasons price is a steal on this slate.

I’m a Knicks fan. Porzingis is ass and overrated and yet our fan base wants to build the team around him because he’s apparently the next GOAT.

I think I rostered him once or twice all of last season. Trash.

• sholden

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

If Russ scores more than 60 points (I’m betting on 45-50) in his first game with PG and Melo, in a game that’s destined to be a blowout I can live with that. My personal strategy is took look at the top guy on the board and find a guy lower priced who can get the same or close to the points THAT NIGHT. This is daily fantasy not season long. I don’t care if Russ scores 100 points a night every night for the rest of his life. As long as that night isn’t TONIGHT. LOL.

We look at season long stats to help us predict daily statistics. Ignoring a year’s worth of statisitics..well I can’t get behind that. There will be nights to fade Russ, but do you really want to do that on a three game slate against the Knicks? I don’t think with a few guys (i.e. Harden, Russ) you can find a guy lower priced that can match them on most nights. Russ against the Bucks with ABC defense? Sure, I can merit a fade. But on a three game slate against the Knicks, that seems simply moronic to me.

• sholden

@cjrswish said...

I don’t think his usage bump will be as high as you think tbh. There are a few other players for NYK that get a bigger immediate bump.

• gillio

Thoughts on Courtney Lee?

• natey56

@queensfinest said...

pick 2 of 3 out of lou williams, jerian grant and brandon ingram

Williams should most definitely be in lineups, the other two are a toss up

• Ndepompei

@billholler said...

DeRozan or Lowry will be in the winning DK GPPs. Which one?

neither…valanciunas

• rocketman828

Anyone using Andre Roberson has a value play he can fill up the stat sheet and even in a blowout I’m sure his minutes are secure and also on the other side anyone looking at Ramon Sessions as a value play should be around 30 minutes as the starter for the Knicks

• sholden

@rocketman828 said...

Anyone using Andre Roberson has a value play he can fill up the stat sheet and even in a blowout I’m sure his minutes are secure and also on the other side anyone looking at Ramon Sessions as a value play should be around 30 minutes as the starter for the Knicks

Andre Roberson is a playoff only special for me.

• iron_tactics

@sholden said...

We look at season long stats to help us predict daily statistics. Ignoring a year’s worth of statisitics..well I can’t get behind that. There will be nights to fade Russ, but do you really want to do that on a three game slate against the Knicks? I don’t think with a few guys (i.e. Harden, Russ) you can find a guy lower priced that can match them on most nights. Russ against the Bucks with ABC defense? Sure, I can merit a fade. But on a three game slate against the Knicks, that seems simply moronic to me.

It’s a GPP, whatever crazy or safe strat you want to use is on you, not my money, it’s yours. Every time lock hits for, since these forums have been around, most the players that were sure things are suddenly not, or the easy fades are getting 10x, or some player no one even considered is ballin out. I’d say Westbrook is safe for at least 40, you fade it or play it, it’s not dumb either way you go.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@sholden said...

How can anything be moronic in a GPP? This isn’t cash where you need to narrowly beat out the field, you are looking for ways to jump over the field and playing Russ limits those options available. You can fade Russ and win a gpp/min cash you can also play Russ and not cash at all which is a more likely outcome imo because it leaves you reaching deep into the bottom of the barrel for options to balance out his salary.

• larin1477

• Blogger of the Month

Fyi, Ganderson has been taken care of (cement shoes style!)

• TNYooper

So with Lonzo having a minutes limit and Caldwell-Pope having already been ruled out, Jordan Clarkson ($4,300 DK) should provide solid value. He doesn’t have to worry about competing for time with what seemed like 87 different guards last season. Should basically be Ball-Ingram-Clarkson.

What to do with Knicks (assuming you’d even play any of them)? They’re like Phoenix in that’s it’s hard to predict what they’ll do with their frontcourt. They’ve got like 8-9 different players who could share minutes between the 3-5. Lee/Hardaway (whoever doesn’t play the 2), and Porzingis at the 4, maybe some at the 5. Then you got Beasley, McDermott, Kuzminaskas, Thomas, Kanter, Hernangomez, and O’Quinn competing for time throughout the second & third units. I’ve seen a lot of these names mentioned but just be wary that this is a team with a coach that difficult to predict his minutes management.

• wcsd832

Are Decker or Brewer expected to get any time tonight or only in blowouts?

• MikedUpDFS

I really like Ibaka vs a rookie.

• thedkexperience

I just set my FD lineup.

I think I have the whole Thunder roster except PG13 and Melo.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).