NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 12.5 ) at Toronto ( -12.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 12 ) at Okla City ( -12 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -5 ) at LA Lakers ( 5 ) —- T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mbunner23

I’m not saying that I’m going to fade RWB just yet, but it’s not foolish to, like some think. Yall keep talking about Russ’s price at $11,000 being so cheap and comparing it to his $14,000 last year. But you’re forgetting that this isn’t the same team and he isn’t going to dominate the ball like he did last year. He’s going to be sharing usage with PG and Melo. Russ literally had to do everything last year. He doesn’t now. Someone on here said, he has better teammates so he’s going to average more assists, wrong. He has better teammates but it’s not as simple as that. His numbers are going to resemble the days of he and KD playing together. Add in the fact, that this game is likely to be over by the start of the 4th, I will probably go Blake Griffin over Russ tonight because Blakes usage should be through the roof and a better chance of a close game. I’ll take the savings because there’s not enough value to have the both of them in one lineup together.

• MrPerfekt7

@gillio said...

Thoughts on Courtney Lee?

I see him getting a good 25DKpts for tonight, he is like the only shooter on the team iMo

• macG31

Beasley 6-7x tonight.. thoughts?

I’d like it a lot better if you could promise me he’d get 20 minutes…which isn’t totally out of the question due to blowout/Porzingis rest.

• sholden

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

How can anything be moronic in a GPP? This isn’t cash where you need to narrowly beat out the field, you are looking for ways to jump over the field and playing Russ limits those options available. You can fade Russ and win a gpp/min cash you can also play Russ and not cash at all which is a more likely outcome imo because it leaves you reaching deep into the bottom of the barrel for options to balance out his salary.

Over the course of the past few years, look up how many GPP winning lineups had Russ. Then, look up how many small slate winning GPP lineups had Russ. Raw points matter on small slates, especially when there is no player on the slate that has nearly the upside Russ does, in one of the best possible matchups for him.

IMO, it is a better strategy to take Russ for the raw points and mix and match to find your 10x scrubs (which makes it sound crazy, but that is literally only 30 points), rather than looking for two guys that can combine for 40. For today, Russ is only $11K which is not remotely as high as his price has been at times ($14K). You could say that there is one other “stud” tonight (Blake). There is no way you can ever make the argument that Blake Griffin has more upside than Russ, because that is simply statistically not true.

My GPP breakdown (for tonight):
    Let’s say Russ gets 55 tonight, and you find a scrub that gets 25. That’s 80 total. What two guys that are $14K (or less) combined are going to combine for 80? It’s just not as likely to find two guys who can do this, as it is to play Russ and mix and match your scrubs with him. The leverage in GPPs comes from hitting on the random scrub, more so than fading Russ. Sure, this isn’t a 100% of the time outcome, but MOST of the time GPPs are won on small slates by playing Russ/Harden in favorable matchups.

As a disclaimer, I’m simply trying to help, as I’ve won quite a bit of money via NBA. At the end of the day, it is your money and your decision on what you want to do. Trust me, as someone who is a Harden/Rockets superfan, the last thing I want to do is talk about how good Russ is.

• sholden

@mbunner23 said...

I’m not saying that I’m going to fade RWB just yet, but it’s not foolish to, like some think. Yall keep talking about Russ’s price at $11,000 being so cheap and comparing it to his $14,000 last year. But you’re forgetting that this isn’t the same team and he isn’t going to dominate the ball like he did last year. He’s going to be sharing usage with PG and Melo. Russ literally had to do everything last year. He doesn’t now. Someone on here said, he has better teammates so he’s going to average more assists, wrong. He has better teammates but it’s not as simple as that. His numbers are going to resemble the days of he and KD playing together. Add in the fact, that this game is likely to be over by the start of the 4th, I will probably go Blake Griffin over Russ tonight because Blakes usage should be through the roof and a better chance of a close game. I’ll take the savings because there’s not enough value to have the both of them in one lineup together.

I am completely fine with being the only Russ supporter in this thread tonight. I would just like to add to my backing of Russ that even when he played with KD his average DK points per game were higher than Blake’s ceiling.

That being said, my current LU has both Russ+Blake. You are left with $4900 per player, which is more than enough to balance out the rest of your roster.

• thedkexperience

@sholden said...

Over the course of the past few years, look up how many GPP winning lineups had Russ. Then, look up how many small slate winning GPP lineups had Russ. Raw points matter on small slates, especially when there is no player on the slate that has nearly the upside Russ does, in one of the best possible matchups for him.

IMO, it is a better strategy to take Russ for the raw points and mix and match to find your 10x scrubs (which makes it sound crazy, but that is literally only 30 points), rather than looking for two guys that can combine for 40. For today, Russ is only $11K which is not remotely as high as his price has been at times ($14K). You could say that there is one other “stud” tonight (Blake). There is no way you can ever make the argument that Blake Griffin has more upside than Russ, because that is simply statistically not true.

My GPP breakdown (for tonight):
    Let’s say Russ gets 55 tonight, and you find a scrub that gets 25. That’s 80 total. What two guys that are $14K (or less) combined are going to combine for 80? It’s just not as likely to find two guys who can do this, as it is to play Russ and mix and match your scrubs with him. The leverage in GPPs comes from hitting on the random scrub, more so than fading Russ. Sure, this isn’t a 100% of the time outcome, but MOST of the time GPPs are won on small slates by playing Russ/Harden in favorable matchups.

As a disclaimer, I’m simply trying to help, as I’ve won quite a bit of money via NBA. At the end of the day, it is your money and your decision on what you want to do. Trust me, as someone who is a Harden/Rockets superfan, the last thing I want to do is talk about how good Russ is.

To piggieback on this … who do you think will score more for 14k RWB and Jeremi (not Jerian) Grant or Danilo and Lonzo?

I’d be stunned if the first two combine for less than 70 and the second two have, what, an 80 point ceiling? Gimme the first two in a GPP all day.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@sholden said...

That’s great and I hope that you have continued success in NBA and DFS. That being said, for someone who so readily talks about his winnings on this forum, it is a little strange that you don’t have them posted on your RG profile. Hey, to each their own. Some might post, others may not. Some might play Westbrook, some might fade him.

• thedkexperience

@sholden said...

I am completely fine with being the only Russ supporter in this thread tonight. I would just like to add to my backing of Russ that even when he played with KD his average DK points per game were higher than Blake’s ceiling.

That being said, my current LU has both Russ+Blake. You are left with $4900 per player, which is more than enough to balance out the rest of your roster.

• Benf15harp

sounds like Blake might be a fade. At 80+% gpp ownership at 9.6k on dk.

• bmann

It’s opening night and Russ has no problem being selfish but two huge piece have been added to the Thunder. He was a 10k player when Durant was there and that’s what I think he will be this year. Melo and PG average 46 ppg combined and will take a lot of shots. 11.8 on FD is quite a bit, though I do have good exposure because I think Westbrook will be selfish tonight.

• gillio

Man at this rate Gallo gonna be super low owned. Love him tonight

Also a min priced player nobody is talking about? Kizminskas for $3100. Should see 15-20 minutes for $3100 what else can you ask for

• Ndepompei

@Benf15harp said...

sounds like Blake might be a fade. At 80+% gpp ownership at 9.6k on dk.

Blake will not be 80% owned in gpp’s

• sholden

@thedkexperience said...

To piggieback on this … who do you think will score more for 14k RWB and Jeremi (not Jerian) Grant or Danilo and Lonzo?

I’d be stunned if the first two combine for less than 70 and the second two have, what, an 80 point ceiling? Gimme the first two in a GPP all day.

RWB/Pondexter > Danilo/Lonzo all fucking day.

“That’s great and I hope that you have continued success in NBA and DFS. That being said, for someone who so readily talks about his winnings on this forum, it is a little strange that you don’t have them posted on your RG profile. Hey, to each their own. Some might post, others may not. Some might play Westbrook, some might fade him.”

Oh, I don’t really care about “hiding” my screen name. I added both just for you. You can check out me winning an NBA Preseason FD contest ;) just take it easy on me for hockey though, as I am new to that.

• mbunner23

I’m down to this right now. Lowry/DJ or Russ/Kuzma. I think Lowry, DJ looks safer.

• thedkexperience

@sholden said...

RWB/Pondexter > Danilo/Lonzo all fucking day.

That’s great and I hope that you have continued success in NBA and DFS. That being said, for someone who so readily talks about his winnings on this forum, it is a little strange that you don’t have them posted on your RG profile. Hey, to each their own. Some might post, others may not. Some might play Westbrook, some might fade him.

Oh, I don’t really care about “hiding” my screen name. I added both just for you. You can check out me winning an NBA Preseason FD contest ;) just take it easy on me for hockey though, as I am new to that.

For what it’s worth, I was agreeing with you. Haha.

• lukemiller42

there will be maybe 10% of the field with westbrook AND blake together. there is not going to be significant overlap between the 2 highest priced guys I will be taking that combo to the bank if it fails it fails but those are the 2 guys most likely to get 60 dk pts tonight on a 3 game slate zz

• sholden

@thedkexperience said...

For what it’s worth, I was agreeing with you. Haha.

Oh, my response to you was only the first sentence as I share our agreement. We’re on the same page.

The second part was a quote to me that I guess I didn’t highlight. My bad.

• thedkexperience

@sholden said...

Oh, my response to you was only the first sentence as I share our agreement. We’re on the same page.

The second part was a quote to me that I guess I didn’t highlight. My bad.

All good

• thedkexperience

It’s staggering how different my FD and DK lineups are.

• bigkino217

@gillio said...

Man at this rate Gallo gonna be super low owned. Love him tonight

Also a min priced player nobody is talking about? Kizminskas for $3100. Should see 15-20 minutes for $3100 what else can you ask for

why would kuzminskas play 15-20 minutes?

• cjrswish

Does anyone have a link to a site that provides last seasons points allowed by position? cant seem to find one. If i recall correctly, Grant and Gallinari are in super plus matchups tonight

• bigkino217

@thedkexperience said...

It’s staggering how different my FD and DK lineups are.

happens when the pricing is so different

• windsorpg

Will Ntilkina see 20+ mins tonight?

• gillio

Ibaka against a rookie all day for $5400

• kps3205s

Love all of the intel and banter. I’m a single LU player on NBA and did not roster RWB but after reading through all of this I said screw it…go big and make a 2nd roster with him. R. Westbrook, P. George and B. Griffin is not a bad 3 for this lineup. Now the rest of the lineup….will be interesting.

Good luck to everyone.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).