NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 12.5 ) at Toronto ( -12.5 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 12 ) at Okla City ( -12 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -5 ) at LA Lakers ( 5 ) —- T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Whacko

@RogueGrinder said...

Its MSG. This game can absolutely keep close

Monosodium glutamate ?

• bangthedrummond

@RogueGrinder said...

Its MSG. This game can absolutely keep close

umm, no…it’s in OKC

• bwc28

Its in OKC

• RogueGrinder

You need raw points on a slate like this…

• liwvu13

@jessedio said...

Yeah, Melo has never been reliable for DFS purposes and we don’t know who will really eat on OKC but I like a good narrative esp for a person like Carmelo.

I like the narrative angle too, but not as much in OKC. When Melo comes to MSG………. thats a different narrative in my opinion. He’ll put up 50 when he plays in the Garden.

• Whacko

@liwvu13 said...

I like the narrative angle too, but not as much in OKC. When Melo comes to MSG………. thats a different narrative in my opinion. He’ll put up 50 when he plays in the Garden.

And when he does I fully expect his price to reflect that…. Dec 16th.

• thedkexperience

Between Melo and Lonzo I can’t wait to hard fade the narrative.

• RogueGrinder

@bwc28 said...

Its in OKC

Ok. I still believe it can keep close. Just me, I will go with my gut. it’s just what I saw when I saw the slate.

At any rate I hate small slates.

• jessedio

Will Brandon Ingram finally do something on the court or is he still too skinny for the NBA? His usage is always high yet he always finds a way to disappoint. I can’t remember him have one good game.

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

This slate is total garbage if you ask me. Potential for two blow out games. Fanduel has the guys priced very tightly so there isn’t really much value sitting around in this slate. Markanen at his price on FD has taken away all the potential value from rostering him. With that being said, I will approach this slate as follows for FD…

I don’t like Ball tonight. Pat Bev defense is a thing and he will probably force things. My focus is going to be on rostering one of Lowry or Westbrook with Pat Bev. Even though raptors and OKC will probably blow out their opponents, both of these guys should hit 4.5x without much difficulty and on a night like this, small slate, lack of expensive options etc…that should be all you need. I like Bev because at his price in a high paced game against a garbage team that should stay close and with a new scoring system awarding 3 points for a block and a steal, a defensive guard like Beverley should feast.

I think the way to go at C is one of the Lopez brothers. Brook Lopez can stretch Deandre Jordan out since he can hit the three and he can get around him if Jordan comes out at him. Deandre Jordan rim protecting might not come into play. If lakers start Nance instead of Randle I like Brook even more because Nance is in for defense and they will need Brook to score even more. I like Robin Lopez because with both Mirotic and Porter out, Chicago does not have as many options to go small ball because other bigs will be eating up the PF minutes. With that being said, you can also argue that Valanciunas should see more minutes to counter more time from ROLO since there will be more traditional lineups by the Bulls.

I am staying away from Porzingas, it might burn me, but I don’t like the fact that he has been limited lately. I like PG13 and Melo but am worried about usage and blowout. The thing is, OKC does not have a very strong bench, so I am not sure how much of a blowout it can possibly be and if it is a blow out, I still think at least 1 of the big three will see minutes in garbage time. Problem is… Who?

I will still play hardaway despite PG13 defense because I think that he is one of the only fd players that is priced tonight for potential value.

My sneaky play of the night is CJ Miles. People will flock to Norman Powell because he is starting. The raptors really need scoring in their second unit and the bull’s are very thin right now. I can see Miles lighting up the bulls second unit big time.

Good luck everyone

Superbuckwild

• Kbry24

Nance or Kuzma?

• JustDFSin

@frugal said...

Boy, Hood killed me last night. Tonight is a really tough slate as it looks like 3 solid blow outs. definitely going to hedge 1 lineup leaving a bunch of money on the table playing mostly young guys from the bad teams mixed with some bench standouts from the better teams.

Are you fading westbrook on yahoo?

• gillio

Rather play Lowry than westbrook tonight

• Whacko

@Superbuckwild

I don’t like you right now…. :)

Solid view on the FD side of things.

• liwvu13

Especially with the new scoring on FD, George gives you more upside than Melo for basically the same price. George can get points, steals, blocks, asts and rebounds. Melo is all points/rebounds and I imagine his rebounding numbers will drop playing in OKC. He’ll still have games when he goes off, but Melo probably will be priced between 6500-7000 most of the year.

• NoLimits0

Westbrook needs like 25/8/8/2/2 to hit value on DK which is possible but Blake can do that at 1.4k less.

• sports667

My estimated RWB line, 20 points, 16 assists, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 block

• 7klub06

Kuuuuuuuuuuzma, Blake aka Mr KIA and Melo are definitely some good locks

I think the lil pit bull Beverly will disrupt the shit out of Ball game.

What yal thought on Uncle Lou for tonight

• jman3034

PG and Melo know its Westbrook’s team…he is still going to eat the usage…triple double incoming tonight

• frugal

@JustDFSin said...

Are you fading westbrook on yahoo?

On a bigger slate I’d fade him, tonight I will likely hedge 50% exposure. I don’t see Westbrook having anywhere near the usage of last season and as such he’s overpriced by $10-15. But he still has a solid chance of being the highest scoring player of the night (though my gut is telling me that will be Griffin).

• thedkexperience

@jman3034 said...

PG and Melo know its Westbrook’s team…he is still going to eat the usage…triple double incoming tonight

I’ll be conservative and say he only goes for 37-14-7.

😳

• Ndepompei

@thedkexperience said...

Between Melo and Lonzo I can’t wait to hard fade the narrative.

yeah I’m getting excited seeing all this talk on Melo

• stats99tuff

No way I am playing any bulls at those prices … Value plays for me on FD are Rivers, Beverley, Powell and VAL at center. Allows you to have blake and Westbrook…

• Whacko

On a side note….just looking at what DK has in store for the PICK’EM side of things.

I hate the format and I refuse to play it, however you can get an idea on how people might view roster setups,

RWB and Griffin are the only T1’s; going through the Tiers and checking out the player pool casual players might view this Pick’em pool as the only players worth rostering, and I would bet most players tend to want to have the same or close to the same LU in other contests.

Just another tool to use to open some ideas for a tiny tiny edge.

• Njsum1

@superbuckwild said...

This slate is total garbage if you ask me

I echoed this sentiment before…not only are there 2 games with a high potential to blowout, aside from Toronto, all the teams are completely different than last year, just too much guesswork.

I’ll make 1 or 2 lineups and play lightly. Yesterday I had 20.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler