NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 10 ) at LA Lakers ( -10 ) —- T: 216.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

Lotta ways to go at captain tonight. Last game was pretty easy it was either Bron or AD, yet I can see a case for a number of guys tonight. Gonna be a little trickier.

• SteeloCity

You think so? I like AD and LeBron again at the top two spots on FD again.

• JSteele

@Njsum1 said...

Lotta ways to go at captain tonight. Last game was pretty easy it was either Bron or AD, yet I can see a case for a number of guys tonight. Gonna be a little trickier.

If (and it’s a big if) Miami can keep this one close without Dragic and Bam, Jimmy Butler could be the top Pt/$ player with the increased usage.

You could probably make a case for Herro who may start and be forced into heavy minutes. Both of these guys can fill up the stat sheet like LeBron/AD.

Tons of value available could make the captain spot too. Kelly O should get a ton of run here.

• Njsum1

@SteeloCity said...

You think so? I like AD and LeBron again at the top two spots on FD again.

I only play these showdowns on DK.

I can see a Kelly O, Nunn, or butler captain In addition to bron and AD. Depends what these guys score. And what the rotations are.

NUNN-Mania again!

• truegrinder

So hard to trust Nunn. Ughhh. There goes my Herro is going to have to go nuts tonight. Hard not to play the King at cap in my opinion

• Njsum1

@truegrinder said...

. Hard not to play the King at cap in my opinion

No it’s not, do the math. He’s actually one of the worst captains tonight.

Just give guys projections and start messing around with captain. I think the optimal captain may be butler.

If you think Kendrick Nunn will get over 30 DK, he’d be the optimal captain.

• Who’s ready for this!

• Wooden_Bones

@JSteele said...

If (and it’s a big if) Miami can keep this one close without Dragic and Bam, Jimmy Butler could be the top Pt/$ player with the increased usage.

You could probably make a case for Herro who may start and be forced into heavy minutes. Both of these guys can fill up the stat sheet like LeBron/AD.

Tons of value available could make the captain spot too. Kelly O should get a ton of run here.

In a Heat keep the game close script you almost have to play Butler and Herro. And, I’d agree that you can make a strong case for Butler being the top pt/$ guy if you believe the Heat can keep this game close… or even win.

• truegrinder

@Njsum1 said...

No it’s not, do the math. He’s actually one of the worst captains tonight.

Just give guys projections and start messing around with captain. I think the optimal captain may be butler.

If you think Kendrick Nunn will get over 30 DK, he’d be the optimal captain.

i am thinking about Herro at the cap spot too. But isnt tonight with the injuries going to be easy to put King or AD or But at the Captain?

• truegrinder

guys that # 9.5 is present again too….. Maybe its a heat build tonight? Herro is my guy im leaning heavy on… Thoughts?

• Njsum1

@truegrinder said...

i am thinking about Herro at the cap spot too. But isnt tonight with the injuries going to be easy to put King or AD or But at the Captain?

You have to sacrifice butler to play the king at captain. You can get him in with AD, but then your playing Sol hill and Markeiff

Butler is the best captain..if he gets 45 DK, or Nunn with 30, Herro would need around 40 to make a good captain

• JSteele

@Njsum1 said...

You have to sacrifice butler to play the king at captain. You can get him in with AD, but then your playing Sol hill and Markeiff

Butler is the best captain..if he gets 45 DK, or Nunn with 30, Herro would need around 40 to make a good captain

I think Kelly O makes a nice captain. I just made a build that I really like, although you sacrifice Butler, you don’t have to fish too much

• Njsum1

@JSteele said...

I think Kelly O makes a nice captain. I just made a build that I really like, although you sacrifice Butler, you don’t have to fish too much

You can easily play Lebron, ad, and butler if Kelly o is the captain. Only problem with Kelly O captain is that you have too many options for your last guy. I count 6 plays with similar projections. Unless you go rondo over Nunn then you have like 3

• monarch

Kelly Olynk can really derail a lineup tonight, especially at CPT. Ill play a few responsibly but those are some real hail mary lineups.

I also feel that way about Tyler Herro to an extent.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Kelly Olynk can really derail a lineup tonight, especially at CPT. Ill play a few responsibly but those are some real hail mary lineups.

I also feel that way about Tyler Herro to an extent.

Butler or nunn make the best captain…imo

If we think Nunn will get big minutes and 30 DK points. If we’re not certain about Nunn, Captain Buckets gives me the highest projected Lineup.

• monarch

I agree that those are excellent captain selections. I also like AD at CPT.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Is anyone predicting a scenario where 1 of Butler, James, AD, is not in the winning line up?

Seems hard to believe it won’t happen. It’d have to be a total annihilation to the point where, Butler doesn’t even get past 30, or Laker role players show out and have a huge role in the decimation, and one of AD or James settles around 35-40, right?

Too much value on the lower end. Nunn and down really is full of too many guys who should score 20+ to think those 3 won’t make the optimal.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

I agree that those are excellent captain selections. I also like AD at CPT.

I’m trying to like AD, yet the projections fall short. Can’t find an AD lineup going in that projects highly.

Of course it can happen, like if crowder or rondo have a monster game.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Is anyone predicting a scenario where 1 of Butler, James, AD, is not in the winning line up

No, I make like 1 to 5 lineups for these things, so I don’t account for less likely scenarios.

If I was putting in 150, I’d certainly have some of those lineups

I’m really just trying to cash these things…not Just min, yet cash.

Last time I had 3 lineups, 1 went 5x, 1 4x and 2x.

I’d happily take those results again

• bazerko

I say fading one of those three is the way to go if you aren’t trying to split the grand prize with anyone. The odds are slim that all three won’t be in the winning lineup, but there have been instances in these playoff showdown slates where one of: Jimmy, AD and Lebron weren’t in the winning line ups. Out of the three I would lock AD into a lineup, while fading Lebron since I assume he would be higher owned than Jimmy Butler.

• Njsum1

@bazerko said...

I say fading one of those three is the way to go if you aren’t trying to split the grand prize with anyone

Yeah it would be nice to finally win one outright. I just keep tying for 1st every slate, it’s starting to get annoying 😂

• Njsum1

@truegrinder said...

I like the herro captain lineups…they project well if you think herro gets 40dk. I know I said that before, yet I’ve been thinking more about it.

If he doesn’t get 40dk the lineups are kind of dead though

Edit…anyone think the Lakers might start markeiff tonight with Bam out?

• Felixxberg

I know nothing about NBA, but I do know some things about SD, and if there’s something I have learned while playing NFL SD (also NHL SD, but that’s another animal), it’s that you need to leave a lot on the table to not split with 100 other people. It’s kind of easy to do it tonight because of the decent value players. Nunn captain opens up a lot of possibilities. At the end of the day you need to be perfect anyway, but I’d rather play to win alone (or a few ties) than to split with 100 people.

• Gonna be interested to see who spo goes with to start the game with no bam specifically. Assuming lakers start dwight again, alot of different possibilities.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.