7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Charlotte ( -6 ) —- T: 202.5
    7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 6 ) at Washington ( -6 ) —- T: 210.5
    7:00 PM EST : Portland ( -3.5 ) at Indiana ( 3.5 ) —- T: 225.5
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 2 ) at Brooklyn ( -2 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 4.5 ) at Minnesota ( -4.5 ) —- T: 198.5
    8:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) —- T: 202.5
    9:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -8 ) at New Orleans ( 8 ) —- T: 222
    10:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 3 ) at Phoenix ( -3 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• rebkell

@elementasrat said...

The NBA really screwed up by not testing this system well in advance.

What is this damn system? I heard something about it, but what exactly have they done? I tracked all the games last year, whether I played or not and out of 1230 regular season games, the stats were final within 5 to 15 minutes worst case(and that was very very few games that took that long), normally they were done within seconds of the final buzzer. I think there was one game that took 2 or 3 hours before it finalized.

• Whacko

Well atleast we can say they are being thorough….

• rebkell

@Whacko said...

Well atleast we can say they are being thorough….

I wonder where they are even getting the numbers they are getting, if the NBA has the same service, why are they so far behind, as far as I can tell all stats are stuck with 7:11 to go in the 4th quarter.

Edit: it just moved, it’s now showing 6:29 remaining.

• NoLimits0

There’s no way for Draft Kings to verify anything tonight. NBAs official boxscore of the Warriors game is down. So they can’t verify.

They also cannot go off their stat provider either. It’s like the CBS link above. That’s very subjective and might be not matching another source (CBS and DK don’t match because it’s two independent sources and they both don’t match what NBA officially has). Draft Kings is supposed to use that stat provider as a good estimation of how players do and then match it to the official NBA boxscore later at the end.

unfortunely there’s no NBA boxscore for the Warriors game.

There’s clearly many things wrong with the boxscore. For one Draymond Green has 10 points in the game that’s stuck with like 6 mins remaining. DK has him at 8 points meaning he scored -2 points in the last 6 minutes. Clearly impossible. Stephs assists are also too high. AD is missing a rebound possibly a block or steal

• mbyrd75

@rebkell said...

I wonder where they are even getting the numbers they are getting, if the NBA has the same service, why are they so far behind, as far as I can tell all stats are stuck with 7:11 to go in the 4th quarter.

so basically someone..somewhere is rewatching the game and making tally marks on a score sheet like the old guy at the little league game lol

• rebkell

@mbyrd75 said...

so basically someone..somewhere is rewatching the game and making tally marks on a score sheet like the old guy at the little league game lol

They have made it to 5:46 remaining in the 4th, they are screaming through now. :)

• superstars92

This is ridiculous. Klay Thompson has 50 FPs according to Draft Kings, but he only should have 45.5 FPs. They better change this, along with everything else. How do you give an extra 4.5 FPs to a player? That’s almost 1x for Klay.

I am positive about this for Klay. He should have 45.5 FPs if the correct stat changes are made.

I honestly can’t trust any of these stats are fine. Who’s to say TJ Warren really put up the line he did? The winner of the GPP had him, but I think maybe he should have 5 fewer FPs. I didn’t watch that game unlike the Warriors game, so I can’t be certain, but I have no faith in the stat system anymore. These small differences can decide the NBA scoring champ/MVP races too.

• superstars92

DK doesn’t match what ESPN has

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400974444

ESPN uses the official stat provider of the NBA. Hmmmmmm.

• rebkell

Got it down to 55.1 remaining on nba.com and Klay is at 45.5 DK at that point

• tonytone1908

@NoLimits0 said...

More detail to my above post – Click on the boxscore link that you linked above. Do you see how every single player doesn’t match DK?

Klay has 23 points according to the boxscore. DK has him at 33. Who knows if he actually scored 10 points when the stats system froze.

Draymond has 10 points. DK has him at 8. What happened? He scored -2 points after the stats system froze?

Nba.com has the right boxscore up until 109-98 (which it thinks was the final score). DKs boxscore doesn’t match that and all stats are wrong. Some stats don’t make sense. How did Draymond score -2 points after the stats froze?

DK absolutely cannot pay out. There are some huge GPP placements with Klay, AD, and Cousins on their team. These are thousand dollar swings with each stat correction. Some are just blatantly wrong. No way Draymond scores -2 points for example.

Cousins scored a huge number of points after the stat system froze. Were they scored all by Cousins? ADs stats barely changed after the stats system froze.

Honestly, this is the reason I wasn’t able to sleep the few nights I got a big win. Kept checking to see if a stat correction knocked me around and of course each time it seemed like it took FOREVER for the slate to close and payout. Even checked first thing in the morning half asleep still not believing it.

Whatever the official box score is is the official score. Sites should not pay out until stats are made official. I know it’s shitty that sometimes your guys get knocked around for the better or the worse but as long as the stats they pay out on match the official box scores then that’s that.

I would never imagine it happening but if for some reason they closed out a slate with stats that don’t match the official stats then their can be some complaints. Until then, your feeling on whether a block is a block or a steal belonged to whoever makes no difference. All players on all sites go by the same official scores. I know we’d all like to be the official scorer for the game we are heavy on but that will never be the case. Keep dreaming.

• tonytone1908

@superstars92 said...

This is ridiculous. Klay Thompson has 50 FPs according to Draft Kings, but he only should have 45.5 FPs. They better change this, along with everything else. How do you give an extra 4.5 FPs to a player? That’s almost 1x for Klay.

I am positive about this for Klay. He should have 45.5 FPs if the correct stat changes are made.

I honestly can’t trust any of these stats are fine. Who’s to say TJ Warren really put up the line he did? The winner of the GPP had him, but I think maybe he should have 5 fewer FPs. I didn’t watch that game unlike the Warriors game, so I can’t be certain, but I have no faith in the stat system anymore. These small differences can decide the NBA scoring champ/MVP races too.

Has this slate closed yet? If it hasn’t please keep an eye for corrections once it does.

• tonytone1908

@rebkell said...

ESPN gamecast did go wonky at the same time FD scoring did. People keep saying different sites have different stats but I wonder if that is true once the games have gone final. All these sites get the same stats feeds. I can see if something goes off line it may not match up but something needs to be done to make sure the scores are official. Whichever site is considered official should be mentioned somewhere as well. Lots of arguing to be had if different sites have different scoring. Again, I feel like as wonky as things can be sometimes it’s all got to get rectified before it’s all said and done and slates close.

• rebkell

NBA now shows a complete game: this is I believe the optimal lineup:

DKPos Player DKSalary DK-10/20/17 DKPts Team
    PG Lonzo Ball $6,800 LAL at PHX 59.75 LAL
    SG/SF Evan Fournier $5,400 ORL at BKN 44.75 ORL
    SF/PF Otto Porter $5,500 DET at WAS 54.25 WAS
    PF/C Anthony Davis $10,600 GSW at NOP 70.75 NOP
    C Nikola Vucevic $7,600 ORL at BKN 63.00 ORL
    PG/SG Spencer Dinwiddie $3,500 ORL at BKN 34.25 BKN
    SF/PF Al-Farouq Aminu $4,800 POR at IND 45.50 POR
    SF/PF T.J. Warren $5,000 LAL at PHX 43.00 PHX
    $49,200 415.25

this is what I show for the GSW/NOP game:

DKPos Player DKSalary DK-10/20/17 GSW/NOP DKPts Team
    PF/C Anthony Davis $10,600 GSW at NOP 70.75 NOP
    PF/C DeMarcus Cousins $10,400 GSW at NOP 68.00 NOP
    SF/PF Kevin Durant $9,600 GSW at NOP 50.00 GSW
    SG Klay Thompson $6,500 GSW at NOP 45.50 GSW
    PG/SG Stephen Curry $8,800 GSW at NOP 45.25 GSW
    PF/C Draymond Green $7,300 GSW at NOP 30.75 GSW
    PG/SG Jrue Holiday $6,100 GSW at NOP 28.50 NOP
    PG/SG Jordan Crawford $3,600 GSW at NOP 27.25 NOP
    PG/SG Ian Clark $3,200 GSW at NOP 22.25 NOP
    SG/SF Andre Iguodala $4,100 GSW at NOP 21.25 GSW
    C Zaza Pachulia $3,500 GSW at NOP 19.75 GSW
    PF/C David West $3,000 GSW at NOP 15.75 GSW
    SF/PF Dante Cunningham $3,100 GSW at NOP 12.75 NOP
    SF Darius Miller $3,000 GSW at NOP 9.00 NOP
    PG/SG Shaun Livingston $3,600 GSW at NOP 8.75 GSW
    PF/C Jordan Bell $3,800 GSW at NOP 8.50 GSW
    SG Nick Young $4,000 GSW at NOP 8.25 GSW
    C JaVale McGee $3,200 GSW at NOP 8.00 GSW
    SG/SF E’Twaun Moore $3,700 GSW at NOP 7.00 NOP
    SG/SF Tony Allen $3,300 GSW at NOP 2.00 NOP
  • S7ubs

Well now I’m winning another 123 bucks so either Fan Duel is trolling or the night was better than I thought

• bigperm0107

fanduel is having issues too? So it’s not just a dk thing?

• BagelBaron

Yahoo closed out their contests with demonstrably wrong stats in the GS-NO game (at least they are way off the current ESPN box score and I watched the game. Durant did not have only 4 blocks!). At least the other sites are delaying close out until they get it right. If Yahoo doesn’t fix this, I am done playing there. They need to be at least aware enough of the problem to hold off closing contests like the other sites have. And it’s already problematic enough that their salary algorithm is so different (and irrational) that you have to pretty much reset all your research to play there.

• depalma13

So glad I switched from Bledsoe to Ulis.

• TNYooper

@depalma13 said...

So glad I switched from Bledsoe to Ulis.

Me too, heh. Still had a 286.25 (or did I? Sounds like all the scoring was off) even after having Ulis and Payton (injured early) in my lineup. And after dropping Bledsoe, I ended up switching Jaylen Brown for Devin Booker. So I guess it wouldn’t have made too much difference for me.

• Dfspacman

@Dfspacman said...

Lonzo bounce back spot, triple double
    If Nance sees the same minutes as yday he might exceed value

I called this, still hurts someone talked me off Lonzo lol

• rocketman828

I want my money dammit I have 640 dollars coming to me from DK get this shit fixed

• Simplebitz

Soooooo…

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

I pushed my entire bankroll (and then some) onto this slate. Hopefully it pays out soon so I can play tonight.

• BUFUu2

anyone having a problem that dk did not do payouts for last night yet…..

• Yacht67

@BUFUu2 said...

anyone having a problem that dk did not do payouts for last night yet…..

lol yes. Saw this low number and realized that only NHL got paid out. Waiting for NBA…. You think it’s cause that boxscore (whats a block whats steal) thing? Trying to figure out the stat sheet?

• BUFUu2

@Yacht67 said...

lol yes. Saw this low number and realized that only NHL got paid out. Waiting for NBA…. You think it’s cause that boxscore (whats a block whats steal) thing? Trying to figure out the stat sheet?

I’m hoping that is it ill be really pissed if they take my winnings away lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).