7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Charlotte ( -6 ) —- T: 202.5
    7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 6 ) at Washington ( -6 ) —- T: 210.5
    7:00 PM EST : Portland ( -3.5 ) at Indiana ( 3.5 ) —- T: 225.5
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 2 ) at Brooklyn ( -2 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 4.5 ) at Minnesota ( -4.5 ) —- T: 198.5
    8:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) —- T: 202.5
    9:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -8 ) at New Orleans ( 8 ) —- T: 222
    10:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 3 ) at Phoenix ( -3 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• frugal

@Chip403 said...

Also to the mentions of anyone rostering Mavs tonight, I can’t say I won’t ever roster a Mavs player or two…but if there’s one thing I’ve come to realize in the past 2.5 years, it’s that to never trust Rick Carlisle in terms of your NBA DFS lineups, minute distributions, benched players, game tempo, and overall performance..always a complete wild card that I just rather avoid.

To a great degree I agree. The Noel situation is troubling as he really should be seeing 30 MPG but there’s something going on there with the team holding him back. From a guard perspective, DSJ is going to get minutes and free reign especially with Curry (and likely Harris) out. The Mavs are looking to push the tempo this year.

Not suggesting any Mavs are locks on any given night, but there are going to be plenty of nights where DSJ and/or Noel appear in winning lineups.

• dominicanpapi

Like Bledsoe on the Suns side, if KCP is back (I believe I read something about him being hit in the face) that might take me off Booker.

Definitely keep your eye on the value plays from Brooklyn. I think Aaron Gordon is questionable so Ross might have a bigger role.

I think the guys to pay up for are KD, Curry, and Davis.

• jessedio

@AceBoog1e said...

Thank you to all who faded RWB and BG last night. My only cash lineup had both and cashed 80%.

I faded and cashed just fine.

• bfwl3434

Why do people keep saying Draymond will be out? He is probable.

• liwvu13

@Chip403 said...

Also, I’m very surprised I haven’t seen Vucevic name dropped on here, and if so, minimal. Brooklyn bigs suck, and we all know how game flow works when playing them. Vucevic skill set as a big matches up perfect against them and I could see him having quite a night. I think as mentioned before, Boogie and Brow will be of focus point in terms of bigs I’m gonna try like hell to fit into lineups played tonight, but will have quite a bit of exposure to Vucevic no doubt.

shhh…..

• Chip403

People will be afraid to mention this due to matchup pitted against LBJ..but if you’re gonna talk all the big names, elite guys, you can’t forget about Giannis. Could see LBJ playing slightly reduced role tonight, while still getting his…but I could also see a very close game between them at Milwaukee and ample chances for Bucks to get Giannis off LBJ and in defensive mismatches against Rose/Wade. Not saying it’ll happen, but can’t rule out a 70+ FP game from Giannis (DK scoring).

• jessedio

At first glance this slate is kind of difficult. Gortat stands out to me right away going against Drummond at a good price.

• Chip403

To follow on my last post there, of all players who are active tonight priced above $9k, I definitely could see Giannis being the most low owned of the group simply in part to his pricing. It’s steep as hell especially on a slate like tonight, so getting that 5x value is daunting, but in gpp’s..I’m truly wondering where ownership levels on him will sit at..I think below 8% (I say this because I had a lineup cash quite big on Wednesday-where I rostered Anthony Davis (57 FPs) to a tone of 3% ownership..I truly couldn’t believe it, but goes to show how NBA DFS strays from the high priced guys).

• Dfspacman

Lonzo bounce back spot, triple double
    If Nance sees the same minutes as yday he might exceed value

• jessedio

Tonight should be another huge scoring night. Need some value to open up too. DK’s pricing is super tight, every star is basically the same price. I’ll prob roster two centers since they are somewhat a savings with high ceiling.

• Dfspacman

Sabonis good value play at 3500 especially if Turner is out or Big Al
    What do u think of Kilpatrick with Lin out?

• IronMonkey415

Remember to have T. Young in one of your lineup.

• monarch

@Chip403 said...

People will be afraid to mention this due to matchup pitted against LBJ..but if you’re gonna talk all the big names, elite guys, you can’t forget about Giannis. Could see LBJ playing slightly reduced role tonight, while still getting his…but I could also see a very close game between them at Milwaukee and ample chances for Bucks to get Giannis off LBJ and in defensive mismatches against Rose/Wade. Not saying it’ll happen, but can’t rule out a 70+ FP game from Giannis (DK scoring).

Celtics wings were blowing by the Cavs opening night with ease. Only thing keeping Giannis from crushing is foul trouble. Kidd may hide him on Wade or Crowder.

• Theguy49503

D’Angelo Russell should be a good cash play right? I mean where else is Brooklyn going to get points from lol

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

My take on tonight’s slate for FD…

I am big on Avery Bradley for upside. His price did not adjust and is in Mid 5k because he had a rough night due to foul trouble in season opener. People will see his last game and minutes and not know what happened and he could potentially be low owned. A lot of people will jump on Collison because of his last game, I like him for cash still at his price because I don’t think that they completed adjusted him up properly on FD and there is still some value at his price. Not as much upside for GPP but decent.

I think Taurean Prince is still decent at this price as well. He will get tons of minutes and will be relied on to score as secondary scoring option in Atlanta.

I like Kemba tonight against Schroeder defense and I also like Howard considering that his main back up is out. Charlotte players in general are in good position given the amount of injuries and issues with the team right now and playing a pretty crappy Atlanta team.

I love Vucevic. I think he will eat against Brooklyn.

Good start to the season so far with a lot of entertaining games. Injuries have sucked, but good basketball.

Up a few hundred dollars already on FD.

Good luck everyone

• electrichaz3

Going to be hard not to go fairly heavy on certain charlotte players with all these people out.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Dfspacman said...

Lonzo bounce back spot, triple double
    If Nance sees the same minutes as yday he might exceed value

Nope and nope. Ball hasn’t played well in any “real” games. Summer league doesn’t count except to his mentally ill dad.

• liwvu13

@Theguy49503 said...

D’Angelo Russell should be a good cash play right? I mean where else is Brooklyn going to get points from lol

Crabbe, Hollis-Jefferson and Levert… Sneaky, Sneaky Stack but it allows you to fit in some studs.

• monarch

Javale if Draymond is out?

• Ronboogie6

Anybody know if Randle gets more run tonight? Awesome match up

• RogueGrinder

@elementasrat said...

Trap.

Hornets defense funnels the opposing offense to the wings. I really don’t like any of the Hawks honestly, but I guess you could do worse than Bazemore and/or Prince.

Schroeder will probably rack up assists but I expect his point total and usage to go way down after Wednesday’s game against the Mavericks.

You’re basing this off of Preseason?

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Re: Dwight Howard and his revenge game tonight. Remember all that talk about Melo being in an amazing spot and how he was going to go HAM on the Thunder yesterday? Think he got to about 30 points on FD. Given Dwight and Melo are the same guy (terrible attitudes, one dimensional, crumble whenever challenged), rinse and repeat the Melo disappointment for Dwight tonight despite an interesting matchup.

• RogueGrinder

I’m fading Collison. I had him the first time at low ownership.

• RogueGrinder

@sochoice said...

Re: Dwight Howard and his revenge game tonight. Remember all that talk about Melo being in an amazing spot and how he was going to go HAM on the Thunder yesterday? Think he got to about 30 points on FD. Given Dwight and Melo are the same guy (terrible attitudes, one dimensional, crumble whenever challenged), rinse and repeat the Melo disappointment for Dwight tonight despite an interesting matchup.

I see your point and while great, I will go with my gut and roster Howard. He is really not a revenge type of player anyway. The matchup is favorable for a good rebound game.

• Chip403

Just remember if trying to save salary on DraftKings, last time I’ll mention..and perhaps it’s for not..but if any indications or reports come out before tip tonight that Dragen Bender will see plenty of floor time..at $3000 on DK, he’s worth plugging in at utility and as I seen someone else say, Sabonis for Portland at 3500 if you really wanted to stack stars, you can play at forward..then fire away. If Bender for sure will get minutes tonight against LA, I’ll deploy him on a gpp lineup just once or perhaps even do as said with Sabonis, assuming he’ll play starter minutes as well…and see how the roster from there could shake out in terms of fitting in elite guys with those 2 bare priced guys who could go for 8-10x value if the stars align.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler