7:30 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at Toronto ( -2.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 7.5 ) at Memphis ( -7.5 ) —- T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 5.5 ) at Minnesota ( -5.5 ) —- T: 228.5
    8:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 6 ) at San Antonio ( -6 ) —- T: 213
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 12 ) at Utah ( -12 ) —- T: 220.5
    10:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 5 ) at Portland ( -5 ) —- T: 232.5
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( 6 ) at Phoenix ( -6 ) —- T: 223’

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Randallus

Was/Tor and Phi/NO are the most appealing games due to concentrated amounts of players with significant minutes. Saikam, Hachimura, Simmons, and Zion all out.

• factorial89

the core for me-sabonis ingram van fleet maxey lamello ball.

• osuryanf

They sure made pricing pretty high to begin the first full slate tonight. Don’t get me wrong, I like it! But it isn’t going to be super easy to find value.

• got9forya

I am liking Mobley and Maxey so far for cheap options on FD. Trying to build around them. Just see Value there. I could also see Jalen Green doing decent also for another cheap option.

• DFSNewbie

So what’s up with the pricing? Did I miss an announcement or something? Usually the player prices are way less early in the season

• bobbbb

Seems like there are a lot of punt options tonight with not a lot of pay up guys.

• bobbbb

@DFSNewbie said...

So what’s up with the pricing? Did I miss an announcement or something? Usually the player prices are way less early in the season

FD or DK?

• caleb21scott

IDK what you guys are talking about. Pricing is super soft on DK

• DFSNewbie

• superjon

Full team and game stacks are rare on FD on very large slates.

• bobbbb

@caleb21scott said...

Correct. They are probably talking about FD.

• fleishmo6

Lamelo, Embid and Sabonis my core on FD
    Thinking Tatum is big spend up so pivoting to Sabonis and hope he and Ball have a big back and forth game.
    Too many teams to be able to figure out

• osuryanf

@caleb21scott said...

It’s absolutely not. Guys like Mitchell/Sabonis/even Lillard NEVER start the season this high priced.

Sexton 8k+? Come on.

There’s 50+ more examples of guys that are drastically higher priced than opening night last year (and any year before)… but those 4 should give you the basic idea.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Pricing is soft on DK, because they priced some high draft picks cheap (Barnes, Green) and guys who are underpriced, because other guys are out (Maxey,) I don’t think it’s soft in general. Look at the highest point-per-dollar plays and tell me on an 11-game slate you’re super confident that they’re going to be necessary. I don’t think you can.

Assuming some of these guys who are perceived values and can smash their tag, there’s not a ton of evidence of that.

As osuryanf has mentioned, a lot of guys on this slate are actually priced higher than they usally are. Embiid was under 10K all last season practically. Morant and Fox over 9K right out the gate. LaVine 8.7K with Ball and DDR there now? That’s not soft.

• mbunner23

Yes, pricing is tight. Embiid looks like the spend up to me.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Good luck separating from the field jamming in Barnes, Jalen Green, Maxey and so on in every lineup then picking your studs. Some of these guys are going to fall flat on their face and suck and it’s what everyone will be doing. A lot of these 9K plus studs aren’t crossing 45 points either.

• osuryanf

Agree with both of you.

There is some value, yes. But just because rookies are priced cheap doesn’t mean pricing is ‘soft.’ There’s a ton of guys that are higher priced than they were for 90%+ of last year. That’s not typical of Draftkings to do on opening night.

• osuryanf

For those with time today I encourage you to go through preseason logs of every team on the slate tonight.

Preseason isn’t always telling, but if you follow their last 2-3 preseason games you can often find a good idea of what a teams rotation is going to look like. If you can get a better feel of the rotation you can then find some value that maybe most users (optimizer users) don’t know about.

There is a huge edge early in the season because most optimizers use previous season information and not preseason (understandably so). But with new free agents added to all teams and some having new coaches it’s important to get a better feel on rotations, thus, preseason game logs is the best tool you have.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/preseason/schedule

• DirkDigglerz

Nurk always goes ham against Sac,

• superjon

First 100 lineup night.

Process
    Make core of 3-4 guys I want in at least 60% of my lineups

Stud (9k or higher)
    Value (Under 5k)
    Center
    Maybe someone that’s chalky, although really chalky players can be avoided on large slates

• bobbbb

Single Bullet for me.

• dominicanpapi

Where are you guys getting that FD pricing is soft? Lillard at 10K right out of the gate, Embiid at 11K, FVV for example is 8800, OG is 7400!!

There’s definitely value on here though. Tobias is 7200, Dinwiddie is 6500, Gafford is 5500 although neither him or Embiid are PF/C eligible so you can only play one of those guys. Kevin Porter is 6100, but I’m not sure who’s rushing out of the gate to jam in Lillard at a 10K price tag. Not even when he would go on heaters was he that expensive with McCollum on the floor.

• thedkexperience

Started off on fire yesterday!

- Jrue injury!

- Missed the single entry cash line by 1 point!

Mid season form right there ladies and gents! This is fun! We’re having fun!

Edit – 3 game 8 PM only slate for me today! Burning money on the main with a dozen games where I don’t know the rotations seems like a bad idea to me. I’ll be back later with some Sixers takes I’m sure.

• dominicanpapi

@dominicanpapi said...

Where are you guys getting that FD pricing is soft? Lillard at 10K right out of the gate, Embiid at 11K, FVV for example is 8800, OG is 7400!!

There’s definitely value on here though. Tobias is 7200, Dinwiddie is 6500, Gafford is 5500 although neither him or Embiid are PF/C eligible so you can only play one of those guys. Kevin Porter is 6100, but I’m not sure who’s rushing out of the gate to jam in Lillard at a 10K price tag. Not even when he would go on heaters was he that expensive with McCollum on the floor.

Also, please practice bankroll management. It’s so easy to want to try and play more than you should b/c its the first legit slate of the year, but the NBA is a marathon, not a sprint. There will be a full slate of basketball until mid-May essentially, so keep that in mind. Yesterday I dabbled in the $3 b/c I had a few tickets, but tonight, I’m just doing SE and 3 Max and will be doing that for the majority of the year. It’s very easy to get caught up in the noise, just an FYI!

• frugal

Wow DK pricing is a joke. First look love OG with a MIN/HOU stack and fill in with underpriced lottery starters.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).