Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00pm New Orleans at Orlando
    7:00pm Miami at Charlotte
    7:30pm New York at Brooklyn
    8:00pm Atlanta at Chicago

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@JGun10 said...

I gave multiple reasons in this forum yesterday on why not to play DWill. If you played him you need to reevaluate your thought process on making lineups. Be careful what info you listen to on here, it seems a lot of people are throwing out blatant misinformation this preseason and trying to get newbies to play guys that are bums. I have seen people recommend players this preseason such as Chasson Randle, Quincy Ford, H Barnes, DWill, and the list goes on. If you played any of those guys you probably lost and they probably scored 0-10 fantasy points for you. Trust your instincts and your own basketball knowledge. Don’t trust the guy from Dallas or Utah that recommends playing 6 mavericks or 7 Jazz players.

lol.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

I may have let my fandom get a hold of me last night. But in no way am I trying to misdirect people, that’s uncalled for. From a value perspective, starters under $5K allow room for the studs. Mavs starters (outside Barnes, I’ll never roster Barnes) were in a good position to succeed last night and just crapped the bed (outside Matthews). Of course late in the day a value flood opened up with a few players in even better positions. I’ll definitely be slightly gun shy about throwing 3 of them into a lineup again though until I see what they look like during the regular season.

Don’t sweat it Frugal. His post is ridiculous imo. He just wants to be seen. It’s preseason and he thinks he made some great prediction to the world about Dwill.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@terrypercs said...

Im off Aaron Gordon tonight. I hate the way Vogul uses him with a passion. Such bad coaching

Don’t you think you should wait until regular season starts before you say that? I read Gordon himself said he will have more freedom this year but it will take some time to get used to it. Maybe it’s him and not the coach right now.

• IronMonkey415

Yea we can’t judge any of the players right now during the preseason.

• kemar785

yesterday was crazy 329 was the winning line up and I was out at 270 what are 50/50 lines like i’ve only been playing gpp because its preseason

• tsouliot

Honest input..on a slate like tonight, given the preseaon craziness. The winning lineup will be mostly luck. Outside of your given two chalk players ect..no research can prove which punt will go off. So in the end maybe too much research will hinder your lineup

• frugal

@tsouliot said...

Honest input..on a slate like tonight, given the preseaon craziness. The winning lineup will be mostly luck. Outside of your given two chalk players ect..no research can prove which punt will go off. So in the end maybe too much research will hinder your lineup

I think winning a tourney always has an element of luck. But solid research should put you in the position to cash more nights than not and put you in a position where that little bit of luck can put you over the top.

• moped_jones

@williegivan11 said...

293 & no cash, you gotta be kidding me dawg

I had 287 and no cash. 289.4 was the minimum needed in the game I played.

• legitlegit

do yall still like ibaka with AD playing?

will AD be on ibaka? cause isnt AD a decent defender?

thanks

• piranha

@frugal said...

I think winning a tourney always has an element of luck. But solid research should put you in the position to cash more nights than not and put you in a position where that little bit of luck can put you over the top.

Well said.

• frugal

@legitlegit said...

do yall still like ibaka with AD playing?

will AD be on ibaka? cause isnt AD a decent defender?

thanks

My bet is Davis sees somewhat limited minutes tonight. Can’t see them pushing him given his injury history when the game doesn’t really matter.

• tsouliot

@frugal said...

Exactly my point! Research will help you cash, but sometimes going with the gut will land you your highest score. I remember last year, I did a late night slate for a dollar entry. Hit my highest score of 334 on DK. Enough to win a couple hundred, but it was mostly a blind lineup picked in a minute lol

• frugal

@tsouliot said...

Exactly my point! Research will help you cash, but sometimes going with the gut will land you your highest score. I remember last year, I did a late night slate for a dollar entry. Hit my highest score of 334 on DK. Enough to win a couple hundred, but it was mostly a blind lineup picked in a minute lol

That’s not what I meant. I research and think out all my picks. I don’t ever blindly pick a player based on my gut. I only consistently play the DK Quarter arcade and never won, but I’ve more than tripled my initial DK deposit. I don’t see any way I could’ve done that by simply throwing darts.

• portis21

What sort of time should we expect Hardaway Jr to get tonight?

• portis21

• zigger77

@portis21 said...

Probably around 17 like last game.

• twolves41

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

NBA preseason has been free money.. Just play the optimal in H2H’s, 50/50, and 3 man contests and let the others make the mistakes.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

I don’t know how much stock you put into this, but perhaps this is noteworthy. The o/u lines have shifted significantly since yesterday:

NO/ORL opened at 210.5, and is now 202
    MIA/CHA opened at 204.5, and is now 194.5
    NY/BKY opened at 201.5, and is now 205.5
    ATL/CHI opened at 214, and is now 198(!)

Something to take into consideration, I suppose.

• tbguy27

Kemba may not play tonight. I like Whiteside mainly because he is playing for a loved one he just lost. I hope melo and Porzingis plays tonight

• frugal

@tbguy27 said...

Kemba may not play tonight. I like Whiteside mainly because he is playing for a loved one he just lost. I hope melo and Porzingis plays tonight

PG tonight is pretty thin. I need to hear an update on Kemba before totally fading him.

• Vanco

I know everybody was hoping to roster Elton Brand many many times this season but he’s retiring at the end of preseason.

• tbguy27

Kemba is looking like he is not playing tonight.

“”(player-popup)Kemba Walker”:/players/kemba-walker-13335 (knee) missed shootaround on Thursday, according to head coach Steve Clifford.
    Walker will have his knee examined on Thursday, but it is just a routine checkup according to Clifford. While this doesn’t sound like anything serious, we’ll keep an eye on news coming out of Walker’s checkup. Coming off a career-best season, Walker remains a solid target in the early rounds of fantasy drafts.”

• tbguy27

Man Brand retired??? man everyone from the early 2000’s are about gone

• tbguy27

Hassan Whiteside will play against the Hornets on Thursday.
    Whiteside had been away from the team due to the death of his great grandmother, but will return for Thursday’s preseason game against Charlotte. After averaging 14.2 points with 11.8 rebounds and 3.7 blocks on 60.6 percent shooting from the field last season, Whiteside comes into 2016-17 as a sure-thing first-round fantasy selection.

• Hamilreb

@deerosa said...

Milsap/Howard/Reed Death train stack…..

Went to the lakers game last night and Brandon Ingram needs to go on a cheeseburger Diet! WIsh I had him some though :(

Lin against the knicks should be a nice one as well.

I worry about playing Milsap and Howard. I think they take away production from each other. Milsap had only 7 shot attempts vs NO.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).