Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00pm New Orleans at Orlando
    7:00pm Miami at Charlotte
    7:30pm New York at Brooklyn
    8:00pm Atlanta at Chicago

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• mdenny13

Anyone like Terrance Jones tonight? I keep looking at him but hard to get away from Millsap and Porzingis

Also with that big shift in the Chicago/Atl o/u I wonder if they plan on resting any of the big names…Butler, Wade, Howard etc.

• jimmiegreens

Porzingis playing a B2B?

• tsouliot

@frugal said...

That’s not what I meant. I research and think out all my picks. I don’t ever blindly pick a player based on my gut. I only consistently play the DK Quarter arcade and never won, but I’ve more than tripled my initial DK deposit. I don’t see any way I could’ve done that by simply throwing darts.

No, I know what you meant, but if I put 3 hours of research into a lu or 30 minutes..outside of my chalk picks..the punts will decide wether or not your taking home the grand prize. I agree, making lineups to cash require research ontop of research but making that gpp winning lineup will sometimea go against what your research says

• frugal

@jimmiegreens said...

Porzingis playing a B2B?

Hoping not. O’Quinn starting would really free up some salary space.

• IronMonkey415

Maybe No Kemba?
    Back to the drawing board I go.

Lin and Rondo?
    Lin and Fraizer?

What to do..WHAT TO DO!!!!

• terrypercs

@slpanthers24 said...

Don’t you think you should wait until regular season starts before you say that? I read Gordon himself said he will have more freedom this year but it will take some time to get used to it. Maybe it’s him and not the coach right now.

I only said this because last time I played him, I was excited and even watched the game. Entire time he was standing in the damn corner like he shoots 40% from 3. Then when he was involved he was just forcing the ball in after a few moves.

EDIT: he screwed my whole lineup

• tonytone1908

LU construction on FD is kind of weird today. Some good value plays but they’re not necessary, you can pretty much fit anyone in. Seems like the perfect kind of “leave money on the table” days but you just know that winning LU will have AD with 10 FD pts at 70% ownership. There’s 5 other guys I’d rather use before AD. I just know if I play him he gets scratched 5 mins after lock or puts up single digits and it just kills me. I know it’ll force me to use my value guys I’d just have to hope they all go off.

• jess701

I was really impressed with watching prozingis play the tall man was everywere ,What my concern is do you think b2b games will lowere his game and minutes?

• zigger77

Why do people make up a rumour saying Kemba will sit? He went to get his knee checked up that’s ALL. There’s no reason for him not to play.

• williegivan11

@moped_jones said...

I had 287 and no cash. 289.4 was the minimum needed in the game I played.

Todas a new day!!

• tbguy27

What does everyone think of Marvin Williams sitting tonight??? that means Frank kaminski is starting

• tonytone1908

@jess701 said...

I was really impressed with watching prozingis play the tall man was everywere ,What my concern is do you think b2b games will lowere his game and minutes?

I’d be weary he gets the night off tonight honestly. They’ll take it safe with Zinger and Melo. Makes sense to rest one, then the other on B2B’s. If Zinger sits definitely fire up Melo.

• mikemaz13

RG Overall Ranking

My gut is telling me Budenholzer is gonna “Pop” us tonight .. Looked at last years final preseason game and he played 0 starters. Hopefully we get news before lock

• tonytone1908

@zigger77 said...

Why do people make up a rumour saying Kemba will sit? He went to get his knee checked up that’s ALL. There’s no reason for him not to play.

Exactly. Simply a checkup on his surgically repaired knee. Not like any procedures were done. Bend it this way, bend it that way, ok, looks good. Now it’s possible they see something they don’t like and tell him not to play but I doubt there’s anything wrong with him. His minutes have only gone up so far. He’s fine.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@zigger77 said...

Are you serious? There is a a ton of reasons why he shouldn’t play. It’s a preseason game man. I would be shocked if he played. Tell me one reason he should play if he missed practice/shoot around to get knee checked out? BTW I’m not the one who suggested he is sitting. I just think it’s very likely he might not play.

• BlackEgo32

@tbguy27 said...

What does everyone think of Marvin Williams sitting tonight??? that means Frank kaminski is starting

News broke out yesterday, he injured his left finger, one of them, and should sit tonight

• dstarr

Will there be a draftkings write up?

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@tonytone1908 said...

Exactly. Simply a checkup on his surgically repaired knee. Not like any procedures were done. Bend it this way, bend it that way, ok, looks good. Now it’s possible they see something they don’t like and tell him not to play but I doubt there’s anything wrong with him. His minutes have only gone up so far. He’s fine.

Just the fact that they can’t afford for him to miss any time and he is having his knee checked during shoot around is enough for me to fade him. Why wouldn’t he do it after shoot around if it was just a rountine checkup. Read between the lines boys.

• Alvy76

Any love for Goran Dragic for PG? I have been using him and he has been producing.. Also Tyler Johnson is a good pick too and he is PG eligible.

• zigger77

@slpanthers24 said...

Are you serious? There is a a ton of reasons why he shouldn’t play. It’s a preseason game man. I would be shocked if he played. Tell me one reason he should play if he missed practice/shoot around to get knee checked out? BTW I’m not the one who suggested he is sitting. I just think it’s very likely he might not play.

He’s getting his knee checked out not because it hurts in any way, but because it’s an annual check up after his knee surgery.

• S7ubs

@tonytone1908 said...

LU construction on FD is kind of weird today. Some good value plays but they’re not necessary, you can pretty much fit anyone in. Seems like the perfect kind of “leave money on the table” days but you just know that winning LU will have AD with 10 FD pts at 70% ownership. There’s 5 other guys I’d rather use before AD. I just know if I play him he gets scratched 5 mins after lock or puts up single digits and it just kills me. I know it’ll force me to use my value guys I’d just have to hope they all go off.

I think AD ownership may be kinda low due to his injury questions and his minutes

• sappercats

Chris Vivlamore ‏@CVivlamoreAJC 23h23 hours ago

Story: Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer expects full dress rehearsal vs. Bulls.

Also of note in this game, Kyle Korver and Doug McBuckets, Creighton alums, are playing in Omaha. Both min. priced on both sites.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@BlackEgo32 said...

News broke out yesterday, he injured his left finger, one of them, and should sit tonight

Not should. I believe he has been ruled out and re-evaluated on the 25th.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@zigger77 said...

He’s getting his knee checked out not because it hurts in any way, but because it’s an annual check up after his knee surgery.

lol are you somehow there? Annual checkup..lmao

• BlackEgo32

@frugal said...

I believe I fully disclosed I was a Mavs fan, if not I apologize as I typically do when talking Mavs to give guys a heads up of where I’m coming from. Maybe you’re right on DWill. I can’t see DWill completely falling off a cliff from last year to this especially since PArsons usage in the starting 5 from last year has to be split between the other 4 starters and Barnes is useless. I think if his price stays depressed, he’s going to win some folks big money on some nights. I was just premature in recommending him. These older guys don’t really get going until the season starts and they get acclimated to the minutes.

When fan goggles are put on. You bank on your guys through emotion instead analytical research. I’ve burned my self with picking Magic players in the past. Forcing myself to believe they will out perform their normal production. For example, I picked up Vooch in every preseason game and he killed me each time..I’m not to high on the Vooch/Ibaka pairing as I don’t like Vooch in the high post. Now, a Biyombo/Ibaka pairing is $$$$. Won a few hundred, when Biyombo started..

Moral of the story, take the home risk, goggles and emotion away from DFS..it will burn you down the road

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).