8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 12 ) at Houston ( -12 ) —- T: 214.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -9.5 ) at Chicago ( 9.5 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( -2 ) at New York ( 2 ) —- T: 205.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 9.5 ) at Miami ( -9.5 ) —- T: 213
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( 3.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -3.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 10.5 ) at Denver ( -10.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -5 ) at Utah ( 5 ) —- T: 200
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 12.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -12.5 ) —- T: 217.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tonytone1908

@Chip403 said...

All scoring and stats are derived live at each game by home teams scorekeeper and statatician. There should be no conflict amongst sites based off this, and in game stats are direct from that current games feed and live stat updates. I think DraftKings Live app, does a good job in keeping up with it. But the lag in terms of making final and verifying needs to come to a stop, I agree. Weird tonight, FanDuel credited me with my earnings around an hour ago, but during in game live, at one point they were about 15 mins behind on certain games, particularly GSW/Memphis. DraftKings, as always, very quick with live scoring, but has yet to credit my account with earnings made tonight.

My only assumption is that each site has their own direct feed to the stats sites and maybe servers are crashing here and there so some sites are getting the added stats coming in while others aren’t. As I said before I’ve seen ESPN gamecast crashing on games such as when the scores weren’t being updated in the PHO LAC game.

What I’m wondering is if each site gets like a ticker feed where it’s add a rebound, now add a steal to someone else, now add a turnover to someone in another game and they adjust those stats one at a time. Makes sense if they’re trying to keep up with the live stats.

However, maybe the connection is dropping for the sites and instead of whole stat totals being continually updated, the sites are just going by what comes in and are missing other stats when they’re server crashed or they lost connection.

Ideally they would just continually update each player’s stats in real time but I could see how that would be immensely more time and data and server increases and usage. At the very worst they could do a full update after each quarter.

Sorry, a little tipsy and just random thoughts in my head.

• tonytone1908

Dante Cunningham not available tomorrow?

• noddy

Made a profit tonight after losing last night. I have been awful at nba in the past. Hoping I can turn it around this year. Trying a new approach.

• moped_jones

@IronMonkey415 said...

0-7 night on fanduel for me.

Try again tomorrow.

I went 0 for 7 as well on FD. But have profited every night on DK. The sad thing is I like FD much better even though it seems I should be playing 100% DK.

• moped_jones

@noddy said...

Made a profit tonight after losing last night. I have been awful at nba in the past. Hoping I can turn it around this year. Trying a new approach.

Most of my “big” wins have come in the 2nd half of the season. I am hoping this year I can start winning in October and November….instead of March (my top 4 NBA scores are all from March 13th on).

Early on is hard b/c we won’t truly know rotations (or peoples’ roles) or Defense vs Position stats for a few more weeks.

• Vanco

If the goal of this was to get all your lineups between 260 and 270 I would be the champion. Another frustrating 0fer8 night.

• RogueGrinder

@Vanco said...

If the goal of this was to get all your lineups between 260 and 270 I would be the champion. Another frustrating 0fer8 night.

Post your lineup

• elmore0631

Just a tip that I’ve found successful.

Start with your value guys before playing any higher priced guys. So… insert your Barea (6x locks) before a Curry, Westbrook etc.

• moped_jones

@elmore0631 said...

Just a tip that I’ve found successful.

Start with your value guys before playing any higher priced guys. So… insert your Barea (6x locks) before a Curry, Westbrook etc.

I do multi-entry and that is one of strategies I do. It has worked fairly well on DK so far this year. I’m not off to the greatest start on FD though. But I typically get my bigger wins later on in the year. I was just hoping that I could snag a GPP early one before we get to the “they are who we thought they were” stage of the season.

• Vanco

@RogueGrinder said...

Post your lineup

Being a little hyperbolic, but 5/8 were in that range.
    Here’s a perfect example. 270 with RCov’s stinker, JVal’s injury, and Conley’s low score with Gasol takin over that game.

https://www.fanduel.com/games/21590/contests/21590-212310638/entries/1296062858/scoring

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).