8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 12 ) at Houston ( -12 ) —- T: 214.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -9.5 ) at Chicago ( 9.5 ) —- T: 201.5
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( -2 ) at New York ( 2 ) —- T: 205.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 9.5 ) at Miami ( -9.5 ) —- T: 213
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( 3.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -3.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 10.5 ) at Denver ( -10.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -5 ) at Utah ( 5 ) —- T: 200
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 12.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -12.5 ) —- T: 217.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• bigticket

Anyone watch the highlight reel on Brooks? This kid has game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY7ZHS-gabA

• DraftkENG

@keephustlincuz said...

Not sure how you avoid any exposure. He’s a lock for 22 minutes against either 86 year calderon or the corpse of dwade.

He’s 3k on FD.

Augustin is the perfect example of minutes not turning into points. Last year he averaged over 19 minutes a game (mainly going against reserves) put up about the following stats 8 ppg, 1.5 Rebounds, 2.7 assists. That’s what, 15 FP? No thanks. His job will be to play it safe, avoid turnovers, get the ball to Fournier, Gordon (if he plays), Vuc, T Ross.

• windsorpg

Yeah Magic fan here and I will not have any Augustin exposure. He will see minutes but won’t do anything with them. I prefer Fournier, Ross, Simmons at their prices and think they have a better chance at hitting value.

• gillio

@windsorpg said...

Yeah Magic fan here and I will not have any Augustin exposure. He will see minutes but won’t do anything with them. I prefer Fournier, Ross, Simmons at their prices and think they have a better chance at hitting value.

I don’t get this. He got 23 mins last game and put up 22 DKP which is 7x value, now he’ll see more minutes and he’s a horrible play? I have a whole lot of him. He’s a play at 3.1k we’re not expecting 30 out of him. If he gets 21 and gets you 7x value that is extremely good and if he puts up 15 you’re not done, so he’s a plug and play for me

• pn3

playing a bunch of dudes in the 2nd game of a back to back
    lets see how this turns out

• gaelicgirl

@DraftkENG said...

Augustin is the perfect example of minutes not turning into points.

Love your avatar. Season 4 Game of Zones was one of the funniest things I’ve seen all year.
    Anyone know who’s going to play C for the Pacers?

• windsorpg

@gillio said...

I don’t get this. He got 23 mins last game and put up 22 DKP which is 7x value, now he’ll see more minutes and he’s a horrible play? I have a whole lot of him. He’s a play at 3.1k we’re not expecting 30 out of him. If he gets 21 and gets you 7x value that is extremely good and if he puts up 15 you’re not done, so he’s a plug and play for me

I see he is only 3K on FD too.. I thought his price hiked up to 4.1 for some reason when I was looking at a website (must have been Simmons). At 3K I could see him hitting 5x. Maybe like 8 points, 2 assists, 1 board and a steal. That would be 5x at 3K and probably what I would expect from him in a game that projects to be a blowout. Actually a decent play on this slate, haha. Thanks for making me go back and look at his actual price.

• DraftkENG

@gillio said...

I don’t get this. He got 22 mins last game and put up 22 DKP which is 7x value, now he’ll see more minutes and he’s a horrible play? I have a whole lot of him

Other things to consider:
    1. His 22 DKP were against the NETS
    2. This will be a SEGABABA (Second game of a back to back) on the road, in “The Land”
    3. 10 game slate, lot’s of value elsewhere. You can build lineups that will get you more DK Points. 7 or 8x is awesome, but it’s still just 21 – 24 points. Tonight is the type of nigtht where your whole lineup can be 40+ for all your mid tiers, and 50+ for your studs. Suddenly even a “monster” performance on Augustin’s standards, let’s say 21-24 DK points is irrelevant. If he regresses to his mean (15 DK Points), then you’re really screwed. That’s why I don’t like him. It’s simply high risk, low reward.

• gim77us

RG Overall Ranking

Derozan Questionable with an illness

• JustWinBaby

Been at DK’s on and off since early morning working on 2night’s lineups. Just went back (12:00 pm central) and the bell up top was glowing orange. A winner! $300 big ones. Forgot the decimal point, sorry bout that.
    That’s $3.00 big ones.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Just my random thoughts here from a DK GPP perspective…

I’m fading RWB and Harden in favor of LeBron. I rarely play LBJ, but the Cavs have the 3rd highest total on the board currently (.5 pts behind Houston) and he destroyed Orlando last year with multiple triple doubles and will go way overlooked compared to the other studs. If Rose is out it only increases his value to me.

I’m currently going back and forth on whether I want more exposure to Griffin or ABC, as far as a second stud to have exposure too. Aminu is a great defender, which is giving me some pause, while LAC has a massive team total.

I somewhat understand the ownership fade on Barea, but he consistently has produced with a high ceiling for his price when given 25+ minutes like he should have tonight. Augustin is super safe and should easily get around 20-25 FP’s tonight, but I question the upside. I think I would rather pivot to someone like Jarrell Martin in that price range, who I’m guessing will have lower ownership, although I realize he plays a different position. Or TJ Leaf even.

TJ Warren is still way too cheap. I’ll continue to play him until DK bumps him up over 6.5k, especially in decent match ups like tonight.

Drummond is going to have a massive game once he has one with no foul trouble. I will continue to plug him in, because a 60 FP game is coming very soon and do not want to miss it. Stacking him with Reggie isn’t a bad low owned move.

As has been mentioned already, I really like James Johnson and to an extent Dragic with Whiteside out. Richardson, Olynyk, and Waiters all deserve a look too if you’re making several line ups.

Really like Conley. He usually thrives in pace up games.

• pn3

1 lineup between giannis or harden on dk
    worried about blowout potential in the dal/hou game and not much 4th quarter time for harden

• gillio

@DraftkENG said...

That’s why I don’t like him. It’s simply high risk, low reward.

I think you’re expecting too much out of a minimum priced punt play.. he’s a low risk play since he’s $3k

• PinchyBoy10

jj barea, brooks and james Johnson as the value plays. Can make a REALLY GOOD team with those cheap guys. also…. Olynyk going to play center for heat? Lots of rebounds and points up for grabs for the heat against the pacers which have allowed like what…125 per game?

• Vanco

Jordan is only 7.6 on DK against the Suns. Going to get all the boards. In fact, there’s a lot of good clippers I see. Sweet Lou off the bench is gonna crush. Score in this game is probably going to be 105-135

• NoLimits0

@Vanco said...

Jordan is only 7.6 on DK against the Suns. Going to get all the boards. In fact, there’s a lot of good clippers I see. Sweet Lou off the bench is gonna crush. Score in this game is probably going to be 105-135

Afraid this is an actual blowout. DJ and Blake don’t see the 4th. We talk about possible blowouts all the time, but the Suns are so pathetic I think something like what Portland did to them will happen. They are on b2b after losing to possibly the second worst team in the West in the Lakers.

There are so many good Cs at around DJs price I don’t need to take a chance with him in a blowout. Drummond, Gasol, Porzingis, Aldridge all are around that price. Aldridge might be in a blowout too but unlike DJ he’s the number 1 option and will get his.

• Vikes_nation

Thoughts on thad young tonight agaisnt heat with no whiteside.

• pn3

can reggie jackson get a 3rd strait 30+ dk day? only 5200 but memories of last year racing in my head

• bjacksonibew

@Vanco said...

How about some Teodisic???

• superjon

@windsorpg said...

Harden scares me because he might not see those valuable 4th quarter mins. They should be up by 25+ at half.

Games last season where Harden played 30 or fewer minutes.

4/10/2017 vs Clippers – Only had 24 minutes and 29.40 FD points in a loss. Can’t really count this one though as he was probably rested due to the playoffs being so close.

2/23/2017 vs Pelicans – Houston won by 30. Harden played 29 minutes and got 43.80 FD points.

2/11/2017 vs Phoenix – Won by 21. Played 29 minutes and got 51.20 FD points.

12/27/2016 vs DALLAS – Won by 16. Played 30 minutes and got 53.50 FD points.

12/26/2016 vs Phoenix – Won by 16. 30 minutes and 49 FD points.

12/14/2016 vs Sacramento – Won by 34. 30 minutes and 47.20 FD Points

12/7/2016 vs Lakers – Won by 39. 30 minutes and 52.20 FD points

Now if we don’t include that game in April (we shouldn’t), then he’s averaging a little over 49 FD points in games where he played 30 or fewer minutes.

So Harden should hopefully be good for a 50 point game, and in the off chance Dallas does keep it close, his ceiling is pretty damn high. I don’t know if he’s a must play, but with all of the value available, I can definitely see one or two of these 10k+ guys being in a winning line up.

Hope that helps

• Vanco

@bjacksonibew said...

Played him last where he got the start announced late and only played 21 minutes I think. If he goes back to the second unit and this does turn into a blowout might get to produce.

• windsorpg

@pn3 said...

can reggie jackson get a 3rd strait 30+ dk day? only 5200 but memories of last year racing in my head

He is on my PG list. Think he has solid upside for his price on both sites.

• gillio

Blake is the only Clipper I’d roster tonight. Blake is a 10k player this year, he’s underpriced tonight.

• DraftkENG

@Vikes_nation said...

Thoughts on thad young tonight agaisnt heat with no whiteside.

haha, I was ALL IN on Thad Young last night, and he (along with Oubre and Gortat) crippled me. Luckily, i built around Vucevic and Anthony Davis, so I doubled up, but It could have been so much more if it weren’t for Thad’s poor performance.

As for tonight, I’m avoiding Thad, so that means he’ll likely go off. When the entire basketball universe Zigs , Thad always Zags. Most frustrating fantasy player I can think of

• DraftkENG

@bjacksonibew said...

I love me some Milos, but that guard rotation is so clogged, it just brings the ceiling down for all of them, especially with Blake playing point forward, you can’t even bank on high assist numbers from Milos, Rivers, Bev, or Lou.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).