• Blogger of the Month

7:00pm Toronto at Washington
    7:30pm Philadelphia at Miami
    8:00pm Charlotte at Minnesota
    8:30pm Houston at San Antonio
    9:00pm Dallas at Denver
    10:00pm Phoenix at LA Lakers
    10:30pm Portland at Golden St

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• frugal

@jrrawlins said...

Devin Booker (ankle) will not play on Friday against the Mavs.
    It’s too bad for one of the most exciting teenagers in the NBA. Booker actually leads the NBA in preseason scoring per game thanks to his impressive 34-point gem from last weekend. The Suns seem to be ready to unleash him as a scorer, but his game doesn’t translate to fantasy as well as fellow sophomore D’Angelo Russell. Booker is an upside pick in the middle rounds.
    Source: Paul Coro on Twitter

Ummmm…pretty sure this is way old news as the Suns don’t play the Mavs tonight. Please validate source and dates before posting to avoid confusion.

EDIT: Confirmed from Oct 14th. Come on people!

• Bryant23

@jrrawlins said...

It’s too bad for one of the most exciting teenagers in the NBA. Booker actually leads the NBA in preseason scoring per game thanks to his impressive 34-point gem from last weekend. The Suns seem to be ready to unleash him as a scorer, but his game doesn’t translate to fantasy as well as fellow sophomore D’Angelo Russell. Booker is an upside pick in the middle rounds.

The Suns play LA today… Played the Mavs last Friday.

• dolphinkick182

@jrrawlins said...

Be careful with this one guys, may be some misinformation. This was originally tweeted out on Oct. 14th!

• reddraider1

Any chance we can talk about the games on-hand tonight, and not how good teams might/might not be this season? Just asking….

• frugal

@deerosa said...

This makes things a bit easier….

James Harden, Trevor Ariza, Eric Gordon and Clint Capela will all be rested on Friday vs. the Spurs.
    They have been playing heavy minutes in the preseason and deserve a night off, and they are not even traveling with the team. Harden has been borderline ridiculous during the preseason with averages of 29.0 points, 7.5 assists, 6.1 rebounds, 1.7 steals and 2.9 treys, making a strong case to be the top pick in fantasy this season. Tyler Ennis and Bobby Brown will get a look at point guard tonight.

Source: Jonathan Feigen on Twitter

On the flip side of this, will POP run his starting five against the D-League Rockets? If so for how long?

Huh. Ryan Anderson not on that list…

• deerosa

@JGun10 said...

@Cocomilk
    Draymond had his career high game in game 7, he is not and never will be a scorer. Its gonna be tough for him to even average 12-15 points this year. Playing with probably the 3 best shooters in the game, Dray won’t even have to shoot much and when he does it will be wide open shots.

Love Draymonds intensity. His decision making and quick fouls (with techs) is what kills the guy.

He had a great game 7 but they needed him most in game 6. Lebron knew what he was doing when he stepped over him…..

Let’s see how many techs he gets this year to jeopardize him for the playoffs.

• zigger77

@reddraider1 said...

Any chance we can talk about the games on-hand tonight, and not how good teams might/might not be this season? Just asking….

Its hard to really actually get into it without knowing minutes and who will and will not sit.

• zigger77

And to the person who posted the booker news from a week ago cmonnnn man.

• Captainblack84

That was last Friday. He should be fine against l
    LA tonight

• Captainblack84

That was last Friday. He should be fine against l
    LA tonight

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@deerosa said...

Love Draymonds intensity. His decision making and quick fouls (with techs) is what kills the guy.

He had a great game 7 but they needed him most in game 6. Lebron knew what he was doing when he stepped over him…..

Let’s see how many techs he gets this year to jeopardize him for the playoffs.

If Warriors fans were pissed at Draymond last year wait until KD shooting 3 for 19 in a crucial game gets them booted out the playoffs. People always rave about how great KD is but people never talk about how he constantly goes belly up in the playoffs.

I love the Warriors but I still think in seven games Cavs would best them. They play better defense, they are better at the rim, and more physical. Then there’s always the Lebron factor.

• Cocomilk

@JGun10 said...

@Cocomilk
    Draymond had his career high game in game 7, he is not and never will be a scorer. Its gonna be tough for him to even average 12-15 points this year. Playing with probably the 3 best shooters in the game, Dray won’t even have to shoot much and when he does it will be wide open shots.

lol no it wasn’t. He had almost 40 against Portland in the playoffs last year too. He’s a scorer if he wants to be or is needed to be. So much misinformation and dead money in this thread. Smh

• RetroJs23

anyways……back to the games TONIGHT……

• zigger77

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

If Warriors fans were pissed at Draymond last year wait until KD shooting 3 for 19 in a crucial game gets them booted out the playoffs. People always rave about how great KD is but people never talk about how he constantly goes belly up in the playoffs.

I love the Warriors but I still think in seven games Cavs would best them. They play better defense, they are better at the rim, and more physical. Then there’s always the Lebron factor.

KD will get open shots on this team though. In the playoffs last year in the games he did really really bad, alot of those shots were contested and or 1 on 1s. He wont always have to create his shot

• deerosa

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro Oct 18
    Suns practice-ending highlights: Booker underhanded driving alleyoop to Chandler; Chriss spins off Booker, passes to LB & tips in LB’s miss.

Sounds like booker had a good practice as well.

• tsouliot

The warriors might be the only team who realistically got worse by addition. Draymond looks lost out there just hovering around the 3pt line because kd wants the ball when he backs up his defenders with his size. A fully healthy team off full rest in a 7 game series, I take warriors before the durant signing than the warrios now if they were to play the cavs. If somethings isnt broke, dont fix it.

• DirkDigglerz

Who’s better Jusuf Nurkic or Jokic?

• jrrawlins

@Bryant23 said...

The Suns play LA today… Played the Mavs last Friday.

my bad… i meant to send this to someone else… i was having a private discussion about Booker..

• kdill30

yall are going to hate me for this… but what about nick young tonight?? luke walton was quoted saying hes probably been there best player of the preseason and played 30 minutes last game with the starters. at only 4.2k on dk theres not much risk and huge reward for him to help free up cap space for the warriors stack… i may not play him either but hes worth a look cause minutes = $$

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@zigger77 said...

KD will get open shots on this team though. In the playoffs last year in the games he did really really bad, alot of those shots were contested and or 1 on 1s. He wont always have to create his shot

Excuses. Keep in mind when they lost to LeBron in the finals they had Ibaka, Harden, Russ, and KD. KD already had a big four and couldn’t get the ring. I understand KD is a likeable guy but people need to stop making excuses for this man. KD and Russ let the Warriors come back from 3-1, with a team just as good as the Warriors, if not better. That’s the one thing I think people forget. The Thunder had a great season with a loaded team, not to mention they had TWO of the top five players in the NBA. Switch KD out with Lebron, do you think they would lose up 3-1?

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@kdill30 said...

yall are going to hate me for this… but what about nick young tonight?? luke walton was quoted saying hes probably been there best player of the preseason and played 30 minutes last game with the starters. at only 4.2k on dk theres not much risk and huge reward for him to help free up cap space for the warriors stack… i may not play him either but hes worth a look cause minutes = $$

I want some Swaggy P vs. the Suns last night for sure.

• zigger77

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

Excuses. Keep in mind when they lost to LeBron in the finals they had Ibaka, Harden, Russ, and KD. KD already had a big four and couldn’t get the ring. I understand KD is a likeable guy but people need to stop making excuses for this man. KD and Russ let the Warriors come back from 3-1, with a team just as good as the Warriors, if not better. That’s the one thing I think people forget. The Thunder had a great season with a loaded team, not to mention they had TWO of the top five players in the NBA. Switch KD out with Lebron, do you think they would lose up 3-1?

Im not making excuses for KD. Harden was not the same player as he is now when they had him, and Ibaka is not part of a big 4 or at least they didnt really treat him like one. Its not all on Durant shoulders that they came back 3-1. Lebron is better than KD, but so what? Lebron is the best player for the last 13 years.

• RetroJs23

@DirkDigglerz said...

Who’s better Jusuf Nurkic or Jokic?

Toss up for me on any given night..Im playing Nurkic tonight. Cant go wrong with either one if they both get a full work load which they should tonight.

• deerosa

@kdill30 said...

After watching him live I was impressed the other night.

Also watching Curry live is a thing of beauty. Just a pure stroke!

He is cheap but you may have to wait to see what Luke might say. I had Lou Williams playing that night but I wish I had some Swaggy P.

Also watching how professional the Warriors were during pre-game and shootarounds compared to the Lakers was like night and day……

• RetroJs23

Mark it down right now, I played against VanVleet in college and tonight is another night where he’s getting a bunch of minutes and leading the show for Toronto. Anyone else on Satoransky for tonight?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).