NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 6 ) at Toronto ( -6 ) —- T: 231.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 1 ) at LA Clippers ( -1 ) —- T: 227

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Anyone mention Josh Hart? He probably plays 28 minutes tomorrow

I’d guess 20-22.

• keephustlincuz

@Pandamonious said...

Start Ingram and Favors. Melli, Okafor and a little Kenrich Williams backing them up.

Figuring 33-35 for Ingram. 25-28 for Favors. Okafor maybe gets 15 minutes at C. Melli the other 8, and say 8-10 of the PF minutes.

Thank you panda. I trust your nba knowledge.

• monarch

Josh Hart, Pat Bev, OG core. Thank me later

• chrisbanas

Panda, are you leaning Ingram melli or okafor?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

@keephustlincuz said...

Thank you panda. I trust your nba knowledge.

Actually, Ingram will probably play some 3 too, but that’s roughly what I’d expect. Every extra minute Ingram doesn’t spend at PF will ultimately go to Melli though and maybe Kenrich.

It is hard to predict. Tomorrow morning I’ll end up looking around for any news on how NO will set up their rotation. Really all the teams have some question marks.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

Josh Hart, Pat Bev, OG core. Thank me later

Pat Bev and OG sure, but why Hart?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

@chrisbanas said...

Panda, are you leaning Ingram melli or okafor?

I lean those 3 in that order.

• gaelicgirl

@chrisbanas said...

Raptors are no joke on D and he’s a rookie in his first game.

Melli is only a rookie in the NBA, he’s played in the EuroLeague for years. I like him a lot.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Pat Bev and OG sure, but why Hart?

I was looking at their depth chart. He is a natural fit to back up three positions off the bench. He is as suited to defend Siakam as anyone they have. JJ Redick will fail quickly and he gets the inevitable blowout run with the rookie Alexander Walker

• chrisbanas

@monarch said...

I was looking at their depth chart. He is a natural fit to back up three positions off the bench. He is as suited to defend Siakam as anyone they have. JJ Redick will fail quickly and he gets the inevitable blowout run with the rookie Alexander Walker

Would expect Ingram to match up against Siakam

• keephustlincuz

@monarch said...

Spicy P 6’9 230 and hart 6’5 215

• monarch

@chrisbanas said...

Of course. That’s how they start out. I’m just saying Hart can step into the game theoretically at three different positions and provide a spark in the scoring department as well. He is their sixth man at the moment. Those are the types of plays we should look at, especially being that they cost 3200

• monarch

@keephustlincuz said...

I know.

The Pels dont match up with Siakam at all but Hart is one of their best options at doing so.

Certainly better than JJ Redick or Frank Jackson

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

I know.

The Pels dont match up with Siakam at all but Hart is one of their best options at doing so.

Certainly better than JJ Redick or Frank Jackson

Why are we suggesting and comparing guards manning up on Siakam? What’s happening?

Are you expecting Siakam to spend a lot of time at the 3 with Ibaka and Gasol on the floor together?

• chrisbanas

@monarch said...

Of course. That’s how they start out. I’m just saying Hart can step into the game theoretically at three different positions and provide a spark in the scoring department as well. He is their sixth man at the moment. Those are the types of plays we should look at, especially being that they cost 3200

I thought JJ was their sixth man? Doesn’t Jrue start at SG

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #65

RG Tiered Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

Is preseason usage rate even meaningful as a stat? Harden played 173 mins over 6 games (187 pts), Kawhi only played 33 mins over 2 games (20 pts), and LeBron played 79 mins over 4 games (59 pts). Preseason rotations are so different from regular season rotations, too. Do we just assume that usage rates remain the same?

I think it should be factored in to your decision making process. Most of the time starters are on the court with other starters and are running similar rotations to those in the regular season. Lebron and AD both had roughly a 28% usage rate this preseason. Unless a core player missed the whole preseason(Paul George) they are going to be very close. When PG comes back Kawhi’s rate will probably drop down to around 30%

Here is a look at last years preseason usage rate compared to the regular season usage rate for a few players

Lebron -Preseason 27.2% Regular Season 31.1%
    AD – Preseason 30.6% Regular Season 28.8%
    Jrue – Preseason 20.8% Regular Season 25.0%
    Kawhi Preseason 24.3% Regular Season 30.0%
    Siakam Preseason 22.8% Regular Season 20.5%
    Lowry Preseason 21.7% Regular Season 19.1%
    Pat Bev Preseason 12.9% Regular Season 12.0%
    Lou- Preseason 30.3% Regular Season 30.8%
    Harrell Preseason 21.6% Regular Season 22.7%

• tmarohl

@chrisbanas said...

Lonzo, Jrue, Redick, Favors, Ingram, is the projected starting lineup.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Why are we suggesting and comparing guards manning up on Siakam? What’s happening?

I know you watch NBA.

It’s not a stagnant station to station sport, especially with the Pelicans.

Transitions, screen.etc. players quite often get matched up with their non assigned assignment. It’s not youth basketball. Some teams…like the Rockets, switch every single opportunity.

What I am saying is Josh Hart is more suited to play this style vs the Raptors than JJ Redick (who started the other night) or any other guard or Jah type players the Pels have to offer and that could lead to a slightly higher minute projection than you or others may be accounting for

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

@chrisbanas said...

They’re supposed to start Ball-Jrue-Redick-Ingram-Favors. JJ was supposed to be their 6th man with Zion at PF and Ingram at SF.

• keephustlincuz

@chrisbanas said...

At least they are the same height and wing span. The 40 lbs could be a problem. I think you are right.

• gaelicgirl

@keephustlincuz said...

Melli 6’9” 235 lbs

• chrisbanas

Melli is seeming like a better play than Ibaka the more I’m on this forum

• monarch

OG and Stanley are probably going to play some PF tomorrow night. Those are fours that Hart can match up with. I’m making a case for the game going small which is in line with the O/U and no Zion

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

I know you watch NBA.

It’s not a stagnant station to station sport, especially with the Pelicans.

Transitions, screen.etc. players quite often get matched up with their non assigned assignment. It’s not youth basketball. Some teams…like the Rockets, switch every single opportunity.

What I am saying is Josh Hart is more suited to play this style vs the Raptors than JJ Redick (who started the other night) or any other guard or Jah type players the Pels have to offer and that could lead to a slightly higher minute projection than you or others may be accounting for

Maybe. I get what you’re saying. The size difference between him and Kenrich is negligible. I know Hart has some defensive skills, not sure where he compares to Kenrich. I just know Hart is capable of posting zilch in a stat line. We’ve seen it all from him. 30 minutes and 40 DK points, 30 minutes and 5 DK points.

I guess, I can say I see your argument, and want for exposure, but as a core piece that’s dicey. If he does go off though you’ll be sitting nice.

YOLO.

• gaelicgirl

@theIrrigator said...

Here is a look at last years preseason usage rate compared to the regular season usage rate for a few players

Lebron – Preseason 27.2% Regular Season 31.1%
    AD – Preseason 30.6% Regular Season 30.6%
    Jrue – Preseason 20.8% Regular Season 25.0%
    Kawhi Preseason 24.3% Regular Season 30.0%
    Siakam Preseason 22.8% Regular Season 20.5%
    Lowry Preseason 21.7% Regular Season 19.1%
    Pat Bev – Preseason 12.9% Regular Season 12.0%
    Lou- Preseason 30.3% Regular Season 30.8%
    Harrell Preseason 21.6% Regular Season 22.7%

Fantastic, thank you very much!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler