NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 6 ) at Toronto ( -6 ) —- T: 231.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 1 ) at LA Clippers ( -1 ) —- T: 227

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Honzerbonzer

Pels have to go small, so Gasol is out for me. Loading up on that game though. I think stacking that game with either LBJ/Davis is the play. Think LBJ does more to get others involved and Davis crushes. KCP is a sneaky tourney option, given the # of open shots he will get at his price. Thoughts?

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

I dunno. What happens if Gasol gets dinged or picks up three fouls in the 2nd Q. I think he plays more C than SF in today’s position less basketball, especially with RHJ unavailable

They have Ibaka though. Are you saying one of them is out and the other picks up 3 fouls? I guess they can play Siakam at C then, but naturally he should be in more SF “big” sets for Toronto than the other thing happening, which is one of them gets hurt and the other gets in foul trouble.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@Honzerbonzer said...

Pels have to go small, so Gasol is out for me.

Why do they have to go small? If they do, then I guess Melli mania really is happening lol.

• monarch

He is their third option at C tonight. I think he is more likely to play C vs the Pels than SF but probably just sticks to PF during his 36 minutes

• kbsktbll88

@Honzerbonzer said...

Pels have to go small, so Gasol is out for me. Loading up on that game though. I think stacking that game with either LBJ/Davis is the play. Think LBJ does more to get others involved and Davis crushes. KCP is a sneaky tourney option, given the # of open shots he will get at his price. Thoughts?

Agreed about Gasol, I’m staying away from him. I think Ibaka will get more minutes.

• JSteele

• monarch

@thedkexperience said...

What’s the deal with OG? He’s the starter, right?

Yes…he is a low key break out candidate

• I can tell you im playing lbj ad 100% in the big tourneys. Think lakers are gonna beat the clippers up in the paint tonight, so dwight and or javale gotta be in play.

• noddy

How many minutes is Normal Powell projected for?

• chrisbanas

SF is interesting. You can go many ways but I tnink siakam and OG is the best way. Siakam is in a crush spot and OG seems certain to get 7x+ value. Save the money with OG instead of spending for ingram and use that money elsewhere

• monarch

Regarding Lou Will. I dont think it will be optimal tonight to go just Lou without Harrell. If Lou gets his then that means Harrell is eating as well. Harrell can be played without Lou Will though if that makes sense

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

He is their third option at C tonight. I think he is more likely to play C vs the Pels than SF but probably just sticks to PF during his 36 minutes

Against the Pelicans? Yea for sure. But later on when they play teams with two bigs + a large SF (Lebron/AD/McGee or Howard) or the Knicks (Morris/Randle/Robinson or Knox/Portis/Taj in there) playing 3-5, they will move Siakam to SF or even a team like the Bulls who have a SF that is more of a bigger SF/PF combo like Otto Porter Jr.

They might be doing some experimenting with Siakam/Ibaka/Gasol lineups too just for fun to test it out.

• monarch

@superstars92 said...

Against the Pelicans? Yea for sure. But later on when they play teams with two bigs + a large SF (Lebron/AD/McGee or Howard) or the Knicks (Morris/Randle/Robinson or Knox/Portis in there) playing 3-5, they will move Siakam to SF.

Then DK will simply change it. FD is the one that struggles with figuring this out. They will probably have him at shooting guard and Lowry at PF at some point

• dominicanpapi

@chrisbanas said...

SF is interesting. You can go many ways but I tnink siakam and OG is the best way. Siakam is in a crush spot and OG seems certain to get 7x+ value. Save the money with OG instead of spending for ingram and use that money elsewhere

Are you talking FD? Yeah, this is where I’m leaning towards. The issue for me is it’s probably not the optimal route to pair LBJ and AD, especially because PF is razor thin. I want to play Kawhi but which Kawhi is going to show up? It’s Game 1 of 82, no George….IDK…he could take over, he could not. Give me Spicy P at 8K who I know will get the minutes and will probably produce.

• ScofieldReturns

@tmarohl said...

We were all winning during preseason NBA, where were you?

Haha good for you guys. I’ve never played preseason, seemed like a crapshoot

• thedkexperience

@monarch said...

Yes…he is a low key break out candidate

I recall him having a few big games when Kawhi rested. Since Kawhi will be eternally resting for Toronto figure he may see a production jump.

• gaelicgirl

@Njsum1 said...

I could be wrong yet I think people might be overplaying FVV. Won’t he see a lot of Jrue and he won’t be the primary ball handler. I think people are overlooking Lowry for 6800.

I think it depends where you’re playing. I like Lowry, but he’s $7.6k on FD so not as easy to fit in.

• tmarohl

Is this the kind of D we can expect from Lebummer this year?

https://gfycat.com/honoredabandonedgelada-basketball

• Slate breaker

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

Kawhi has to guard LeBron right? Otherwise, the matchups will be all messed up. Unless they plan on putting Beverely on LeBron…

• monarch

Who do we think Bron guards? I’m guessing its Beverly

• BerkeleyBoss

Raptors rotation gonna be pretty tight tonight?

Lowry
    VanVleet — Powell
    Anunoby — Johnson
    Siakam
    Gasol — Ibaka

Who else plays?

• monarch

@superstars92 said...

Kawhi has to guard LeBron right? Otherwise, the matchups will be all messed up. Unless they plan on putting Beverely on LeBron…

I bet we see a lot of Mo Harkless. Nice sleeper option

• kbsktbll88

Will Guillory @WillGuillory
    11m

Nickeil Alexander-Walker said he had around 60 ticket requests for his first game back in Canada. He said he expects everyone from family to his 1st grade teacher to be in the building.

Now that’s a juicy narrative for tonight

• tmarohl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Raptors rotation gonna be pretty tight tonight?

Lowry
    VanVleet — Powell
    Anunoby — Johnson
    Siakam
    Gasol — Ibaka

Who else plays?

FVV will also lead the second unit part of the time when Lowry is out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.