NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 6 ) at Toronto ( -6 ) —- T: 231.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 1 ) at LA Clippers ( -1 ) —- T: 227

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@kbsktbll88 said...

I’m surprised Clippers are a 1 point favorite right now with no Paul George. I was actually thinking they might get blown out.

They still have Kawhi, Sweet Lou, Montrezl. They will be fine.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Lots of guys I have heard of waived today.
    Ivan Rabb – Memphis
    Miles Plumlee – Memphis
    Jarell Martin – Cleveland
    Cameron Payne – Toronto
    Tyler Zeller – Denver

FD still describes Cameron Payne as the third PG option behind Lowry and VanVleet. If they’re going to provide player info, they really should keep it updated so as not to mislead customers who might not follow the news.

• gaelicgirl

@kbsktbll88 said...

I’m surprised Clippers are a 1 point favorite right now with no Paul George. I was actually thinking they might get blown out.

Lakers were 2 point favorites when I checked Bovada this morning.

• kbsktbll88

@tmarohl said...

They still have Kawhi, Sweet Lou, Montrezl. They will be fine.

I’m sure they’ll be fine, but I wouldn’t take them to beat the Lakers.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

Lakers should be more favorited imo given they are the “true home team”

• gaelicgirl

Bad news for Awesomo fans. “The Lakers say that Alex Caruso underwent additional testing and it confirmed he has a bone contusion (pelvis) and his status is day-to-day.” – Dave McMenamin

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Bad news for Awesomo fans. “The Lakers say that Alex Caruso underwent additional testing and it confirmed he has a bone contusion (pelvis) and his status is day-to-day.” – Dave McMenamin

I didn’t know McMenamin was allowed to report anything non Lebron related.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I don’t think Caruso is going to play much this year anyway, except for Lebron load management games. Have to figure Point Lebummer, with Rondo backing him up.
    Could also be Rondo starting at PG, with Quinn cook behind him, with Lebron SF with Kuzma behind him when he is ready.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

My excitement for Tuesday just quintupled after another lousy NFL Sunday. I’ll never figure that sport out.

• Russthabus26

@tmarohl said...

As excited as I am for the season, I will probably go really light on FD, maybe 5 entries or so on opening night. I don’t understand why they have these huge prize pools on FD for a two game slate. There will be a ton of people mass entering, and on a two game slate, the top prizes will probably be chopped 75 – 100 ways with ties. You can pretty much reduce the 60 person player pool down to about 36, and have a very good chance of hitting the winning combination.

You keep saying this and it is a possibilty. However 75-100 is probably a giant exaggeration. Maybe 10 maybe 20 maybe none. Don’t play if you don’t want but assuming that many ties is crazy.

• Moszman

Just do cash ($2 double ups mainly) so who are we looking at for cash locks?? Haven’t watched a minute of preseason stuff.

• Wrx_guy

Siakam with the new extension he just signed.. Lock and load

• tmarohl

@Russthabus26 said...

You keep saying this and it is a possibilty. However 75-100 is probably a giant exaggeration. Maybe 10 maybe 20 maybe none. Don’t play if you don’t want but assuming that many ties is crazy.

I wish there was a way to show you two years ago results. It was a lot. Last year was a little different because of the drop the score format.

Last year, first place was split 3 ways. 2nd place 37 ways,

In 2017 – First place was split 9 ways.

So yeah, I guess I remembered wrong. The overall point is ties like that don’t typically happen on FD in slates with more than 2 games.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

My excitement for Tuesday just quintupled after another lousy NFL Sunday. I’ll never figure that sport out.

I took a football bath as well. Now that NBA will be starting I can forget about NFL.

• Russthabus26

@tmarohl said...

I wish there was a way to show you two years ago results. It was chopped 75 to 100 times. Last year was a little different because of the drop the score format.

Very true which is why i didn’t bring up last year. I certainly won’t be shocked at 75 ties i just think it’s high. Lot up in the air presently regarding the Lebrons. I mean Lakers.

• Russthabus26

@tmarohl said...

I wish there was a way to show you two years ago results. It was chopped 75 to 100 times. Last year was a little different because of the drop the score format.

9 ties 44k a piece. I’ll take that. Again 75 seems super high.

2 years ago ^

• tmarohl

@Russthabus26 said...

9 ties 44k a piece. I’ll take that. Again 75 seems super high.

2 years ago ^

Yeah, I figured out how to go back and look at past contests. Edited my post above. Lots of splits, but not as bad as I thought. Overall point is though that they should save these big contests for slightly larger slates.

• Russthabus26

@tmarohl said...

Yeah, I figured out how to go back and look at past contests. Edited my post above. Lots of splits, but not as bad as I thought. Overall point is though that they should save these big contests for slightly larger slates.

That i agree with. They run the 4 dollar back wednesday and thursday at least with 100k to 1st. Not the 250k. Still will draw casuals with that kind of chance.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

Its tough to build a lineup you like on FD. I originally felt like you just start every lineup with Leonard and Davis, but you can definitely make a unique lineup fading Leonard

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

Its tough to build a lineup you like on FD. I originally felt like you just start every lineup with Leonard and Davis, but you can definitely make a unique lineup fading Leonard

My initial builds have faded both Kawhi and Lebron. I think there is more value in Ingram, Siakam and OG at SF.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

My initial builds have faded both Kawhi and Lebron. I think there is more value in Ingram, Siakam and OG at SF.

Yeah thats the route I went Siakam/Ingram. Leonard will be like 80%. PF I went AD/Ibaka, which should be the chalk. I have to decide what I want to do with Melli. Im sure sweet Lou will be chalk. Jrue is too expensive I think. No one really stands out at PG and C

• gaelicgirl

@theIrrigator said...

Very tough. At the moment I’ve got the dynamic duo of Lou and Montrezl instead of Kawhi, but he could rack up multiple steals against the Lakers and this construction forces me to use Harrell at C

This will require more thought

• NoLimits0

On DK you have to play Okafor for value?

• harperera

I’m sure this has been asked already but will draftkings have late swap for nba this year?

• tmarohl

@NoLimits0 said...

On DK you have to play Okafor for value?

Is that a statement or a question? I think Melli who is cheaper than Okafor is a better value, and has more route to playing time. I can’t believe how cheap some of these guys are on DK. OG is only $3900 and has SF and PF eligibility. Jamichael may start for Clips and is only $3,800. Avery Bradley may start for Lakers and has PG/SG eligibility and is only $4,100. FVV is the value of the slate at only $4,800.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler