NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 6 ) at Toronto ( -6 ) —- T: 231.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 1 ) at LA Clippers ( -1 ) —- T: 227

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• monarch

I’m seeing a 27 DK projection for JaVale. Is that a little high?

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@tmarohl said...

Those two together is OK, adding another max price guy is what puts it in the toilet for cash, unless all the punts work.

You think playing two 10k priced guys that play on the same team is ok? If you say so…..

• JTAx33

@thedude404 said...

Yes. Put it this way. How likely are both to hit their target fantasy points being on the court at the same time? Both of their usage numbers are down in the pre-season. You’d have an easier time finding two players at those respective positions that will have a better chance at EXCEEDING expectations, and then adjust the rest of your lineup accordingly.

FWIW, which might not be much, I think them both scoring 60 is very very reasonable,

• Bodiaz36

Imagine the glee of the folks who didn’t roster Davis if he heads to the locker room early, haha

• tmarohl

@thedude404 said...

You think playing two 10k priced guys on the same team is ok? If you say so…..

I wouldn’t do it, but the original poster had Lebron, Kawhi, and AD in the same lineup, and filling with scrubs. I think on DK you could probably get away with the two stud approach tonight, but like I said, I wouldn’t do it.

• Ace15

@Agent47 said...

Just imagine what this forum will be like later tonight if he heads to the locker room in the first quarter for some kind of ailment. My goodness haha…

I’m basically 100% AD. I will go into fetal position and ponder life if it happens lol. Also, yes i think you can play Bron and AD together because it’s a 2 game slate.

• rgreuli

waiting for this tweet

8:07 PM Pacific Time – Anthony Davis headed to the locker room and he will not return.

• Agent47

@JTAx33 said...

Why do I have the feeling that Lowry will be criminally under-owned? He was under 33 DK once last year in the 22 games he played without Kawhi, and went over 40 13 times (5 games over 50). Now he’s opening the season in an ultra-pace up game, yet nobody is talking about him

I hope he is under-owned though I doubt it on a 2-game slate. I plan on having lots of him tonight.

• Bodiaz36

This Rondo business is a bit of B.S. I think the Lakers have an idea if he’s playing or not. He’s still good enough where if he plays, he could dramatically alter the landscape of a 2-game slate imo

• tmarohl

@Bodiaz36 said...

This Rondo business is a bit of B.S. I think the Lakers have an idea if he’s playing or not. He’s still good enough where if he plays, he could dramatically alter the landscape of a 2-game slate imo

Point Lebron isn’t giving up his minutes to Rondo.

• Ace15

@rgreuli said...

waiting for this tweet

8:07 PM Pacific Time – Anthony Davis headed to the locker room and he will not return.

Worse.

8:07 PM Pacific Time – Water leaking from roof of Staples Center. Game called off due to puddles on court.

DK/FD – No Refunds. Slate goes on.

• thedude404

@tmarohl said...

I wouldn’t do it, but the original poster had Lebron, Kawhi, and AD in the same lineup, and filling with scrubs. I think on DK you could probably get away with the two stud approach tonight, but like I said, I wouldn’t do it.

I guess I’m taking a wait and see approach of how Lebron and Davis play together. I wasnt even going to play the 1st week of NBA but here I am.

• JustDFSin

@Bodiaz36 said...

Imagine the glee of the folks who didn’t roster Davis if he heads to the locker room early, haha

Davis is the only player in DFS fantasy history that you legitimately think about him getting hurt and leaving in every game he plays. Its like a form of DFS PTSD. The moment he exits the game the thought of did he get hurt pops up in peoples minds or if he takes a long time to reenter. Not only being injured but being sick as well.

• thedude404

@Ace15 said...

Worse.

8:07 PM Pacific Time – Water leaking from roof of Staples Center. Game called off due to puddles on court.

It would just be one day of the 6 month NBA season. No big deal. I guess I look at things differently than most though.

• Bodiaz36

I’m not saying he is, all I’m saying is that I’d rather have Rondo than Shamet and possibly FVV, if I were certain he was playing. He can still rack up the assists, even in 20 mins

• kbsktbll88

@Bodiaz36 said...

I’m actually not completely sold on Siakam quite yet. I know he’s coming off a big year, and with a new contract, but I think it’s Kyle Lowry team now. Siakam might let a few folks down tonight

No way. Siakam is absolutely the man for them now. He’s walking into the locker room tonight like..

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

No, that is probably an optimal approach for today.

Really? I thought it was never optimal to have 4 players from the same team.

• leeg9685

What FD center even has the highest ceiling?

• Bodiaz36

Haha we will see. That actually does resemble Siakam a bit

• Element828

I agree with the Siakam comments. I think Lowry will have a good game but I would rather pay down to FVV at that position. They said they want Siakam to take more of the lead role and I think we see that tonight. When he has confidence he can get 45+ fpts

• tonytone1908

@tmarohl said...

Point Lebron isn’t giving up his minutes to Rondo.

this is what I’m thinking. How many minutes would Rondo, or whoever the backup PG is actually get? Would they even spend time on the court together?

• skankinmat

@chrisbanas said...

One of these five are going to crush value and be in the winning lineup: Okafor, OG, Melli, Powell, KCP. Question is who will be that one. I have my money on Okafor

Don’t forget Zubac on FD who can rack up fps even in a short period.

• tonytone1908

@Ace15 said...

Worse.

impossible. you need 2 games.

• Bodiaz36

I hope so,he’s tough. But it’s kind of imperative he gets to 40+ fpts to justify playing him

• gaelicgirl

@JustDFSin said...

Its like a form of DFS PTSD

LOL

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.