7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 2.5 ) at Washington ( -2.5 ) —- T: 228
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -1 ) at Philadelphia ( 1 ) —- T: 230
    7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 6.5 ) at Boston ( -6.5 ) —- T: 219
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 2 ) at Houston ( -2 ) —- T: 223
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 7 ) at Chicago ( -7 ) —- T: 222
    9:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 7.5 ) at Denver ( -7.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( -5.5 ) at Sacramento ( 5.5 ) —- T: 225.5
    10:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( (Pick) ) at LA Lakers ( (Pick) ) —- T: 221

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

Several front end of back to backs tonight.

Spurs
    Indiana
    Bulls
    Cav’s
    Pacers
    Pelicans
    Suns
    Raptors

• caleb21scott

@tmarohl said...

Neither Ball is currently projected with Chalky ownership. On DK Lamelo at 7.3%. Lonzo less than 3% SGA 31.3%

On FD SGA is around 29%, and both Balls are less than 9%.

That is why your pivot off of “Chalkie Ball” to SGA, did not make sense to me.

I think Lamelo comes in somewhere around 15-22%. Rozier coming back will take shots from everyone butt melo. Melo will get his regardless of who is on the floor and he is the primary ball handler

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Several front end of back to backs tonight.

Spurs
    Indiana
    Bulls
    Cav’s
    Pacers
    Pelicans
    Suns
    Raptors

Front end of B2B talk. Beal questionable. Embiid questionable. We’re in mid-season form.

Can’t say they don’t matter. Still not going to worry about them this early into the season. Especially when most those teams can’t afford to coast. I could see Cavs just not playing Love one of those two games though.

• tmarohl

@realphipps said...

What I remember the most about last year’s playoffs was how much it hurt watching the 76ers. Not the cringeworthy play of Simmons. Or the outcomes of the games. But watching Embiid was tough. Like I physically hurt watching him play. Dude was on one leg, was clearly in a ton of pain each trip up and down the court…

And all he did was dominate. Game after game. Barely came off the court.

I poked fun at Embiid’s DNPs for a few years on this board, but not anymore. I don’t care how many regular season games dude misses, I won’t question his toughness ever again.

I have a 180 degree different take on Embiid’s “toughness” than you do apparently.

• realphipps

Panda,

Does 80% of the NBA take off opening week Saturday as well, or do they wait until the second week of their employment obligations to put it on weekend cruise?

Doing some prelim research for tomorrow’s losses.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Front end of B2B talk. Beal questionable. Embiid questionable. We’re in mid-season form.

Can’t say they don’t matter. Still not going to worry about them this early into the season. Especially when most those teams can’t afford to coast. I could see Cavs just not playing Love one of those two games though.

I’m thinking in advance to tomorrow. Like the Bucks getting to play the Spurs after they play at altitude tonight. Like Miami getting to play the Pacers tomorrow, etc.

• Pandamonious

@realphipps said...

Panda,

Does 80% of the NBA take off opening week Saturday as well, or do they wait until the second week of their employment obligations to put it on weekend cruise?

Doing some prelim research for tomorrow’s losses.

I think it starts early. It actually thins out as the season progresses.

The combination of the amount of games Friday night, causes a slew of B2B’s on Saturday, then players needing their “me” time on Friday nights, that they grew accustomed too in the offseason lead to the Saturday hangovers.

• realphipps

@tmarohl said...

I have a 180 degree different take on Embiid’s “toughness” than you do apparently.

If you watched those playoff games, and I know you did, then yes, we have very different takes on toughness and pain tolerance. Especially when you contrast that with someone like Khris Middleton who apparently may have needed a rest last night, on his second day back in the office, after a two month vacation. Kinda the same story here with Embiid, just back to work. But I give them a pass. It’s regular season. They’ll play when the big boy games start.

I’m not embellishing when I say I felt physical pain in my knee watching Embiid play all those games (it was many). Old ACL injury in high school.

For me personally, it was like watching a gore movie kinda. Lots of cringing.

• tmarohl

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    7m
    Bradley Beal (hip/groin) trending towards out on Friday.

• tmarohl

@realphipps said...

If you watched those playoff games, and I know you did, then yes, we have very different takes on toughness and pain tolerance. Especially when you contrast that with someone like Khris Middleton who apparently may have needed a rest last night, on his second day back in the office, after a two month vacation.

I’m not embellishing when I say I felt physical pain in my knee watching Embiid play all those games (it was many). Old ACL injury in high school.

For me personally, it was like watching a gore movie kinda. Lots of cringing.

I think he does it to himself. Guy can’t even take an uncontested jump shop without flailing to the ground. That is why his knees always hurt. Trying to get up off the floor constantly.

• dominicanpapi

If Beal is out, play all the Kuz. That kids not afraid to shoot. Dinwiddie I’m a little concerned about because the minutes were not where I thought it’d be.

• Pandamonious

@tmarohl said...

I think he does it to himself. Guy can’t even take an uncontested jump shop without flailing to the ground. That is why his knees always hurt. Trying to bet up off the floor constantly.

Right. When you’re hurt all the time like he is, at what point do you give him credit for playing? He’s been babied through everything his entire career, and been hurt his whole career. He wasn’t that great in the playoffs either when it mattered. He had a couple bad TO’s down the stretch in game 7 against the Hawks, before and I believe after the Simmons should of dunked, but passed botched play that lead to all of this. OK , so Embiid has the excuse he was hurt and he’s a hero for playing through it. Yet, again why is Embiid hurt all the time? Maybe he needs to take better care of his health by doing things besides “resting” all the time.

Again, no accountability and pass the blame.

• NarrowJ

Someone fill me in on this Saturday night NBA thing. What data points are we talking here? If its really a thing, and not a joke, how does one approach Saturdays different than any other day?

• siddom

Kuzmania!

• tmarohl

Kuzma chalk, what possibly can go wrong?

• Pandamonious

@dominicanpapi said...

If Beal is out, play all the Kuz. That kids not afraid to shoot. Dinwiddie I’m a little concerned about because the minutes were not where I thought it’d be.

I would think Avdija and KCP would be good “value” as well?

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Holiday

• Pandamonious

@NarrowJ said...

Someone fill me in on this Saturday night NBA thing. What data points are we talking here? If its really a thing, and not a joke, how does one approach Saturdays different than any other day?

Wait until an hour before tip to look at anything.

I can’t say what will happen, but last season, and I believe the season before, a lot of guys sat out Saturday’s. It started early. There’s no certainty of it being the same this season.

• tmarohl

@NarrowJ said...

Because Saturday is often the second game of a back to back. You get more shenanigans on the front end and back end’s with load management. Maybe not so much in week 1, but come about week 4, it is a real thing.

• Pandamonious

@tmarohl said...

Holiday

Maybe. His minutes were behind the other two though. They’re all roughly the same price. Do I want 20 minutes of Holiday or 30 minutes of Avdija or KCP?

• DirkDigglerz

Welp forced to used Kuzma

• dominicanpapi

@Pandamonious said...

Probably KCP yeah, Deni is still coming off an injury from last season.

I expect Neto to start, he’s another one. Team and staff love him. I only reserved entries so I haven’t checked prices on FD but if he’s anywhere near the minimum or even low to mid 4K I think he’s good value. I also expect Kispert to get playing time but he’s a fringe play.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Maybe. His minutes were behind the other two though. They’re all roughly the same price. Do I want 20 minutes of Holiday or 30 minutes of Avdija or KCP?

Personally, I would rather have 20 minutes of Holiday. Not to mention, it is against his old team.

• Pandamonious

@tmarohl said...

Personally, I would rather have 20 minutes of Holiday.

Interesting. I understand the argument that Holiday’s ceiling would be similar, but his floor in that scenario is certainly lower.

Avdija had some big games last year when Westbrook/Beal were out. Like he played timid with them in, but when there were no stars on the court he decided to play his game.

Kuzma? You mean Neto.. who was alaays the chalk and main beneficiary when Beal was out last year. Neto-Fever! Can’t believe I gotta play this fn Neto now

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).