NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 3.5 ) at Detroit ( -3.5 ) —- T: 214.5
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 7.5 ) at Houston ( -7.5 ) —- T: 210.5
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 6.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -6.5 ) —- T: 205
    8:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 2.5 ) at San Antonio ( -2.5 ) —- T: 205.5
    8:30 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Washington ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 222.5
    10:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 1.5 ) at Phoenix ( -1.5 ) —- T: 210

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

moved into a tie for 14th….hopefully everything is done now.

• Kamais_Ookin

Off topic question but I was wondering for my team that placed 50th, If I made 20 duplicates of that team would I keep getting the same prize reward for each one? I’ve seen people do “trains” like that but want to confirm how the payout structure works in that regard.

• rebkell

@Kamais_Ookin said...

Off topic question but I was wondering for my team that placed 50th, If I made 20 duplicates of that team would I keep getting the same prize reward for each one? I’ve seen people do “trains” like that but want to confirm how the payout structure works in that regard.

Yes, you would, if you cross a moneyline, you would just add up how many above times that payout + how many below times that payout to get your total.

• bigperm0107

I am not a pro but i believe that in a case like that you would get from 50th to 70th place winnings. ok, never mind. I don’t know anything. lol

• Kamais_Ookin

@rebkell said...

Yes, you would, if you cross a moneyline, you would just add up how many above times that payout + how many below times that payout to get your total.

Thanks!

• Ho0ps1993

Hey guys I’m new to the fantasy basketball and one of the guys I’m playing with wants to trade giannis for westbrook and klove. Is it worth it?

• chronoxiong

Won all my 50/50s even with the lame Dillon Brooks play but that’s because he was 50% owned in all my cash games. So got lucky there. Really getting frustrated at the SF position again. Been getting killed by them a lot so far during this young season. I’m still looking for a nice cash like last Wednesday and Thur but hope I pick it up again. Winning cash games is better than nothing.

• madmanjayWV

@Brian7479 said...

Lou Williams or Evan Turner?

OR terry rozier?

• pn3

@Brian7479 said...

Lou Williams or Evan Turner?

sweet lou

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

Waking up to finishing tied for third place of the $33 Return to the Court is an amazing feeling. Probably my 4th ot 5th time playing an NBA gpp over $10 and everything came together. Been on best heater of DFS life last 2 weeks and it culminated last night finishing with 336 points and tied for 3rd winning $12,500. I hardly ever play a gpp over $8 so I have to really finish high to ever hit a score like that. I may need to move out of my bantamweight status and attack larger buy ins, lol.

Put same lu in the big $4 and it finished in 60th place there for another $300.

Thanks to those who wished me luck last night. Wish I was awake to see it to the end.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@yountingly said...

Waking up to finishing tied for third place of the $33 Return to the Court is an amazing feeling. Probably my 4th ot 5th time playing an NBA gpp over $10 and everything came together. Been on best heater of DFS life last 2 weeks and it culminated last night finishing with 336 points and tied for 3rd winning $12,500. I hardly ever play a gpp over $8 so I have to really finish high to ever hit a score like that. I may need to move out of my bantamweight status and attack larger buy ins, lol.

Thanks to those who wished me luck last night. Wish I was awake to see it to the end.

Congrats! Always great to see forum regs take something down!

• noddy

@yountingly said...

Congrats!!!!

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

I almost didn’t use the ticket I won from Nascar Sunday last night because of the whole “using it right away” but I work until 9pm est 2-3 nights a week so my 2 close friends I chat dfs about daily thru text thread said since I’m on a heater, if I feel good about picks to just go for it last night since I was home so I entered it around 645pm with my last lu of the night with my “best” plays. I knew it was a little chalky but thought I had a couple of plays to make me different but 2 user names I never heard had the same lu so I guess it was too chalky but you know how people say, chalky is sometimes good. It worked out and I’m not complaining.

IT was like the lottery, lol. A ticket and a dream. Well, were are going to Disney with the kids this winter and were talking last about cutting a couple of things due to cost but now we might add things, lol.

• Jaseboyhyde

MAN congratulations!
    Make sure to withhold some of your money for taxes if it isn’t taken out automatically. I’m not positive how that works as I generally donate!
    Great job!
    What was your lineup?

• mark83vt

@Jaseboyhyde said...

MAN congratulations!
    Make sure to withhold some of your money for taxes if it isn’t taken out automatically. I’m not positive how that works as I generally donate!
    Great job!
    What was your lineup?

They’ll tax you on your annual net earnings, so wins – losses on the year. You can cash out all of it, they don’t withhold any, but you definitely need to report it and hang on to 40% (or whatever) for tax purposes.

• mark83vt

Not to sound like an advertisement for the site, but I used just the free RG lineup tools for the 2nd time last night (first time really digging into them) and 6 of the 6 lineups I put together with those tools finished in the money on the big GPP. The lowest score of the 6 was 295 and the best was 330 (on FD). The only 2 lineups that didn’t finish in the money were the 2 I put together on my own.

Maybe it was just dumb luck one night, but usually when I use lineup tools or projections it ends up horribly. I’m going to try the same strategy tonight and see how it goes.

• jwq14

I seem to always get close but yet so far away. Finished 622 place out of 119k entries in the $4 entry with 331 points. I was really hoping the pho/sac game would have went into overtime and maybe i could have climbed a little bit higher but maybe one day ill get there.

• JustDFSin

@yountingly said...

Go spend some of that on your woman. It will pay off later if you need to spend more time researching than usual

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #45

RG Tiered Ranking

@JustDFSin said...

Go spend some of that on your woman. It will pay off later if you need to spend more time researching than usual

We are going to Disney this winter with kids so this will certainly help

I’ve already had money aside for taxes since up a decent amount this year but now I really need to set aside more .

Lu was Delaney booker Giannis porter Howard Simmons Collins and j Richardson

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@yountingly said...

Nice work bro! Good win!

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@yountingly said...

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

I almost didn’t use the ticket I won from Nascar Sunday last night because of the whole “using it right away” but I work until 9pm est 2-3 nights a week so my 2 close friends I chat dfs about daily thru text thread said since I’m on a heater, if I feel good about picks to just go for it last night since I was home so I entered it around 645pm with my last lu of the night with my “best” plays. I knew it was a little chalky but thought I had a couple of plays to make me different but 2 user names I never heard had the same lu so I guess it was too chalky but you know how people say, chalky is sometimes good. It worked out and I’m not complaining.

IT was like the lottery, lol. A ticket and a dream. Well, were are going to Disney with the kids this winter and were talking last about cutting a couple of things due to cost but now we might add things, lol.

Congrats!

• RogueGrinder

Things we learned:

The Delaney detractors were right.(Trap) Yes, he salvaged, but i was expecting 30…
    Ariza didn’t do anything special in 39 mins
    Mike Conley is in a deep funk(proceed with extreme caution)
    Greek Freak is a sure thing with no other certified star on the team.

• Vanco

I really have mastered the mediocre lineup this season. FD 263 274 258 260 271 and one min cash 296. Awesome

• osuryanf

@RogueGrinder said...

Things we learned:

The Delaney detractors were right.(Trap) Yes, he salvaged, but i was expecting 30…
    Ariza didn’t do anything special in 39 mins
    Mike Conley is in a deep funk(proceed with extreme caution)
    Greek Freak is a sure thing with no other certified star on the team.

Adding on to those points

Delaney just isn’t that good of a player, DFS or real life. Bazemore always has been and always will be the play when Schroder is out.
    Ariza is so inconsistent it drives me crazy. He’s below 5K now so he’s worth a GPP dart or two since he does have 30+ FP upside, but geesh.. Gordon looks REALLY good this year
    Conley struggling this bad makes no sense. It’s almost unjustifiable to play the guy until he gets to around 6k.
    ABC needs to be priced at 12k, not sure what is taking so long.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).