7:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -3.5 ) —- T: 225.5
    7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 7.5 ) at Miami ( -7.5 ) —- T: 212
    7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 5 ) at Philadelphia ( -5 ) —- T: 211
    8:30 PM EST : New York ( 10 ) at San Antonio ( -10 ) —- T: 214
    8:30 PM EST : Washington ( 8.5 ) at Dallas ( -8.5 ) —- T: 221.5
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 9 ) at Utah ( -9 ) —- T: 223
    10:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( -1.5 ) at Phoenix ( 1.5 ) —- T: 234
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) —- T: 218

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• reids20

i have 3400 left on draftkings for the guard position. Who would you all suggest? Nunn?

• stats99tuff

@monarch said...

I saw where someone had a hot take that Garland leads the Cavs in scoring.

He can play, $4,400 he gets 30 minutes he’s going to crush that salary.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Ace15 said...

Yep this is my thinking as well. Rubio running the offense means less touches for Booker. on the flip side i can see this being a plus since he won’t have to create for himself maybe he sees less double teams and can put up buckets without using so much energy breaking a defense down.

Edit: I think Buddy is a poor defender so I will have Booker shares…bc Booker.

Yeah, that’s the flip side of it. Assists will be down, but shots and maybe more so quality shots might increase. Maybe he’ll shot better than 30% from 3? I’ll probably fade, and take the wait and see approach.

• kbsktbll88

Are we referring to Rose as neck tat now or does that name still belong to James Johnson?

• Toadthegreat

@kbsktbll88 said...

Are we referring to Rose as neck tat now or does that name still belong to James Johnson?

This is a good question that needs to be answered!

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Anyone else think Booker’s value takes a nice sized hit with the addition of Rubio? Not sure the last time, if ever, Booker played with a real PG. I would imagine he has in the ball in his hands a lot less?

My dude Zach Lavine is going to be doing Booker type things

• thedkexperience

@bhdevault

Thanks for reinstating me. Sorry about the excessive GIFs. And now onto today.

Here are 3 near min priced FD guys I like.

Bacon 3600
    Herro 3600
    Thybulle 3500

Now I’m gonna read the previous pages and realize you guys beat me to them!

• kbsktbll88

@Toadthegreat said...

This is a good question that needs to be answered!

Also who is ABC?

edit: it was sarcasm

• thedkexperience

@JustDFSin said...

Horford revenge game against Boston. Embiid will go nuclear against Boston who will guard him Theis? kanter?

As a huge sixers homer I think we should collectively pump the breaks on their core players DFS usefulness. The prices are so high and while Embiid is THE GUY there are a lot of mouths to feed at every spot. Personally on days when they are all healthy the only guy I’m really interested in is Thybulle at 3500.

• emnj69

either marcus morris or bobby p is going to crush tonight just not sure which one-book it

• S7ubs

@kbsktbll88 said...

Also who is ABC?

Giannis

• thedkexperience

@kbsktbll88 said...

Also who is ABC?

Giannis

• thedkexperience

@Pandamonious said...

Tatum ain’t scared of Simmons!

It’s Tatum’s team now. This is his big break out year. He’s going to crush this season. Pretty sure he’s got good history against the Sixers too.

Sixers switch EVERYTHING. Don’t fall into a match up trap with them.

• chrisbanas

Do NOT sleep on Ayton. Idk how he hasn’t been mentioned. He’s the ultimate lock for me versus the kings

• Ace15

Aaron Gordon scares me…could go busto or nutso

• chrisbanas

Along with ayton- Porzingis at sub 8,000 stands out to me along with Brogdon and C Woods. Brogdon has looked great so far and Woods will start in place of blake

• JSteele

Some guys I like that haven’t been discussed much:

-Malcolm Brogdon (6500 on DK) He can be a stat stuffer and gets a cake matchup against the Pistons. He’s an efficient scorer and will do a good job racking up assists as well. In the preseason the Pistons’ starters played a lot of minutes so we can sort of gauge the type of defence they have. Cavs and Mavs guards punished them. So did Charlotte, but no Reggie hat game.

-Justise Winslow (5800 on DK) Another stat stuffer who should have the starting PG position locked up. Memphis is going to be a team to target against this season and Winslow’s price is just a tad low for his upside.

-Brandon Clarke (3800) He’s done more than enough to earn a spot as a rotational piece and he may get extra run down the stretch when this game ultimately blows out. JV is going to start but will be on a minutes limit so I think we see a lot of Clarke/”(player-popup #jaren-jackson)Jaren Jackson Jr”:/players/jaren-jackson-409099 tonight.

-SGA (6100) He’s going to get the start and will be the focal point of the offense, like he has been all preseason. Utah is one of those teams that is known as a great defensive team, but I think they will need a few weeks to get it together with their new team. They have looked awful on d, particularly against guards and I don’t expect them to turn it around for their first game of the season.

• JustDFSin

@thedkexperience said...

As a huge sixers homer I think we should collectively pump the breaks on their core players DFS usefulness. The prices are so high and while Embiid is THE GUY there are a lot of mouths to feed at every spot. Personally on days when they are all healthy the only guy I’m really interested in is Thybulle at 3500.

Whats the difference between this year and last year? Last year they had Butler Harris Simmons and Embid. This year its Horford instead of Butler.Richardson will probably get subbed out early to run the back up point

• viciousphilpy

I love my current lineup and the core is Herro and Coby. Put who you will around them, that is a beautiful price tag for those two.

• kbsktbll88

@chrisbanas said...

Do NOT sleep on Ayton. Idk how he hasn’t been mentioned. He’s the ultimate lock for me versus the kings

I think Ayton benefits the most with Rubio now there

• gausman7

I like KAT of those three when thinking about ceiling.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

So, some names on DK that have some built in value in their price (which seems sparse) that I haven’t seen mentioned so far.

Barton- 4.3k. Not sure if he won the starting job or not. Should be a classic case of, will get more usage off the bench so if he is indeed starting it might not be worth it. Anyway, those who have played NBA DFS for any time now know Barton can get hot and put up 40 DK points in 25 minutes off the bench.

Schroder- 4.1K- Not sure exactly how this situation will play out, but he at worst should maintain his role from last year as a 6th man with about 25 minutes on the floor. Jazz were not good in the preseason. Big issues defensively. Huge. I could see Schroder filling up the stat sheet quickly here.

Markieff- 3.6K- The focus so far is on Kennard and Rose, but this is the guy stepping into the starting line up. Could easily see 33 minutes. Pacers should be tough defensively and it’s not a good match up, but a lot of minutes on the cheap on a slate where DK has the pricing buttoned up there should be value here.

Taurean Prince- 4.4K- Only guy on the Nets who doesn’t feel overpriced right now. The kid has flashed talent at times. Hopefully getting out of the wasteland of the Hawks will force him to step his game up. The Wolves want to play faster this year and really just shouldn’t be that good defensively. Peripherals’s and points can be had here. Should see 25-30 minutes.

Millsap- 4.9K- Millsap isn’t what he used to be, but every time you counted him out he seemed to remind everyone he still has big game potential. The Blazers front court isn’t all that menacing. 28-30 minutes with a 15/10 line with a couple assists, steals, and a block isn’t far-fetched.

Kleber- 4.2K- Wizards gave it up to big men last year and it’s probably unlikely to change this year. Should start and see 25-30 minutes. There’s not a lot of upside, compared the other names I’m mentioning, but the match up and minutes should keep his floor safe, and falling into a double double with a couple peripheral’s thrown in and pushing for 25-30 DK points seems reasonable.

***I want to add that last season playing guys in the low to mid 4K range that were most likely to just leave you with 22-25 DK points and highly unlikely to get more than 30 like these names here would have been an awful idea. Scoring was high and especially on a large slate 22-25 in any spot wasn’t going to get it done if you wanted to take down a GPP. I do believe though that with the way DK tightened up the pricing tonight, to get to the 7K-10K guys who can get you 50+ you’re going to have to dive down to this area once or twice and there just isn’t a lot down there that’s going to get you over 30.

• SteeloCity

Having trouble with the SF and PF positions on FD. Any thoughts? Gallinari?

• thedkexperience

@JustDFSin said...

Whats the difference between this year and last year? Last year they had Butler Harris Simmons and Embid. This year its Horford instead of Butler.Richardson will probably get subbed out early to run the back up point

A little bit of difference…

Horford directly impacts Embiid’s rebounding and defensive potential stats while chipping in his 15.

Butler only started eating into Simmons and Tobias in the playoffs. In February/March the talk was “why isn’t Butler doing more” and that was completely forgotten about in the playoffs.

JRich will take on Butler’s roll in part as the secondary lead ball handler.

Tobias should see an up tick in scoring but also a reduction in peripherals.

Add in that they are now one of the most popular teams in the NBA so ownership is higher.

The bench is significantly better now than it was. Thybulle is gonna play a lot and is yet another guy who will eat into peripherals.

Finally without JJ I expect a much lower scoring average per game. Gone are the days where Kemba would light them up for 50+ by roasting JJ repeatedly. If the games are now 104-96 instead of 122-116 that’s less DFS goodness.

Ultimately I LOVE the Sixers to approach or even surpass 60 wins, but each player will get more rest, cost more, be more popular and take rebounds-steals-blocks away from each other and that is before we consider shots to go around.

• chrisbanas

@SteeloCity said...

Having trouble with the SF and PF positions on FD. Any thoughts? Gallinari?

Isaac

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).