NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

7:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 14.5 ) at Cleveland ( -14.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 4 ) at Orlando ( -4 ) —- T: 229
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 8.5 ) at Boston ( -8.5 ) —- T: 209
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 11 ) at Minnesota ( -11 ) —- T: 217
    10:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 4.5 ) at Portland ( -4.5 ) —- T: 221
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Kamais_Ookin

Porzingis gets a rebound!!!!!

• lloydjv1

@Dainfamusgc said...

A rivers or Jameer for Kate night snack lu

Not sure about Rivers.

• yisman

@sanders_tj said...

Butler 20.1% owned. I had him In probably 25-30%. So dumb.

for GPPs

seems like in cash he was high

I just checked a $25 50/50 at fantasydraft and over 59% had him

• jjpk

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

So as a NBA newbie dabbling in the late slate out of boredom…do you guys think Jameer Nelson will get any run at 3k tonight so I can squeeze in other players?

I think he’s good for 15-18 DK fps. Which isn’t ideal for a min-priced punt (like the 10x James put up last night for PHO), but still a good return.

• IronMonkey415

Thinks are looking up for Kristaps, his confidence is back.

• lloydjv1

@emnj69 said...

dont have a chicken to sacrifice so eating bucket of chicken to satisfy fantasy gods for OT to happen in nets game

That made me LOL. it would be good, and i will sacrifice a wild rabbit in honor of your post.

• johnny72

Thanks Beckham you are human like the rest of us. NBA burns me so bad, I just can’t seem to grasp it. Or get out of the unluckyness that seems to cling to me every basketball night. Thanks Ross and Buckets tonight and a shout out to Stanley Johnson and Dillion last night you combined to score 8.5 points for the four of ya.

• chunkybangles

Um, so this makes sense… :50 Vuc rebound, :48 Carroll turnover (not possible if ORL just got the rebound and didn’t turn it over) :48 Carroll makes 3 foot shot. So he simultaneously turned it over and made a basket. That is skill. :)

• someclevername

Starting to think switching out Gordon for Wiggins was not the best idea. Those last minute tinkers man, never learn. I’LL NEVER LEARN!

• romi22513

I am trying to get into nba so I have been playing some 50/50’s. How can so many lineups be exactly the same in a 100 person 50/50? There are unlimited combinations and I have 5, 4 and multiple 3 lineups exactly the same. Thanks

• tcjr1212

Woo, Porzingis got up to 2x!! Yay…

• sgumike

@someclevername said...

Starting to think switching out Gordon for Wiggins was not the best idea. Those last minute tinkers man, never learn. I’LL NEVER LEARN!

Wiggins is a complete turd thus far tonight.

• JimmyDick85

So I’m trying to convince myself that Aaron Gordon + Terrence Ross = 70 DK points, which isn’t bad for $11,300…

• emnj69

@lloydjv1 said...

That made me LOL. it would be good, and i will sacrifice a wild rabbit in honor of your post.

damn needed the live chicken I guess :(

• Beckhams3Fingers

@jadoninc said...

Irrespective of the butler news I think it must be stated that Terrence Ross should never be rostered in Dfs unless he’s playing against children…who can’t walk… preferably new borns..I’m not playing Ross gain unless he’s min priced….at zero dollars via a glitch

lmao!!!! Even if he was free, he’ll still find a way to torch your soul hahahaha! He’ll go for a lay-up and fall on one of your other players and tear that dude’s knee.

• lloydjv1

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

Using this forum as a place for catharsis though can be part of the acceptance process.
    Coming on here and cursing and ranting through a couple posts is likely an outlet to move on with the rest of the night, or keep from ranting to family or letting that negativity manifest within their life.

Your point is right overall big picture, but the other side has a purpose as well, which may be needed to get to that greater understanding.

You sho got that right. Good to have an outlet and support group. Go to the guys who get it.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

• MikedUpDFS

I knew I should have stacked more from the Nets/Magic. Still sitting pretty with J Nel left to play.

Maybe Boogie and Brow can go off for 60 a piece as well.

• billholler

For the love of Thabo, would someone just friggin tell me if Jingles has stopped throwing up yet?

• someclevername

@sgumike said...

Wiggins is a complete turd thus far tonight.

Yes and it is hurting my heart

• rome9bc

As an Orlando magic fan I knew AG was going to dominate tonight! I’m glad I didn’t take AD but sad I took KP…

• Beckhams3Fingers

@romi22513 said...

How can so many lineups be exactly the same in a 100 person 50/50?

One word: optimizers. Cash guys use line-up optimizers. You’ll see a ton of same LUs, especially in 50/50s. You have to decide early on if you want to be a cash grinder or a GPP gambler. I chose the latter. I tried grinding in cash, but the ROI just sucked. All that time and effort on research only to turn a $5 profit. Then I realized I could use an optimizer and have solid LUs in play in 5 minutes time. But, still the ROI sucks.

GPP is where it’s at. Go for that one massive score, or a deep run. I dunno, it’s just so much more exciting to me than cash. Cash is like limit hold’em if you play poker. GPP is No limit hold’em.

I should add, you can do both cash and GPP, but it’s hard, and like 3x the work. And your brain starts to get a mushy… this guy is good for cash, this guy is good for GPP, next thing you know you can’t think straight anymore. I say pick one thing and learn to do it well.

• lloydjv1

@Beckhams3Fingers said...

Who said I wasn’t crying about Buckets burning my 10 line-ups? I went and body-slammed my kid’s guinea pig as soon as I found out. I just don’t cry about it in here is all. Not gonna do any good, and won’t change anything.

And I said I “generally” practice good BRM. Not always. NFL tilts me so bad, by Sunday 5 pm I’m ready to completely donk shove my entire roll in that stupid effing prime-time slate.

And i for one am right there with you. Glad i only play the small stuff or some of this would drive me to the brink of insanity. Especially in NFL its all or nothing. Ya do the best you can and hope your chalk dont turn to dust.

• chunkybangles

Huge performances from 3 of my current guys, the other two I’ve never played before and will never be playing again. Mack I knew was a waste, but allowed me to fit my big players in. O’Quinn I have always known to be mr garbage time. He ended up playing 6 minutes tonight… so don’t feel bad if you paid $7k for a goose egg from Butler. Those two combined for the same salary and barely hit the teens, haha

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Well tonight is a night I’m not even kicking myself for playing player x or not playing player y.

So many duds it don’t even matter.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).