7:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 8 ) at Toronto ( -8 ) —- T: 226.5
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) —- T: 220
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( -3 ) at Chicago ( 3 ) —- T: 231.5
    8:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 2.5 ) at San Antonio ( -2.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    9:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -2.5 ) at Phoenix ( 2.5 ) —- T: 236.5
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( -2.5 ) at Sacramento ( 2.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    10:30 PM EST : Washington ( 9 ) at Golden State ( -9 ) —- T: 235.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• dominicanpapi

Temple downgraded to questionable…there goes my punt.

• mbunner23

@hobbes2d said...

I don’t get the Booker love. I know the Lakers are bad on D but PHX is at home and playing slow AF. He’s taking way less shot attempts than previous years. Turnovers up significantly because he’s handling the ball. Priced up. Like why wouldn’t you just play Kemba or LaVine?

Pace up game for them. Did you watch the Lakers/Spurs game? Lakers aren’t blowing anyone out.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@hobbes2d said...

And Marshon Brooks a pace up game.

Is Marshon Brooks out of the rotation though? Selden has been coming in ahead of him.

• HuskerAaron

@frugal said...

I’m not paying up for anyone tonight. Too many mid/upper mid guys who are clearly the #1 option facing bad defenses that I’ll take the savings tonight.

Agree.
    There is so much value to be had in the low-mid salary ranges. I was just responding to the LBJ question, and trying to give an opinion on an equal high dollar comparison.

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

Selden would be the guard you would want if you’re going there and Brooks is out. What priced guard are you trying to squeeze in while playing Harden?

It’s for my flex spot and right now I have $3300 but it’s very ugly down there so I may need to move some things around. Blakeney is probably the best option down there but that would give me 3 Bulls which just really doesn’t seem like it’s going to win me $100k tonight.

• dominicanpapi

@hobbes2d said...

I don’t get the Booker love. I know the Lakers are bad on D but PHX is at home and playing slow AF. He’s taking way less shot attempts than previous years. Turnovers up significantly because he’s handling the ball. Priced up. Like why wouldn’t you just play Kemba or LaVine?

My spreadsheet from two nights ago had the Spurs at a 7% pace increase, while the Lakers had a 7% decrease and you know how that went.

• fresh56

@hobbes2d said...

Im playing tiers. Pricing doesn’t matter.

• hobbes2d

@mbunner23 said...

Pace up game for them. Did you watch the Lakers/Spurs game? Lakers aren’t blowing anyone out.

Yeah I’m not expecting a blow out or a crazy pace like the Lakers/Spurs game. PHX is at home and their coach wants to play slow. This game won’t be crazy.

Booker’s not playing with losers like Bender and Chandler anymore who don’t shoot the ball.

• hobbes2d

@dominicanpapi said...

My spreadsheet from two nights ago had the Spurs at a 7% pace increase, while the Lakers had a 7% decrease and you know how that went.

OT helps and the Spurs being dead last in defensive rating.

• hobbes2d

This is just my own observation of an 11 game slate where pricing deficiencies matter. I just don’t understand paying up for Booker when you have multiple guards in equally great spots priced lower.

Kemba, Beal, LaVine, Lowry etc.

• jimmyd1507

@dominicanpapi said...

I feel like it’s a slate where you don’t necessarily need to pay up for the stars. There are so many guys, at least on FD 8K and below that can go for 40-50 points. Case in point, Booker scored 47 fanduel points on 10/20 at 8200. Harden, in a better game environment vs. the Pelicans scored 51 at 11.7K. I’m trying to remember that night, but I believe Davis and Booker were in the winning lineups, not Harden and Davis.

“You dont necessarily need to pay up for the stars…”

“I believe DAVIS and Booker were in the winning lineups…”

• Pandamonious

@hobbes2d said...

This is just my own observation of an 11 game slate where pricing deficiencies matter. I just don’t understand paying up for Booker when you have multiple guards in equally great spots priced lower.

I get where you’re coming from, but Booker’s ceiling is about 15-20 points higher than all those guys except Walker.

• frugal

@hobbes2d said...

Yeah I’m not expecting a blow out or a crazy pace like the Lakers/Spurs game. PHX is at home and their coach wants to play slow. This game won’t be crazy.

Booker’s not playing with losers like Bender and Chandler anymore who don’t shoot the ball.

You are correct, Suns last in Pace. FWIW though…

vs Dallas who is 21st in pace the game tot was 221
    vs Denver who is 24th in pace the game tot was 210

LAL is #1 in pace and allowing the most opponent PPG at 131. Now that is clearly inflated due to the OT game but in their first 2 games they gave up 128 and 124.

• hobbes2d

@Pandamonious said...

I get where you’re coming from, but Booker’s ceiling is about 15-20 points higher than all those guys except Walker.

Is it? It was when he played with nothing but scrubs and chucked 30 FGA a game but that’s not the case now. They’re actually trying to win games and playing at a slower pace.

I mean Trae Young is in his first home game and he’s facing one of the worst defenses in the league. Atlanta’s pace is virtually the same as the Lakers and Kings. He’s 1100 less than Booker.

• buzzkilloton

@hobbes2d said...

Booker has scored 70 points in a game before. He can be a slate breaker.

• dominicanpapi

@jimmyd1507 said...

“You dont necessarily need to pay up for the stars…”

“I believe DAVIS and Booker were in the winning lineups…”

Eh, my point is you don’t have to fit in all the studs in one lineup when there’s a ton of guys 3K cheaper that have the potential to have just as good of a game. I cited Booker as an example of putting up similar productions and priced less. I think we have a similar situation here where Durant’s priced $1600 less than Lebron and could give you similar fantasy production.

• maxrluminox

Changing topics……any news on whether Andrew Wiggins is playing tonight?

• hobbes2d

@buzzkilloton said...

Booker has scored 70 points in a game before. He can be a slate breaker.

He’s not going to score 70 unless he’s taking a crap ton of shots which is something he was more likely to do in the past when he was literally the only scoring option.

• Pandamonious

@hobbes2d said...

Is it? It was when he played with nothing but scrubs and chucked 30 FGA a game but that’s not the case now. They’re actually trying to win games and playing at a slower pace.

I mean Trae Young is in his first home game and he’s facing one of the worst defenses in the league. Atlanta’s pace is virtually the same as the Lakers and Kings. He’s 1100 less than Booker.

I don’t think the Suns are going to be as slow as they’ve been. Lakers have been the 3rd fastest team and are 26th in defensive efficiency. I like all the guys you mentioned, but Booker has the higher ceiling. That doesn’t change. He had 52 DK points in the first game. It’s not like he’s not producing.

• CuttyTheInsane

@Pandamonious said...

Didn’t booker put up like a 80-90 point game a few years ago?

• buzzkilloton

@hobbes2d said...

He’s not going to score 70 unless he’s taking a crap ton of shots which is something he was more likely to do in the past when he was literally the only scoring option.

if he gets hot shooting the ball hes going to keep shooting. Thats what great scorers do. This is a great spot for him dont overthink it.

• RipCityRings

Lots of guys in great spots tonight that are priced just a little too high on FD to be good plays. Trae Young, Doncic, Harden, Booker, Giannis. Don’t think I’ll play anyone over $8.4K at this point, aside from some light Harden exposure.

Wish I could roster all SGs. LaVine, Middleton, LeVert, Hart, Green, Harris, McGruder, Dotson, Mason… Lot of hard decisions that might come down to pace.

My sneaky meat tonight is Ed Davis. $3900

• frugal

@buzzkilloton said...

if he gets hot shooting the ball hes going to keep shooting. Thats what great scorers do. This is a great spot for him dont overthink it.

Yep. Remove the blowout vs Denver and he took 19 and 21 shots in the other 2 games.

• captainwacky

@RipCityRings said...

Lots of guys in great spots tonight that are priced just a little too high on FD to be good plays. Trae Young, Doncic, Harden, Booker, Giannis. Don’t think I’ll play anyone over $8.4K at this point, aside from some light Harden exposure.

Wish I could roster all SGs. LaVine, Middleton, LeVert, Hart, Green, Harris, McGruder, Dotson, Mason… Lot of hard decisions that might come down to pace.

My sneaky meat tonight is Ed Davis. $3900

In regard to Ed Davis, you know RHJ comes back, correct?

• hobbes2d

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t think the Suns are going to be as slow as they’ve been. Lakers have been the 3rd fastest team and are 26th in defensive efficiency. I like all the guys you mentioned, but Booker has the higher ceiling. That doesn’t change. He had 52 DK points in the first game. It’s not like he’s not producing.

He’s producing great! But I would just rather play someone who can do the same for less salary to get a better chance of taking down a tournament lol. Hence my question. I don’t fault anyone who plays Booker.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).