NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 1 ) at Detroit ( -1 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 2 ) at Houston ( -2 ) —- T: 231.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -2 ) at Golden State ( 2 ) —- T: 224.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Jaguar22

Lots of rockets value

• Shaudy_lo

• jessedio

So are we forced to play Drummond on FD now? Is it just plug and play Considering C is thin. Just hope he doesn’t troll us and get into foul trouble like he usually does.

• JSteele

Tough slate who are the guys at the top that we want? Obviously Giannis but does Harden come next or curry

• Bodiaz36

Definitely a slate I want to avoid. It’s tough to build a roster that looks balanced, or stars/scrubs flavor. Guess I’ll just go Curry and Leonard and fill in the blanks from there…Best of luck to everyone

• mbunner23

@JSteele said...

Tough slate who are the guys at the top that we want? Obviously Giannis but does Harden come next or curry

You have to think Curry’s usage is going to be insane. Pat Beverly is so pesky though, I would hate to play against that guy. I think ABC/Curry are my favorite two studs at the moment.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@JSteele said...

That’s probably the hardest part of this slate. Really, from ABC to Russell on DK. Picking the right 3 or maybe even 4 from that group. I don’t think the answer is two.

The other question is, how many Pistons is too many?

I do worry about a let down after beating the Pacers on the road last night to kick off the season, but it’s the Hawks and their home opener. I suppose it should even out. Drummond should smash again. Great bounce back spot for Kieff after he flopped as chalk in a tough spot last night. Kennard and Rose are closer to appropriately priced, but really still too cheap, especially Rose.

• Bodiaz36

This also could be a night where RWB goes criminally under-owned. Still think lots of folks are loathe to pay that price tag( at least on FD) while sharing the court with Harden. He can still explode for 60-70 fantasy points at will…

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

I hope and pray people play Markieff en masse tonight. People don’t yet realize that the only good Morris brother is in NYC.

• Jaguar22

@sochoice said...

I hope and pray people play Markieff en masse tonight. People don’t yet realize that the only good Morris brother is in NYC.

Maybe they switched teams today

• JSteele

There is some value in teams that haven’t played yet to get away from the Pistons chalk

• Jaguar22

@Bodiaz36 said...

This also could be a night where RWB goes criminally under-owned. Still think lots of folks are loathe to pay that price tag( at least on FD) while sharing the court with Harden. He can still explode for 60-70 fantasy points at will…

Easily Westbrook can and will take up a good percentage of offensive production regardless of what harden does

• JSteele

Bembry is 3.2k lol

• Ndepompei

probably will throw reddish in with huerter minutes restriction

• Bodiaz36

I had Bembry in my initial build, as he’s pretty cheap across the industry. Seems like a real guessing game of which Hawks forward will decide to go off

• Bradsh86

Hey guys need a little help from you experts here..

I play about 20 lineups a night and on a normal slate I’ll have 25-30 man player pool at different positions and price tiers. I have about 4 core plays I want at around 40-60% exposure.

But when I run lineups it gives me say 60% of a punt play I only want maybe 10% of and if I cap these players it wont generate lineups, am I doing something wrong? Do I need higher exposure settings or so? Thanks for any advice or help, good luck all!

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Bradsh86 said...

Hey guys need a little help from you experts here..

I play about 20 lineups a night and on a normal slate I’ll have 25-30 man player pool at different positions and price tiers. I have about 4 core plays I want at around 40-60% exposure.

But when I run lineups it gives me say 60% of a punt play I only want maybe 10% of and if I cap these players it wont generate lineups, am I doing something wrong? Do I need higher exposure settings or so? Thanks for any advice or help, good luck all!

Without knowing the exact specifics it’s probably one of these…

You want too much of too expensive guys and it can’t build the line ups you want without putting this punt in.

You don’t have enough players at that position to properly build line ups at that position so it’s filling it in for you with the builders favorite play.

If the player you’re getting too much of is an SG/SF for example up your exposure to other SG’s and SF’s you prefer and see it that helps.

• queensfinest

morris or pj tucker?

• lineupofpeace

Some initial thoughts – all DK

Stars and scrubs feels like the way to go
    Drummond in an absolute smash spot – price hasn’t adjusted from last night. Lock it in
    Prefer Curry to Harden – Bev defense not as much of a concern as sharing the ball with Russ. Curry usage should be off the charts
    Can fit Drummond, Curry/Harden, and Giannis in one lineup fairly comfortably. Lots of 3k guys who will see 25+ minutes

• Toadthegreat

@lineupofpeace said...

test

Loud and clear

• Toadthegreat

at $9k is Trae overpriced on FD? Only $1k lower than Westbrook but man he (Trae) played well in the preseason!

• kbsktbll88

I forgot how tilting NBA scheduling can be. 2 game opening night followed by a massive 11 game slate and back to a tiny 3 game slate.

• Ace15

@Toadthegreat said...

at $9k is Trae overpriced on FD? Only $1k lower than Westbrook but man he (Trae) played well in the preseason!

After 1 night of NBA DFS im burned out already. With that said..Giannis/Harden for me. I think LAC can slow down Curry enough for him not to crush the slate.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Guys, I had the exact lineup in cash games on Fanduel lineup that everyone is talking about and so did many of the top players as I see them all tied with me.
    It wasn’t just an optimized lineup. It was by far the chalkiest and safest lineup you could play last night and was very easy to land on even if running your own projections, which I do.
    Even Meansy last night on his show discussed most of those players and I knew before tip off that my lineup would be super chalky. The only player instead of Bam I considered was Sabonis in that spot.
    It’s not ‘always’ an optimized lineup, last night it wasn’t it 100%. Yes, it was possible another site’s optimized lineup was the same, but that wasn’t the case for everyone. Just accept it was a VERY chalky night and move on.

That is a post from the MOD last night. He is advertising subscriptions to rotogrinders and assuring people that everything will be okay it was just a chalky night.

I’m curious what your affiliations are? are you on the rotogrinders payroll, FD payroll?

Knowing who pays him, if anyone, would make his posts less concerning. I do not believe someone who is a “mod” should be selling subscriptions while also commenting on the action and trying to reassure people it’ll all be okay and that last night was an anomaly.

• monarch

I identified Bembry as a guy I wanted to roster during preseason play. After Trae, he basically drives the offense. That is until Jabari Parker infects the team.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).