NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 1 ) at Detroit ( -1 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 2 ) at Houston ( -2 ) —- T: 231.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -2 ) at Golden State ( 2 ) —- T: 224.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• gaelicgirl

@damionismyname said...

you knew that was coming, your boys are the 7th seed.

What the — LOL
    Yeah, I expected the Clippers to win, but that was uglier than I imagined.

• tmarohl

@kbsktbll88 said...

Lol okay. We can re-visit this later in the season.

I’m not going to pretend that Brogdon was not a loss, because he was. Bottom line is he didn’t want to be here because he wants to be a point guard and the Bucks didn’t view him as one. He has also missed significant time every season with his recurring foot problems. They basically replaced him with Matthews and Korver. Plus they added a real back up center in Brolo. That is a luxury they have not had in recent years.

You saw tonight, even after Giannis fouled out, that the Bucks switched strategies and played bully ball down low with Brook. Houston simply did not have an answer because they are so damn undersized. For Houston to be a real contender, they are going to have to find some players over 6’5” outside of Capela.

• tmarohl

@damionismyname said...

you knew that was coming, your boys are the 7th seed.

They are not a playoff team. You are being disingenious Damion.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

I kind of feel bad for you after all the great seasons and championships having to live through this trainwreck for a year. Then I don’t, because I remember how many championships you have and I haven’t had one since 1971.

I knew it. You shouldn’t feel bad for me or the Warriors, this is just a transition season. Klay will be back, and Andre’s going to come back to finish his career there.

• kbsktbll88

@tmarohl said...

I’m not going to pretend that Brogdon was not a loss, because he was. Bottom line is he didn’t want to be here because he wants to be a point guard and the Bucks didn’t view him as one. He has also missed significant time every season with his recurring foot problems. They basically replaced him with Matthews and Korver. Plus they added a real back up center in Brolo. That is a luxury they have not had in recent years.

You saw tonight, even after Giannis fouled out, that the Bucks switched strategies and played bully ball down low with Brook. Houston simply did not have an answer because they are so damn undersized. For Houston to be a real contender, they are going to have to find some players over 6’5” outside of Capela.

I’m not going to argue this with you man. It’s 1 game where Harden was terrible and you guys were down 15-20 at one point. You compared intergrating Korver and Matthews to Westbrook. You sre clearly a homer and I can’t take you serious lol. Like I said we can revisit this later in the season.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I knew it. You shouldn’t feel bad for me or the Warriors, this is just a transition season. Klay will be back, and Andre’s going to come back to finish his career there.

Warriors just need to get out of hard cap, salary cap hell, and have a year to recover. Showcase DeAngelo this year and get some good assets for him once Klay is healthy. Hope to get lucky in the lottery this year if they own their own pick. Use this year to develop young guys like Poole. Warriors can’t even get Iggy back this year because of hard cap. There really is no way Warriors can improve this year without trading one of the key guys. I don’t even think they can sign guys for veterans minimum under the hard cap, but I could be wrong on that.

• tmarohl

@kbsktbll88 said...

I’m not going to argue this with you man. It’s 1 game where Harden was terrible and you guys were down 15-20 at one point. You compared intergrating Korver and Matthews to Westbrook. You sre clearly a homer and I can’t take you serious lol. Like I said we can revisit this later in the season.

You must be a Houston fan. Integrating Westbrook into that scheme is not difficult. Basically plug and play switching him and CP3, albeit at a faster pace. My problem with Houston is that they are a team of 9 guards and a center. They can’t match up with anyone with any size.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Warriors just need to get out of hard cap, salary cap hell, and have a year to recover. Showcase DeAngelo this year and get some good assets for him once Klay is healthy. Hope to get lucky in the lottery this year if they own their own pick. Use this year to develop young guys like Poole.

I think they gave their first round pick to Memphis to take Andre – how ironic. Really don’t think they’re looking to trade D-Lo, though, he has massive potential. And I don’t think Damion was being disingenuous…it’s ridiculous to jump to conclusions about the entire season based on the first game. Reminds me of how everyone overreacts here in the forum in the first few minutes after tip-off every night…if the Bucks had lost tonight would you be writing their entire season off? No, of course not.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I think they gave their first round pick to Memphis to take Andre – how ironic. Really don’t think they’re looking to trade D-Lo, though, he has massive potential. And I don’t think Damion was being disingenuous…it’s ridiculous to jump to conclusions about the entire season based on the first game. Reminds me of how everyone overreacts here in the forum in the first few minutes after tip-off every night.,,if the Bucks had lost tonight would you be writing their entire season off? No, of course not.

No, because I expected the Bucks to lose. Chuck was right though, GS doesn’t have enough scoring punch to compete in the West. You can get 30-35 from Steph, 25-30 from Deangelo – 15-20 from Dray. Where is the other 30 – 50 points going to come from on a nightly basis?

• Brian7479

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Chuck was right though

LMAO Chuck is never right

• tmarohl

Took 128th out of 107,250 on FD with a Westbrook, Trae, Giannis lineup. Needed better production out of the C spot as I went with Len, and a little more from Chriss at PF. Everyone else smashed. Swap those two with Ersan and Brook and I would have 100K.

• chronoxiong

Scored 303.5 on FD to crush all the games I was in. Too bad I was only in $8 worth of action lol. I was working so I had to play it safely. Dont you hate it when you crush on the nights you play it safe? I had Trae Young, faded Curry and Draymond because I was fearing the blowout. I was right on that. I only messed up for playing Kawhi who busted due to the blowout and picked the wrong value plays. On Yahoo, I won too but played little on there due to work.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Scored 303.5 on FD to crush all the games I was in. Too bad I was only in $8 worth of action lol. I was working so I had to play it safely. Dont you hate it when you crush on the nights you play it safe? I had Trae Young, faded Curry and Draymond because I was fearing the blowout. I was right on that. I only messed up for playing Kawhi who busted due to the blowout and picked the wrong value plays. On Yahoo, I won too but played little on there due to work.

I don’t think Kawhi is going to be playable at his salary in too many games this year. Clippers are too good. He is priced like a 36 minute player but in reality, they won’t need him for more than 28 most nights.

• SkateFiend

@tmarohl said...

No, because I expected the Bucks to lose. Chuck was right though, GS doesn’t have enough scoring punch to compete in the West. You can get 30-35 from Steph, 25-30 from Deangelo – 15-20 from Dray. Where is the other 30 – 50 points going to come from on a nightly basis?

GS is a near last place team waiting to happen. I think the sports media is giving them some benefit of the doubt because Curry is such a historically great shooter and expect his greatness to carry the team until the team makes some moves.

They gave up 36 combined points to Patrick Patterson and Zubac, which tells me they won’t be able to stop anyone from scoring on them. And teams will salivate at the chance to run up the score on the Warriors.

Since defense is dead in the NBA, the supporting cast will probably put up some decent numbers. But the best scenario is that they become last year’s Clippers – a well rounded 8th seed.

• madmanjayWV

NBA is my 2nd love behind MLB always has been, just gotta get lucky… I mean possess ELITE SKILLS! #BBL
    #TRY2suckLESS
    DK $1 S-E GPP —- $500 to win…
    got almost 300 —- $3 bucks back on the 4 quarters..but this is Y NBA
    is the greatest (read #AYDS)

227th place — DK name “dvinger” for transparency….#ROLLED
    RWB 14.8%; GHILL 10.2%; JPARKER 20.9%; ERSANilly 3.6%; MONTReZLh 32.2%; HARDON 59.3%; ABC 41.4% (that was a bad fade in hindsight 20-20)…UTL – Egordon 21.2%
    My route to #AYDS and 227th place of TIED 297.25 points ownership %s?

we didn’t play a single damn same person

SweetLOU 20.9%; DROSE 35.1%; KENNARD 34.8%; Kawhi 22.7%; DRUM 66.4%; TRAE 12%; MuthaTrucker (PJ) 21.2%; D.HouseJR 4.20%
    —- 4 — the 88% H8Rs out there! = G Trae Young 12.0%
    ATL 117 DET 100
    Final
    7 REB, 6 3PM, 9 AST, 1 STL, 6 TO, 38 PTS 62.25

• SkateFiend

@chronoxiong said...

How did you crush all games with a 303 score? I scored 295 and barely recouped the entry fees.

• chronoxiong

@SkateFiend said...

How did you crush all games with a 303 score? I scored 295 and barely recouped the entry fees.

You’re talking about FD right?

See for yourself: https://www.fanduel.com/games/39685/contests/39685-230522170/entries/1842806378/scoring

• UGAdude

Is Draftkings gonna bother updating the 10 game logs this year? Kind of annoying clicking on a player to see how he did last game, but the most recent game it shows is from last season.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Kawhi played 20 minutes and the Clippers still roasted the Warriors. Stacking bad teams against the Warriors should work all year long. That strategy won’t work with good teams as they will likely beat the Warriors by 20-30 most nights. Can’t wait to stack the Pelicans next week against them – the Pelicans may score 150.

• kinger8705

Normally after about 5 games into the season they do

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

This forum is in mid-season form already yeesh!

Let’s decide the season from 3 nights of games being played so far.

I guess I just have to say other things as my lineups crashed and burned last night. Let’s get it right tonight.

Congrats winners!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).