NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 1 ) at Detroit ( -1 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 2 ) at Houston ( -2 ) —- T: 231.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -2 ) at Golden State ( 2 ) —- T: 224.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• monarch

I’m playing all those dudes…Curry, Trae, Harden, ABC, Drum, Trez so I dont care. My challenge is to figure out the optimal build.

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

Assuming your talking about FD pricing. DK he’s 10.3 and had a 63 DK point game last year in Houston.

It is tough though…deciding which 3 studs to roll with. Imo…Steph, drum, Harden, Kawhi, and Giannis are all in play.

I’m expecting Houston to lose several steps defensively with Bzdelik now with the Pels. Giannis could drop 100 vs straight up disorganized defense. MDA dont care, he just wants to trade two’s for threes

• thizer3

I was at the Pacers-Pistons game last night and can say Drummond looks like he put a lot of work into his game this summer. He ran point-center at least 10-12 times off rebounds, and his ball handling across half court led him to the bucket countless times. He scored a lot from putbacks, but he also created a lot of easy buckets on drives for himself. He surprisingly hit 8-10 free throws, which was a huge difference in the game; looks like he’s put a lot of work in there too. I think Len is stronger than Turner, but I highly doubt he’s stronger than Sabonis or lighter footed than either to stop Drum in transition. If he keeps playing this way and gets 30+ minutes tonight, he should smash easily.

• frugal

@kbsktbll88 said...

Greatest chance of landing in the 40’s for a guy who is almost $10k? And that’s good? Sorry, I’m not seeing your point there. I’d rather take Harden for $300 more who has a higher floor and ceiling, same for Giannis, probably Kawhi too. I’m not even sure Curry is a better play than Westbrook.

75% chance of 40-59+ FP…the price on DK is close to Harden for sure and I like him as well. However, on Yahoo Curry is $42 and Harden $55. Much bigger difference.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

I’m expecting Houston to lose several steps defensively with Bzdelik now with the Pels. Giannis could drop 100 vs straight up disorganized defense. MDA dont care, he just wants to trade two’s for threes

Giannis seems angry this year too. How do I account for anger in my Model…

Uhoh….she’s been drinking again 😎🍻

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

You know the Bucks mantra is “Let it Fly” They will be jacking up threes at pretty close to the same rate as Houston.

• AshNconnor2015

As a Pacer fan I was all over Drummond last night. Myles is charmin soft, if he was in jail he’d be braiding hair.

Not so sure I’m going back on the b2b, chalkier, Drummond tonight.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

I’m playing all those dudes…Curry, Trae, Harden, ABC, Drum, Trez so I dont care. My challenge is to figure out the optimal build.

No Kawhi?

• kbsktbll88

@frugal said...

75% chance of 40-59+ FP…the price on DK is close to Harden for sure and I like him as well. However, on Yahoo Curry is $42 and Harden $55. Much bigger difference.

Well GL with him tonight, I don’t see the point of taking him but that’s what makes DFS work I guess. Also I didn’t realize you were playing on Yahoo and the pricing difference.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

You know the Bucks mantra is “Let it Fly” They will be jacking up threes at pretty close to the same rate as Houston.

They were open as a result of defenses reacting to Giannis. I think the Rockets leave Tucker alone on an island and it’s a dunk fest

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

No Kawhi?

He seems priced appropriately. Maybe

• frugal

@kbsktbll88 said...

Well GL with him tonight, I don’t see the point of taking him but that’s what makes DFS work I guess. Also I didn’t realize you were playing on Yahoo and the pricing difference.

I play DK and Yahoo.

• realphipps

I’m playing Marquise Chriss at a rather unhealthy rate of 100%.

• JSteele

@realphipps said...

I’m playing Marquise Chriss at a rather unhealthy rate of 100%.

He will likely get 20 minutes as a backup to Looney right? He should be able to crush with the 2nd unit.

• gaelicgirl

@sochoice said...

Good idea. Why don’t you start? Actually I will. Fade every single Warrior on the planet. Steph, Draymond, KD, Rick Barry, Wilt Chamberlain, Tim Hardaway Sr……

LOL I love it when you’re in the forum, sochoice. So much snarky goodness!

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Really just in awe over the Curry debate. I’ve always learned the less competant weapons on the floor the more valuable the competant one is.

Look what Harden did last year when their 2nd, 3rd, 4th best options were all out.

Look what Westbrook did after KD left.

Look what Curry did in the preseason.

I know we’re here to debate and discuss plays, but this one is pretty open and shut. If you’re fading Curry tonight you may as well fade him all year.

• Jaguar22

@Njsum1 said...

Giannis seems angry this year too. How do I account for anger in my Model…

Uhoh….she’s been drinking again 😎🍻

So is curry

• JSteele

@Pandamonious said...

Really just in awe over the Curry debate. I’ve always learned the less competant weapons on the floor the more valuable the competant one is.

Look what Harden did last year when their 2nd, 3rd, 4th best options were all out.

I know we’re here to debate and discuss plays, but this one is pretty open and shut. If you’re fading Curry tonight you may as well fade him all year.

I love indian food

• kbsktbll88

@Pandamonious said...

Aside from 1 game vs the Wolves in preseason Curry was not impressive. He is not Harden or Westbrook. Westbrook literally averaged a triple double, that is something Curry can’t do. He also can’t get to the FT line like Harden when his shot isn’t falling or get you double digit assists consistently. Curry’s game is extremely dependent on his ability to score and his shot falling unlike Harden and Westbrook.

Curry is very playable in good match ups, like the Wolves in preseason. The Clippers aren’t a good match up though.

• Vdaddy8888

• JSteele

@kbsktbll88 said...

Aside from 1 game vs the Wolves in preseason Curry was not impressive. He is not Harden or Westbrook. Westbrook literally averaged a triple double, that is something Curry can’t do. He also can’t get to the FT line like Harden when his shot isn’t falling or get you double digit assists consistently. Curry’s game is extremely dependent on his ability to score and his shot falling unlike Harden and Westbrook.

Curry is very playable in good match ups, like the Wolves in preseason. The Clippers aren’t a good match up though.

He had that game against the Wolves in 25 minutes.

He also had 18-3-2 in 18 minutes, 17-3-1 in 21 minutes and 32-6-1 in 33 minutes.

Edit:

Curry’s preseason per36 stats are

39.5 Points
    24.7 FGA
    13.6 3PA
    8.9 FTA
    4.1 Rebounds
    6.3 Assists
    2.2 Steals
    1.5 Blocks

Harden’s preseason per36 stats are

38.8 Points
    23.3 FGA
    13.7 3PA
    14.7 FTA
    8.1 Rebounds
    11.2 Assists
    2.5 Steals
    0.6 Blocks

It’s not that far off

• kbsktbll88

@JSteele said...

He had that game against the Wolves in 25 minutes.

He also had 18-3-2 in 18 minutes, 17-3-1 in 21 minutes and 32-6-1 in 33 minutes.

Wolves are a bad team though, it was a good spot for Curry. Yes he had 32-6-1, that came out to 46.25 DK points in 33 minutes against the Lakers summer league team. He’s $9,400 on DK… If he does that tonight against the Clippers I will be happy with my fade.

• frugal

@kbsktbll88 said...

You need to go back and check preseason game logs looking at FPPM. I think a pretty strong player bias is preventing you from seeing the obvious upside he has pretty much this whole season.

• thedkexperience

Only 3 games! No way I can lose.

Wait … wait. Sorry that was a typo. I meant win. No way I can win. I feel better now.

On the plus side we might not need 500 points today so that’s neat.

• frugal

@kbsktbll88 said...

in 33 minutes against the Lakers summer league team.

He took 20 FGA that game, 15 were 3PA. He used that game as 3 point practice and put up those stats…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).