NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : New York ( 9.5 ) at Cleveland ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 6 ) at Portland ( -6 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 8.5 ) at Golden State ( -8.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Is there a significance to putting a pound sign before every seventh word?

Yes, I still call it a pound sign.

• TheRyanFlaherty

@madmanjayWV said...

NBA — watch games? You can cash with freaking ZERO’s (O) o’s..in your lineup in both GPP and CASH….

Just so this doesn’t mislead anybody.
    Last year on FD you basically had to shoot for 300 to feel good about cashing. How you could win, much less win consistently, with 0’s in your lineup is beyond me.

• BUFUu2

Am I fool for just looking at the cleveland game…. With Utah and the SA game they will be slower pace games so i am just looking at the way it was last year. I am fading the gs and sa completely maybe throwing curry and durant in one but I think the Cleveland game will have the best outcome.

• bzhizzle

Wheres the dfs alerts and lineups? why no updates?

• thugologist

my brain melted reading that

• thugologist

edit: double post

• UGAdude

@thugologist said...

my brain melted reading that

I think everyone’s did.

• madmanjayWV

@Pickle29 said...

Can anyone translate?

It takes reading comprehension ..sorry

• madmanjayWV

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

Just so this doesn’t mislead anybody.
    Last year on FD you basically had to shoot for 300 to feel good about cashing. How you could win, much less win consistently, with 0’s in your lineup is beyond me.

never said I won consistently – did I? NOPE?
    where did that adjective come into the talk?
    I said you can and I have multiple times through the years (FD NBA) WON with a ZERO in MY lineup — even on the BLAKE GRIFFIN preseason slate —- it’s not something that u aim to do consistently, but it happens..and it happened actually 2x this preseason, but I give credit to the new RG NBA guru

• madmanjayWV

@osuryanf said...

I wish I knew what in the hell madmanjayWV was talking about in that massive post..

But hey, there’s good news with that post —- at least he lived up to his username (the madman AND the West Virginia part)

H8n on the MOUNTAINEERS — boy oh boy — u get an ID BADGE as a STUD DFS player and u know it all baby….#PRACTICE

• osuryanf

@madmanjayWV said...

H8n on the MOUNTAINEERS — boy oh boy — u get an ID BADGE as a STUD DFS player and u know it all baby….#PRACTICE

Honestly I’m still just trying to wrap my head around the chronic hashtag usage on a forum.

• JustDFSin

@madmanjayWV said...

Lol at being a mountaineer fan. I guess you have to take pride in the only team your state has.

• IronMonkey415

I love when you guys fight it gives me a chance to just randomly post my lineup, and hope people can rip it apart so I can learn or say a few good things so I can sleep better at night.

D. Lillard
    J. Smith
    K. Durant
    E. Davis
    P. Gasol
    K. Leonard
    R. Hood

• russellisthename

I’d caution against a full fade on the Knicks against the Cavs. With no minutes restriction on Rose from Hornacek (https://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman/status/790599740845088769), I think the drive and kick system Hornacek wants to implement to spread out defenses, much to the chagrin of one Phillip Jackson, could be a sneaky play against a Cavs team having to implement Dunleavy/Felder/Birdman into rotational players and Tristan Thompson still a little gimpy.

Plus, Cavs are 2-3 in their last 5 opening night games with an average of 16 turnovers.

2011 L Raptors 104-96
    2012 W Wizards 94-84
    2013 W Nets 98-94
    2014 L Knicks 95-90
    2015 L Bulls 97-95

• mbyrd75

I think people vastly underestimate the defensive talent of George hill. Especially in that Utah team that was already very good defensively. Same with Kawhi.

Personally KD and Dame are easy fades for me. Not that they won’t play well or put up points but when we are taking 280k entries on a 3 game slate 3X @ 8-9k could be the difference between commas and lunch money.

Either player absolutely talented enough to make me eat those words obviously though.

• bmann

#commasnotlunchmoney

• Rosterbate

Who are the high price players you guys are going to fade and why? For me it’s Durant, Porzingod, and Love. Durant will be guarded by Leonard and there are so many other scoring options on GS. With his high price I’m leaning on fading as I think Lebron is a better option. I think Porzingis will have his rebounding total drop with Noah in there in place of Lopez. Along with Love and Thompson who are both very good rebounders I feel a lot of Kristaps points will come from scoring and blocks possibly and don’t think he will reach value. With Love there are lots of good rebounders in this game as mentioned above, he is pretty much reliant on points and rebounds to score his points. I think he will be guarding Kristaps which will draw him away from the rim on many occasions, reducing his rebound opportunities. I am only doing 11 lineups (to use my tickets won) but will be fading these guys 100%

• IronMonkey415

Fading Lebron. His mind will be thinking of the Cleveland Indians going for a easy..EASY sweep.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Juanpi said...

A good strategy may be fading the first game as much as possible in terms of the expensive guys. I see a 20-25 point difference by 7:00 3Q. May be a chance for some of the scrubs to get some garbage minutes and garbage stats.

That’s why they play the games though.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@IronMonkey415 said...

I love when you guys fight it gives me a chance to just randomly post my lineup, and hope people can rip it apart so I can learn or say a few good things so I can sleep better at night.

D. Lillard
    J. Smith
    K. Durant
    E. Davis
    P. Gasol
    K. Leonard
    R. Hood

GPP? If so, don’t like playing Dame and KD together with two tough defenders on them. They both will be highly owned and if one doesn’t hit value you will be ahead of the game. Just my opinion but I like the rest, although might go Trey if Favs is out over Davis with that crowded front court.

Good sleeping my friend.

• KindGuy

So since Cleveland is gonna blow them out, do we just continue the preseason fun and lock in McRae/Felder? Lol, good times.

• piranha

Any thoughts on David West or proj. minutes he might play?

• mbyrd75

@elementasrat said...

So since Cleveland is gonna blow them out, do we just continue the preseason fun and lock in McRae/Felder? Lol, good times.

Felder is out with that concussion and McCrae is behind Shump who’s behind Smith at the 2. I guess he could get some run as a backup 1 though I haven’t seen much speculation on how that rotation will shake out.

• goblue84

@madmanjayWV said...

NBA is almost as much trash in terms of basketball skill as the NFL is — everyone is talking about how crappy the NFL (pure playing the game of football is) is lately and losing viewership for bad product, etc., whatever reasons……..

NBA — watch games? You can cash with freaking ZERO’s (O) o’s..in your lineup in both GPP and CASH…. watching a horrid product such as the NBA for hours on end is pointless, unless you just have no life and/OR that’s what you do, which is awesome.

The last 5 mins of an NBA game and overtime are all one needs to tune in for, honestly. Knowing roster construction of NBA lineups (injuries/day/off— we’re RUNNING our BIG LU vs. our SMALL-BALL LU) — just knowing who is on the teams along with potential #GAMEFLOW is all you need to know — or understand, in game theory — and attempt to APPLY DAILY — at least that’s how I roll?

This ain’t your early – late 80s, etc, BIRD vs. MAGIC years…………

I appreciate everyone chiming in on a 3-game NBA slate….now the ? is will FANDUEL get their $4 GPP 100% FILLED — I’m sniffing #OVERLAYBABY

I also devised a plan where (AS WE KNOW) — ppl get ‘AROUNDMAX-ENTRYRULES” — anyway — my thought was if 7 guys played 1 lineup and 1 lineup only x50, said 7 guys (AND THIS may be might be 100% ILLEGAL) — I mean who knows??? I think it’s OK, but 7 dudes..

U ME — the 3 AMIGOS with Bonnie and Clyde — The $4 FANDUEL is 150-max entry (evidently) — I can’t see it on a desktop; I don’t notice it posted anywhere, but my buddy in NY uses the AP and he told me 150 $4 limit, so I“m going off that…..

Everyone who doesn’t think THE FOLLOWING BELOW is not going on, has never happened or will not happen in the future is quite NAIVE about #DFSSYNDICATES …………. and the landscape of Daily Fantasy Sports in General.

So 7 ppl play 1 LU 50 times (or increase the variance by 7ppl playing 3 unique lineups 50x each for a 350-man CHOO CHOO TRAIN) —— each with the goal of hitting and WIPING out the top 350 places in the FD $4 GPP (it’s a broad stroke on a much larger canvas, just simplified b4 #BOOKERSCORES2TDs tonight…go DENVER!!! anyway — if u r still with me …

1st-5th = $380,000
    6th-10th = $23,500
    11th-15th = $10,000
    16th-22nd = $10,500
    31st-45th = $11,250
    46th-70th = $12,500
    71st-100th = $9,000
    101st-170th = $14,000
    171st-250th = $8,000
    251st-350th = $7,500
    ============================
    TOTAL POOL $486,250 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Keeping in context 7 ppl playing the exact 50 perfect LUs —- THUS a 350-man train based on would be
    $1,389 per $4 entry + $0.2857 cents……

That’s a potential $69,464 + 29 cents in change if 7 ppl played the same exact LU and it was perfect with no one else rostering said LU

P.S. — In LAYMAN’s TERMS it would be #NIRVANA winning $69,500 for $200 RISK

THAT my friends is the SKILL OF DFS ^^^^^^^^^^^^ #DEEPPOCKETS

Slow down, Cotton Eye Joe

• mbyrd75

@mbyrd75 said...

Felder is out with that concussion and McCrae is behind Shump who’s behind Smith at the 2. I guess he could get some run as a backup 1 though I haven’t seen much speculation on how that rotation will shake out.

Here’s some of that but who really knows with the coach speak..

The Cavs will use combo guard Iman Shumpert as their second point guard, behind Kyrie Irving.

Lue also said DeAndre Liggins could potentially get a chance to back up Irving.

“Just have to see how Shump does,” Lue said. “If he’s comfortable with it and feels good when we’re doing it then we will continue to roll with Shump.”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.