NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : New York ( 9.5 ) at Cleveland ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 6 ) at Portland ( -6 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 8.5 ) at Golden State ( -8.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• lightninglarry

• Ranked #58

RG Tiered Ranking

Dk cash
    Tony Parker and Rodney hood or melo and iman Shumpert? Leaning option 1

• Dfspacman

Who’s a better pick, Curry or Durant?
    Which of them will Kawhi be on?
    Is Mack(PG of Utah) a good value play?

• lightninglarry

• Ranked #58

RG Tiered Ranking

Leonard has to.guard durant I would assume

• piranha

@lightninglarry said...

Dk cash
    Tony Parker and Rodney hood or melo and iman Shumpert? Leaning option 1

Option 1

• byo34

Noah or TT?

FD, Cash.

• dipjce

Im going play Kyrie on fanduel… but Im going to fade him on DK total fade on 8000 is little inflated after his incredible finals. 7100 is fair

• Johno

@madmanjayWV said...

NBA is almost as much trash in terms of basketball skill as the NFL is — everyone is talking about how crappy the NFL (pure playing the game of football is) is lately and losing viewership for bad product, etc., whatever reasons……..

NBA — watch games? You can cash with freaking ZERO’s (O) o’s..in your lineup in both GPP and CASH…. watching a horrid product such as the NBA for hours on end is pointless, unless you just have no life and/OR that’s what you do, which is awesome.

The last 5 mins of an NBA game and overtime are all one needs to tune in for, honestly. Knowing roster construction of NBA lineups (injuries/day/off— we’re RUNNING our BIG LU vs. our SMALL-BALL LU) — just knowing who is on the teams along with potential #GAMEFLOW is all you need to know — or understand, in game theory — and attempt to APPLY DAILY — at least that’s how I roll?

This ain’t your early – late 80s, etc, BIRD vs. MAGIC years…………

I appreciate everyone chiming in on a 3-game NBA slate….now the ? is will FANDUEL get their $4 GPP 100% FILLED — I’m sniffing #OVERLAYBABY

I also devised a plan where (AS WE KNOW) — ppl get ‘AROUNDMAX-ENTRYRULES” — anyway — my thought was if 7 guys played 1 lineup and 1 lineup only x50, said 7 guys (AND THIS may be might be 100% ILLEGAL) — I mean who knows??? I think it’s OK, but 7 dudes..

U ME — the 3 AMIGOS with Bonnie and Clyde — The $4 FANDUEL is 150-max entry (evidently) — I can’t see it on a desktop; I don’t notice it posted anywhere, but my buddy in NY uses the AP and he told me 150 $4 limit, so I“m going off that…..

Everyone who doesn’t think THE FOLLOWING BELOW is not going on, has never happened or will not happen in the future is quite NAIVE about #DFSSYNDICATES …………. and the landscape of Daily Fantasy Sports in General.

So 7 ppl play 1 LU 50 times (or increase the variance by 7ppl playing 3 unique lineups 50x each for a 350-man CHOO CHOO TRAIN) —— each with the goal of hitting and WIPING out the top 350 places in the FD $4 GPP (it’s a broad stroke on a much larger canvas, just simplified b4 #BOOKERSCORES2TDs tonight…go DENVER!!! anyway — if u r still with me …

1st-5th = $380,000
    6th-10th = $23,500
    11th-15th = $10,000
    16th-22nd = $10,500
    31st-45th = $11,250
    46th-70th = $12,500
    71st-100th = $9,000
    101st-170th = $14,000
    171st-250th = $8,000
    251st-350th = $7,500
    ============================
    TOTAL POOL $486,250 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Keeping in context 7 ppl playing the exact 50 perfect LUs —- THUS a 350-man train based on would be
    $1,389 per $4 entry + $0.2857 cents……

That’s a potential $69,464 + 29 cents in change if 7 ppl played the same exact LU and it was perfect with no one else rostering said LU

P.S. — In LAYMAN’s TERMS it would be #NIRVANA winning $69,500 for $200 RISK

THAT my friends is the SKILL OF DFS ^^^^^^^^^^^^ #DEEPPOCKETS

My head hurts

• tianyihe

Why is aminu priced so low on dk, am I missing something?

• Jwsmith

@Dfspacman said...

Who’s a better pick, Curry or Durant?
    Which of them will Kawhi be on?
    Is Mack(PG of Utah) a good value play?

I actually have a lineup with both and kawhi. I went with Exum instead of Mack as I believe the jazz will want to get back some of their investment on Exum rather quickly and he played fairly well in the preseason and figures to be atleast 6 or 7th in the rotation.

• Thomas21

Fading Durant is just overthinking it. He’s absolutely 1 of the 3 best scorers in the league and has had no problem dominating Kawhi Leonard multiple times last year during the regular season and playoffs. Also, just from watching them in the preseason and how the usage has been handled, Durant should see enough touches to get his 40+ DK points imo.

• Thomas21

I believe Patty Mills and Manu are good GPP plays on DK with Green out. Both are backups, yes but both should see 20 minutes of playing time and both are known to go off in limited time. It’s worth it on a 3 game slate where all of the top plays will have sky-high ownership in my opinion.

• dipjce

Im trying to reply a O’Quin qusstion…as far as the jazz you can play diaw lyles and try and get 48 mins of PF for 7k

• lightninglarry

• Ranked #58

RG Tiered Ranking

How many minutes do u think Manu gets, Anderson get with green out? I think Anderson gets a big bump, I’m just afraid his usage will be horrible still. Looking at him in cash.

• S7ubs

@TeamTwerk said...

Is having Gobert and Lyles (if Favors is out) in the same GPP lineup a mistake? Only so many rebounds to go around problem?

No. I will have the same

• krighton

is it almost imperative to have Duran/Lebron in every GPP lineup

• Rachelynn51912

Any word on Favors?

• CJtheGrump

Feels like throwing darts. I think the value plays will be chalk too.

• CJtheGrump

• osuryanf

@quake211 said...

predictions for how many entries end up in the DK tipoff special? I’m thinking we see lots of overlay and end up about 220k out of 294k

I bet it fills, honestly. Last year the 300k filled nearly a day early, then they put up another 100k and it filled no problem.. I’ll be very surprised if it doesn’t fill.

• osuryanf

@CJtheGrump said...

There’s several value plays that won’t be chalk. Picking the correct value plays is what will separate you from the field.

• patpat1999

Anyone like David Lee tonight for GPP?

• osuryanf

Update on Favors:

Favors (knee) was a limited participant again during Monday’s practice, Aaron Falk of the Salt Lake Tribune reports.

Favors returned to practice Sunday after dealing with a bone bruise and IT band soreness in his left knee, but was only a limited participant, as the Jazz wanted to ease him back into action. He was restricted again throughout Monday’s practice, which seems to indicate Favors is unlikely to play in Tuesday’s preseason opener. He’s yet to be officially ruled out, so we’ll likely see his status updated following Tuesday’s morning shootaround. Trey Lyles would likely be the main beneficiary in minutes in his place if Favors is ultimately kept on the sidelines.

• Danny830x

What’s a typical winning score for the larger NBA tourneys on DK? Just looking for a range – like 220-260 for NFL.

• Rachelynn51912

@Danny830x said...

What’s a typical winning score for the larger NBA tourneys on DK? Just looking for a range – like 220-260 for NFL.

300+

• osuryanf

@Danny830x said...

Rachelynn is correct. Expect something around 315-330 tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).