NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : New York ( 9.5 ) at Cleveland ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 6 ) at Portland ( -6 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 8.5 ) at Golden State ( -8.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• oatw

I’m laughing at this thread. Reading this shows how much of an advantage people that grinded preseason will have starting out. I hope you all play some of the people you are mentioning

• krighton

someone mentioned Durant/Curry, i’ll probably gamble on starting them

• hobbes2d

@TeamTwerk said...

Maybe Plumlee can do ok but Gobert is one of the best defenders in the league.

The nice thing about Plumlee is he doesn’t have to score a lot to bring value. He is usually good for a few assists, steals and blocks in addition to the rebounds. That’s what might make Zaza a great play at 4K as well.

• hobbes2d

@terrypercs said...

Jennings should get 25-30 minutes I feel primarily because D rose hasnt practiced much with his trial going on and plus I think we’re running a two PG backcourt most of the time tbh. Dont quote me on it though.

I could see the 2 backcourt thing. Hornacek had Bledsoe and Dragic playing well together in Phoenix before they stupidly signed IT and ruined their team chemistry.

• dp33071

I think I’m going to stay away from GS players for a while to see how things work it’s self out. The big 4 of GS are all high priced and no way all 4 go off in a night. So it’s a big risk with their salaries being high that if you have a bad game from one of the big 4 your doomed. Also if you pick one of them you have to go small somewhere else, and that has to hit as well. I’ll be staying away from GS besides Zaza

• dp33071

Big blazer fan here, plumlee is a good pick. He handles the ball a lot in half cut sets we use. He also pushes the ball upcourt sometimes when he gets a rebound, for a big man he can run the fast break pretty good. Also he looks more comfortable this year. He put on a little size to that should help his rebounding numbers a little

• DubSteve

Anyone thinking about David Lee and David West playing against their old teams? Especially if GSW go up big, those two could see some productive second half minutes

• zigger77

Anyone on Lee at 3900 on FD? He got big minutes last year with Charlotte. Hes a solid player and a decent defender. Am I crazy for thinking he gets 30 minutes or so? The knicks dont really have that much talent at SG. I think he can put up 20 FDPs in 30 minutes and is decent value.

• IronMonkey415

Give Ed Davis minutes and he will eat out there.

Yes I am playing him.

• terrypercs

@IronMonkey415 said...

Give Ed Davis minutes and he will eat out there.

Yes I am playing him.

BOSIGN

• dp33071

Courtney Lee burned my many times last year. I will be staying away from him

• dp33071

Ed Davis always does well in the minutes he gets. The only thing is will he get mins like last year? With Aminu at the 4 now, turner off the bench and Meyers Leonard back, I don’t think he will get as much run as last year.

• hobbes2d

@DubSteve said...

Anyone thinking about David Lee and David West playing against their old teams? Especially if GSW go up big, those two could see some productive second half minutes

Lee could get a double double in his time off the bench. So he’s pretty appealing. West isn’t a bad punt either.

• hobbes2d

@dp33071 said...

Ed Davis always does well in the minutes he gets. The only thing is will he get mins like last year? With Aminu at the 4 now, turner off the bench and Meyers Leonard back, I don’t think he will get as much run as last year.

Plus they seem committed to giving Vonlah minutes still also.

• dp33071

Also about Ed Davis, Stotts does not like to play him and Plumlee at the same time because of limited offense. So when Ed is on the floor he will be on the floor with Meyers Leonard

• hobbes2d

@dp33071 said...

Courtney Lee burned my many times last year. I will be staying away from him

He has very limited ceiling IMO.

• dp33071

@hobbes2d said...

Plus they seem committed to giving Vonlah minutes still also.

Not like last year, but Vonlah has looked very good in pre season. He is a rebounding machine. There is def more of a log jam at PF and C this year. Not to mention Fetus will be in the rotation when he gets healthy

• williegivan11

@terrypercs said...

definitely would require a “Pause” if I was amongst friends in real life lmao.

yeah I was laughing cause I thought you was refering to D. Rose & his case when you said horny, shit was funny, aint realize you meant the coach

• hobbes2d

@dp33071 said...

Not like last year, but Vonlah has looked very good in pre season. He is a rebounding machine. There is def more of a log jam at PF and C this year. Not to mention Fetus will be in the rotation when he gets healthy

That’s a big “when”. As a Warriors fan I’m concerned about Festus.

• terrypercs

@williegivan11 said...

yeah I was laughing cause I thought you was refering to D. Rose & his case when you said horny, shit was funny, aint realize you meant the coach

ohhhh yeah Im a dickhead bro. Thought you were cold laughing at my analysis ;my feelings were hurt lmao

• terrypercs

@williegivan11 said...

plus Im not as great at DFS as I just came across. ;/

• DirkDigglerz

Lillard will outscore Steph

• terrypercs

I find it hard to fade Steph cause hes chalked up and he’s most likely going to hit at least 3-4 threes, get buckets, get some boards, dimes and a steal or two.

• mellofellowsu

@terrypercs said...

I find it hard to fade Steph cause hes chalked up and he’s most likely going to hit at least 3-4 threes, get buckets, get some boards, dimes and a steal or two.

Seems to me most are making a choice between Steph and Lillard. I don’t doubt that either of the will ball out. But it’s about who’s more likely to exceed value and by how much. I vote Lillard.

Not insignificant conversation given that the slate is so small and margins to cash and win will be razor thin.

In before someone says “I have a lineup with Steph, Lillard, Lebron and Durant and I don’t hate it.”

• hobbes2d

@mellofellowsu said...

Seems to me most are making a choice between Steph and Lillard. I don’t doubt that either of the will ball out. But it’s about who’s more likely to exceed value and by how much. I vote Lillard.

Not insignificant conversation given that the slate is so small and margins to cash and win will be razor thin.

I would play both. Steph’s going to want to remind everyone who the MVP is on home court. Kawhi has to be on Durant, and no Danny Green Steph should go off. He usually does against the Spurs anyway.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).