NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : New York ( 9.5 ) at Cleveland ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 6 ) at Portland ( -6 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 8.5 ) at Golden State ( -8.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• zigger77

SG on FD is ugh. Like Its Mccollum and Klay at the top. Then its Hood, JR, Crabbe, Courtney Lee, Shump, Ginobli, Ian Clark, and Vucajic. None of the lower guys are THAT good or have any kind of a ceiling or floor

• DubSteve

Hood isn’t that much cheaper than Klay or McCollum, but he should have some nice usage with Hayward, Lyles, and probably Favors out

• bmann

It’s very important to figure out the SG and SF matchups for Utah-Por. Hood is definitely a nice play but there’s a big difference between seeing CJ and seeing Turner or even Harkness (blazers fans – any idea who is starting?) Same for Joe Johnson. If he sees McCollum, he gets a nice upgrade.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

All in on Klay, he’s about to shoot Kyle Anderson lights out!

• California_Cool

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

So far the only lock for me is Curry. He simply has the highest floor at his positon, and its not close. Love playing Dame, esp at home, but w/ Gobert guarding the rim, and the pace the jazz play, he is definitely more GPP

• zigger77

@bmann said...

It’s very important to figure out the SG and SF matchups for Utah-Por. Hood is definitely a nice play but there’s a big difference between seeing CJ and seeing Turner or even Harkness (blazers fans – any idea who is starting?) Same for Joe Johnson. If he sees McCollum, he gets a nice upgrade.

Harkless was named the starter a few days ago. It would be Joe johnson on harkless to start the game and CJ vs Hood

• dp33071

@bmann said...

Blazer fan here, Harkless for sure. I’m not to worried about Hood taking it to C.J. Just a little tidbit, the Blazers are starting Aminu at the 4 because we want to play faster plus we will be switching on everything on defense thru pick n rolls. Harkless and Aminu are very good defenders and they can guard PG as well (Harkless on CP3 in playoffs). So unless they plan on posting up C.J. with Hood I wouldn’t look to much into it. Then again I could be bias lol.

• Whacko

I’m not seeing anything that leads me to believe that I should roster JR Smith, the guy just kills me regardless of his price.

Looking at that Cavs/Knicks matchup I can’t see anything that will change my mind on Smith.

In a bigger slate I might be tempted but in this 3 game slate I won’t do it.

• Jwhosky

@zigger77 said...

Anyone on Lee at 3900 on FD? He got big minutes last year with Charlotte. Hes a solid player and a decent defender. Am I crazy for thinking he gets 30 minutes or so? The knicks dont really have that much talent at SG. I think he can put up 20 FDPs in 30 minutes and is decent value.

I am al over LEE. Got 29mins a game in pre season.. he IS the starting SG and ROSE isn’t at full sync with offense yet. They will need him to press a bit more than usual. He gets hustle Defensive stats too, which is nice… great value IMO

• hobbes2d

@dp33071 said...

Blazer fan here, Harkless for sure. I’m not to worried about Hood taking it to C.J. Just a little tidbit, the Blazers are starting Aminu at the 4 because we want to play faster plus we will be switching on everything on defense thru pick n rolls. Harkless and Aminu are very good defenders and they can guard PG as well (Harkless on CP3 in playoffs). So unless they plan on posting up C.J. with Hood I wouldn’t look to much into it. Then again I could be bias lol.

I loved the Blazers last year and adding another versatile guy in Turner just makes me love them even more. Such a versatile team with a deep bench.

• hobbes2d

I wish Wednesday’s slate would come out so I can start research on it. :/

• americanpaleale

Kyle Anderson? Anyone? $3,500 on Fd and starting

• Bohawk911

You not the only one!!!

• Tajtrivedi

No merit to fading them on a 3 game slate. Not a night to get too cute or go balanced

• damionismyname

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@mbyrd75 said...

http://www.hashtagbasketball.com/nba-beat-reporter-tweets

Also I use sportspyder.com because it aggregates articles as well on a different tab. Little older setup though and can be annoying.

sorry this site is horrible. hardly loads because so much data for all 30 streams. Any alternative?

• Supersharpie

@DubSteve said...

Hood isn’t that much cheaper than Klay or McCollum, but he should have some nice usage with Hayward, Lyles, and probably Favors out

Pretty sure Lyles isn’t out unless he injured himself at practice today. You sure you aren’t confusing him with someone else?

• moped_jones

@krighton said...

Do most of you NBA DFS players prefer Fanduel over Draftkings?

Whichever one I am winning the most on is the one I like.

They have different prices, different amount of players, different strategies. I wish DK would have kept late swap (just another thing to keep them different from FD). I do like the multi-position they’ve added though. But overall, I just really enjoy playing either one. I started playing Nov of last year (started winning some decent money towards the end of the NBA season) and in that time I’ve watched more NBA than the previous 20 years combined. It’s fun not having a favorite team yet rooting for different players every night.

• oatw

Trey Lyles is not out

• Supersharpie

@oatw said...

Trey Lyles is not out

Thanks, I think he is one of the plays of the day with Favors and Hayward out. Hopefully he flies under the radar.

• ActionJunkie

@hobbes2d said...

I wish Wednesday’s slate would come out so I can start research on it. :/

Yahoo. They’ve had up the Wednesday slate for awhile now.

• whitemamba86

all u guys do is complain on here. how about u talk about picks u like instead of getting mad draftkings is doing a tuesday thing instead of wednesday. blah blah blah . if u want to complain go to facebook. the cavs will smash the knicks by 20 easy. the jazz play at the slowest pace so if u pick people from that game they have to shoot a great % to reach value like dame. hes not going to shoot 18 out of 23 all the time. the warriors will win by ten . people are trying to be cute to fade people cause of %. same thing as football do not fade the chalk!!!!! the people who fade curry or lebron fully health and no injuries yet are wasting money

• mbyrd75

@zigger77 said...

Looking back at the gamelogs he averaged 3-5 assists in his minutes, which I mean isnt bad for a big man by any means. And on DK, theres not really any great plays for under 4900.

Averaged 5.4 per 100 last year. Not bad at all for a big and seems to have improved in that area if the preseason is to be believed

• Rosterbate

@Supersharpie said...

Thanks, I think he is one of the plays of the day with Favors and Hayward out. Hopefully he flies under the radar.

I think he will be pretty highly owned. He’s likely to come off the bench regardless if Favors plays or not as he is the main scoring option on the second unit. I’m guessing he’ll see about 25 min and think he is the best and safest lowest priced option on DK. Others I like are Courtney Lee and Kyle Anderson, but I think those three are all pretty obvious and will likely be well owned. Dante Exum may be a decent GPP play with Burks out he can backup Hill and Hood so may see a bump in minutes until Burks returns. Another min priced guy I’m curious about is Justin Holiday, he can put up points if given the time I’m just not sure how many minutes he’ll get in the Knicks rotation. Any Knicks fans here have any input on Holiday?

• Kujo2020

@Unico10 said...

My two cents…

3 game slate that features the 3 best defensive teams in the NBA, plus one and possibly two blowouts.

I say don’t over-think it and play a bit less than usual.

Agreed. I’m only using my 1 free FD ticket I won for the opening night slate. On DK, I’ll probably just play one or two tournament contest. I’ll go bigger Wednesday night.

On this opening night slate, I’ll definitely be playing Kwahi in one of the SF spots.

• zigger77

@whitemamba86 said...

all u guys do is complain on here. how about u talk about picks u like instead of getting mad draftkings is doing a tuesday thing instead of wednesday. blah blah blah . if u want to complain go to facebook. the cavs will smash the knicks by 20 easy. the jazz play at the slowest pace so if u pick people from that game they have to shoot a great % to reach value like dame. hes not going to shoot 18 out of 23 all the time. the warriors will win by ten . people are trying to be cute to fade people cause of %. same thing as football do not fade the chalk!!!!! the people who fade curry or lebron fully health and no injuries yet are wasting money

You can easily fade lebron or curry, if currys shot isnt falling it isnt falling. Anyone could bomb. Even lebron can only get 30 FDP and not get close to what his value. Cash yeah play them, theyre safe plays with a good floor and upside. But in gpps anything is really possible. Injuries happen all the time.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).