NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : New York ( 9.5 ) at Cleveland ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 6 ) at Portland ( -6 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 8.5 ) at Golden State ( -8.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Jflack3

@whitemamba86 said...

all u guys do is complain on here. how about u talk about picks u like instead of getting mad draftkings is doing a tuesday thing instead of wednesday. blah blah blah . if u want to complain go to facebook. the cavs will smash the knicks by 20 easy. the jazz play at the slowest pace so if u pick people from that game they have to shoot a great % to reach value like dame. hes not going to shoot 18 out of 23 all the time. the warriors will win by ten . people are trying to be cute to fade people cause of %. same thing as football do not fade the chalk!!!!! the people who fade curry or lebron fully health and no injuries yet are wasting money

amen

• DubSteve

Oh my bad, substitute Burks for Lyles there

• hobbes2d

@Supersharpie said...

Thanks, I think he is one of the plays of the day with Favors and Hayward out. Hopefully he flies under the radar.

He won’t. Lyles will be super chalk.

• zigger77

Mcgruder won someone a gpp for like 3k on FD one night. ANYTHING can happen. The only reason he did good was because Tyler Johnson sat out and nobody knew that and he ended up getting 30 minutes.

• Whacko

@whitemamba86 said...

all u guys do is complain on here. how about u talk about picks u like instead of getting mad draftkings is doing a tuesday thing instead of wednesday. blah blah blah . if u want to complain go to facebook. the cavs will smash the knicks by 20 easy. the jazz play at the slowest pace so if u pick people from that game they have to shoot a great % to reach value like dame. hes not going to shoot 18 out of 23 all the time. the warriors will win by ten . people are trying to be cute to fade people cause of %. same thing as football do not fade the chalk!!!!! the people who fade curry or lebron fully health and no injuries yet are wasting money

Woah…
    Everything is Chalk on a short slate like this.

It’s all about how you put the Chalk in the LU construction.

• hobbes2d

Haven’t seen anyone mention Frye. He’s always a good punt option.

• Darkman33

Man, I played NBA last year without really watching , just looking at DVP charts. I won just often enough to stay interested but I see I’m at a big disadvantage not being a avid watcher of the games. Amazing how many guys change teams in a year.

• IronMonkey415

How many lineups you guys playing tomorrow?

And to answer that question up there..I do have Frye and Porzingis

• zigger77

@IronMonkey415 said...

110 in the clutch shot on FD should be fun

• Fontaine

8 pages of NBA talk an not one person mention the Center that will be on the winning GPP lineups. Joakim Noah. Thanks, I will take him at low ownership then.

• osuryanf

@whitemamba86 said...

Pace discussion with the Jazz always cracks me up. Sure, some teams obviously play faster which can be fantasy relevant. But there’s a 24 second shot clock for each team and it’s not like Utah waits until 1 second to get a shot off each possession.

Useful stat, sure, it can be. Overrated stat? Definitely

• Rosterbate

@Fontaine said...

8 pages of NBA talk an not one person mention the Center that will be on the winning GPP lineups. Joakim Noah. Thanks, I will take him at low ownership then.

I’ve got some Joakim going tomorrow, I definitely think C is the deepest position tomorrow as there are quite a few good options. The multi-position change really offers more flexibility in lineup construction.

• NESBears120

I want to play Klay tonight but I can talk myself into clicking on him… any advice

• Whacko

@Fontaine said...

Joakim Noah

As per the latest news on Rotoworld
    “”(player-popup)Joakim Noah”:/players/joakim-noah-1404 acknowledged that he felt “a step slow” on the defensive end during the preseason.
    “Right now I feel a step slow defensively. And I have to do better. I have to do better for this ball-club. We all do,” Noah said. “I mean for sure I feel like I haven’t played in a long time. I just have to get my steps, get my first step back, and it will come. It will come.” Shoulder surgery kept Noah off the court for all but 29 games last year, and then he missed time during the preseason with an ankle and hamstring issue, so it makes sense that he’s feeling a bit rusty.”

He’s a reach and perhaps you are right….but…on a short slate and his price 5.5K on DK and 5.0K on FD I view him reaching value but not much upside, However you might be right.

• whitemamba86

this 3 game slate is the easiest to pick. i think u guys are over thinking it. so like in football if a rb goes down u plug in the next rb for super cheap and gets a full game. just like in ball. there are super people that will get run like lyles. fade at ur own risk. kyle anderson full game run at super cheap. dont play knicks unless its lee or noah maybe some 2nd team people cause they will get blown out. nobody on that team can contain lebron plain in simple. the jazz are the slowest pace team ever so pick at ur own risk maybe gobert . dame cj plumlee good plays cause they always score vs jazz. not picking warrios people because u dont know how they will run is plain dumb. i keep seeing u guys wanting to play joe johnson lol wanting to play blazers back up pf/c which will be maybe 15 mins. george hill is a great defender so i dont think dame drops 30 unless he shoots 25 times. dont over think it. play the teams with the hghest totals and plug in back up players who are getting a full run of 25+ mins

• hobbes2d

@IronMonkey415 said...

Maybe just a couple only. Too small a slate for me to go crazy.

• Rosterbate

@osuryanf said...

Pace discussion with the Jazz always cracks me up. Sure, some teams obviously play faster which can be fantasy relevant. But there’s a 24 second shot clock for each team and it’s not like Utah waits until 1 second to get a shot off each possession.

Utah and Portland’s most recent reg. season game was 115-111, the others were 99-85, 109-96, and 108-92. 3/4 were high scoring last year, I don’t think the pace should be much of a concern for this game.

• whitemamba86

what do u guys think the winning score will be for this 3 game slate?

• hobbes2d

@osuryanf said...

Totally agree. Plus for slower paced teams you still have guys who will drop 40 to 50 DFS points per game.

• hobbes2d

@whitemamba86 said...

what do u guys think the winning score will be for this 3 game slate?

• al3b3d3v

@Supersharpie said...

Thanks, I think he is one of the plays of the day with Favors and Hayward out. Hopefully he flies under the radar.

if favors is out this guy is chalk in cash

• Rosterbate

@NESBears120 said...

I want to play Klay tonight but I can talk myself into clicking on him… any advice

I would never consider playing Klay tonight, Maybe tomorrow though. All kidding aside I think I like CJ better but it’s pretty much a tossup. Klay can really go off but if his shot isn’t dropping he doesn’t have a very high floor. I have him in a few GPP lineups, SG is very thin on the opening slate.

• zigger77

@Rosterbate said...

Utah and Portland’s most recent reg. season game was 115-111, the others were 99-85, 109-96, and 108-92. 3/4 were high scoring last year, I don’t think the pace should be much of a concern for this game.

They played this preseason and it was 88-84 I know 4th quarter was backups, but its still one of the slower paced games.

• al3b3d3v

@whitemamba86 said...

p

this. look at what dame dollah did vs hill last season.

• zigger77

@whitemamba86 said...

this 3 game slate is the easiest to pick. i think u guys are over thinking it. so like in football if a rb goes down u plug in the next rb for super cheap and gets a full game. just like in ball. there are super people that will get run like lyles. fade at ur own risk. kyle anderson full game run at super cheap. dont play knicks unless its lee or noah maybe some 2nd team people cause they will get blown out. nobody on that team can contain lebron plain in simple. the jazz are the slowest pace team ever so pick at ur own risk maybe gobert . dame cj plumlee good plays cause they always score vs jazz. not picking warrios people because u dont know how they will run is plain dumb. i keep seeing u guys wanting to play joe johnson lol wanting to play blazers back up pf/c which will be maybe 15 mins. george hill is a great defender so i dont think dame drops 30 unless he shoots 25 times. dont over think it. play the teams with the hghest totals and plug in back up players who are getting a full run of 25+ mins

Preseason was to watch how a team would play. The warriors played in the preseason how do you not know how they will play?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).