NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : New York ( 9.5 ) at Cleveland ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( 6 ) at Portland ( -6 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 8.5 ) at Golden State ( -8.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Whacko

@whitemamba86
    Are you typing from your phone?

Fix the auto correct to have Warriors please.

And the winning score I believe that will be needed on DK is 320+, to cash I feel it’ll be around 240+
    No idea about FD to be honest.

• whitemamba86

people putting stats up about how portland scored so much points vs jazz last year. dame and cj shot over 60% in thoughs game. hill will limit dame easy. cj gets hood who isnt good at defending. people want to play joe but harkless is 15 years younger and way good at defense. if anyone u pick from this game is should be dame maybe… cj yup plumlee yup. jazz is hill hood if his hand is ok but gobert is a must. then lyles or diaw thats it. portland is horrible guarding guards and centers and good against wings.

• Jwsmith

@whitemamba86 said...

this 3 game slate is the easiest to pick. i think u guys are over thinking it. so like in football if a rb goes down u plug in the next rb for super cheap and gets a full game. just like in ball. there are super people that will get run like lyles. fade at ur own risk. kyle anderson full game run at super cheap. dont play knicks unless its lee or noah maybe some 2nd team people cause they will get blown out. nobody on that team can contain lebron plain in simple. the jazz are the slowest pace team ever so pick at ur own risk maybe gobert . dame cj plumlee good plays cause they always score vs jazz. not picking warrios people because u dont know how they will run is plain dumb. i keep seeing u guys wanting to play joe johnson lol wanting to play blazers back up pf/c which will be maybe 15 mins. george hill is a great defender so i dont think dame drops 30 unless he shoots 25 times. dont over think it. play the teams with the hghest totals and plug in back up players who are getting a full run of 25+ mins

What back ups are you thinking of? I’m stuck as I want to go Pau as the Warriors usually give up a lot to PFs/Cs, but I feel Plumlee could far exceed his value.

• Petergunz82

@whitemamba86 said...

what do u guys think the winning score will be for this 3 game slate?

• Darkman33

Dude you better kill it with all this condensending talk. (Whitemamba)

• Rosterbate

@zigger77 said...

They played this preseason and it was 88-84 I know 4th quarter was backups, but its still one of the slower paced games.

True, I wouldn’t consider game stacking Utah v POR but I also wouldn’t completely fade people you think are decent plays based on the pace. I think Gobert, Lyles, Hill, Dame, CJ, and Plumlee could end up decent plays.

• mbyrd75

@osuryanf said...

Pace discussion with the Jazz always cracks me up. Sure, some teams obviously play faster which can be fantasy relevant. But there’s a 24 second shot clock for each team and it’s not like Utah waits until 1 second to get a shot off each possession.

Useful stat, sure, it can be. Overrated stat? Definitely

100%. We are talking max 6-8 less possessions than league average? If it’s the tiebreaker and all other numbers between 2 players are equal sure but making it the main cog is overkill IMO.

• mellofellowsu

@zigger77 said...

But in gpps anything is really possible. Injuries happen all the time.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a more balanced LU win. Everyone’s trying to fit the stars in.

• whitemamba86

backup players i like are frye cause cavs will smash knicks by 20 entering the 4th. the cavs are the only team with the same role players as last year so u know who is going to get what kind of mins. all 5 teams added people. tt from cavs will eat noah alive. jr smith is hit or miss but if he hits 3 3’s easy pick then. plumlee is a great pick same as gobert. boris diaw is a great value. kyle anderson, manu, cj, lee, aminu,zaza, tt.

• Jwsmith

Jordan McRae is the sleeper pick I’m thinking of. I would’ve had 100% exposure of the cavs didn’t resign smith

• whitemamba86

when a starter goes down everyone wants to play the backup player for that spot. im the opposite i want to the play the opposing team starter vs the backups. so if lyles is starting give me all the aminu. go look at game logs from last year to see who ya want to play. i dont think i will pick a spur unless its kawhi parker manu or anderson. portland is dame cj aminu plumlee. jazz is hill gobert lyels diaw. knicks lee noah porzingus maybe melo but hes getting guarded by lerbon. cavs are the whole starting 5 plus frye. warrios is curry durant zaza.

• hobbes2d

@whitemamba86 said...

people putting stats up about how portland scored so much points vs jazz last year. dame and cj shot over 60% in thoughs game. hill will limit dame easy. cj gets hood who isnt good at defending. people want to play joe but harkless is 15 years younger and way good at defense. if anyone u pick from this game is should be dame maybe… cj yup plumlee yup. jazz is hill hood if his hand is ok but gobert is a must. then lyles or diaw thats it. portland is horrible guarding guards and centers and good against wings.

Lillard put up 46 and 48 DK pts against Indiana last year…

• Jwsmith

I don’t feel George hill is a great pick either as the Jazz are really high on Exum and want to get him as much fun as possible

• brannigan73

Don’t understand the people that say they don’t want to play a 3 game slate. I understand the overlap makes it harder but 3 game slates might happen 10 times a year or more. No way I could pass on that many days!

• JoeTheJETThomas

When someone says they don’t like playing three game slates on opening night…

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjYrJGKp_TPAhVC7YMKHeHzDkAQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.quickmeme.com%2Fmeme%2F3571m2&psig=AFQjCNEtLJD14Et6eps8m6oJV7yXo7T1rg&ust=1477428200136115

• IronMonkey415

Once Tuesday morning arrive, people will cave in and WILL play a few lineups.

• whitemamba86

let me ask this question. when u plug in stars like dame curry durant lebron what do u think a multiplier from them will will this contest tomorrow . do u think 5 x from ur stars will win it?

• Whacko

I highly recommend heading over to Fantasylabs and read the cool article that just was posted on Weighted Usage Rates and Early-Season NBA.

http://www.fantasylabs.com/articles/weighted-usage-rates-early-season-nba/

• nateW

Anyone got max amount of lineups up in that $200,000 FD tourney but still going to get topped by me and my one lineup? Lol.

• kratos12

All this talk and the games don’t start until tomorrow lol Dame we all miss NBA don’t we????

• JoeTheJETThomas

@nateW said...

Anyone got max amount of lineups up in that $200,000 FD tourney but still going to get topped by me and my one lineup? Lol.

I would love to do max line-up but I really don’t think it’s necessary. Def entering more than a few though!

• JoeTheJETThomas

@kratos12 said...

All this talk and the games don’t start until tomorrow lol Dame we all miss NBA don’t we????

I’m pumped for opening night! Miss it much!

• whitemamba86

and if u dont think the warriors win it all this year ur crazy. the game plan from cavs was to leave barnes wide open and he couldnt make an open shot to save his life. no way u can leave kd alone. there death lineup will be amazing this year. curry thompson iggy durant green. u can never double team steph or thompson anymore at the top of the 3 point line like they did last year. im a celtics fan but man if everyone stays healthy they will win it. currys ankles will be better cause now he has kd to do the scoring when hes sore

• IronMonkey415

5 lineups for me in that FD Clutch contest. I think that is enough for the first day.

• bmann

Need some damn Favors news can’t even begin making lineups without it

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).