NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

7:00 PM EST : Denver ( -1.5 ) at Charlotte ( 1.5 ) —- T: 212
    7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -1.5 ) at Detroit ( 1.5 ) —- T: 208
    7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -3 ) at Philadelphia ( 3 ) —- T: 221
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( -6.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 6.5 ) —- T: 228
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3.5 ) at Miami ( 3.5 ) —- T: 195.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 14.5 ) at Okla City ( -14.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( -4.5 ) at Dallas ( 4.5 ) —- T: 195
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( -6 ) at Phoenix ( 6 ) —- T: 203
    10:30 PM EST : Washington ( -6 ) at LA Lakers ( 6 ) —- T: 230
    10:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• bigkino217

wade out apparently. dunno what that means for anyone though lol

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

I was liking Lebron for the first time all season until the Deangelo news broke. I can’t see Lebron getting the minutes tonight now. With that said, I didn’t think Chicago would be much of a game last night.

I didn’t watch that game but was absolutely shocked when I checked the box.

• webbm1

Really wanted to play DK late swap but after seeing the garbage GPP’s on offer it’s back to the risky Classic.

• buzzkilloton

@tmarohl said...

That just took all Cleveland Starters out of play for me.

I still cant figure out how its only a 7pt spread

• bigkino217

@frugal said...

i just don’t think cleveland is good this year. yes they will probably run over the eastern conference and make the finals, but thats mostly because the east is pretty much a joke.

• gillio

@frugal said...

Bro go watch some highlights, some of the passes he made were incredible. He knows where people should and will be. Another 30-10 game incoming and maybe 8-10 boards

• JRite2003

@frugal said...

The Bulls were running their offense nicely and getting some good shots in the first half… oh, and Lauri Markkanen

• tyrique0730

Anthony davis sit out the 2nd half alotthe injury doesnt even have to be serious.

• bigkino217

@JRite2003 said...

The Bulls were running their offense nicely and getting some good shots in the first half… oh, and Lauri Markkanen

or cleveland’s D just sucks lol

• BawseGeller

Anyone like Thabo as a punt tonight

• tdubjenkins

If the ball comes to his corner. If Oubre kills me I’ll take that L.

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

My take on tonight’s slate for FD…

For cash games I really like play Tristan Thompson. The guy is playing Brooklyn and is back in the starting lineup due to their point guard situation. He is only 3.6k. Yes he may not score even 4 points, but he easily gets 10 rebounds. In 23 mins he was able to get 9 rebs against Chicago, and Robin Lopez is a decent rebounder, especially on the offensive end. C’s have killed the Nets this year. 10 rebounds 4 points and 1 block is 17 points and he is pretty much at 5x.

I am locking in Thabo Sefolosha as a cash game play as well on FD. I mentioned him in my blog yesterday. He is too cheap at 3.7. His lowest output this year has been 17 and he hit 25.9 yesterday against clippers. Ingles may still be limited with his stomach sickness and I still believe that Hood is out. On top of that, they are playing the Suns. He is fully capable of getting a line of 6 points 7 rebounds and 3 steals in a fast paced game. That is about 24 FD points and I honestly don’t think any of those numbers I gave in 22 – 27 minutes for him are ones people would say are too optimistic.

My third lock in cash on the cheap end is Mbah a Moute. Starting in a super fast game with Philadelphia and known for his defense. 4 points, 4 rebounds and 3 steals gets him to 17 and at his price all he needs is 16.

If you plug these 3 guys in to your cash game lineups I think you have a sound safe foundation on the low end that gives you financial flexibility to go after some expensive players.

For GPP I like Avery Bradley because I really think that he is due and he is priced cheap for what he is capable of doing. I like Lowry. Normally he is a 9k player and he is 7k at the moment. You have to jump on guys like this while you can because over time their performances standardize their price back to the mean, When he gets out of his cold streak he will be getting 45 fd points. In a fast paced game against the Warriors, I like his chances.

My final GPP guys is Tyler Johnson from Miami. I think he will be low owned and if multiple Miami guys sit he should get some run.

Good luck everyone

Superbuckwild

• keephustlincuz

@tmarohl said...

I was liking Lebron for the first time all season until the Deangelo news broke. I can’t see Lebron getting the minutes tonight now. With that said, I didn’t think Chicago would be much of a game last night.

That Russel news hurts. That game was prime for a Russell james and love stack.

• osuryanf

ALL IN ON JOSE CALDERON

… just kidding

• pn3

@buzzkilloton said...

I still cant figure out how its only a 7pt spread

cavs on 2nd game and nets have played ok so far, but should go up with russell news

• pn3

@BawseGeller said...

Anyone like Thabo as a punt tonight

got him in 1 of my 2 fd lineups

• Dvoll

Is Kevin love on a min restriction ?? Max 29 in 4 games

• yanksfan1

Everyone take their best guess on who does well for Brooklyn. They have so many bodies that get regular minutes that no one goes above 30. Does that change with Russell out? Will Levert finally get 30+?

• tmarohl

@gillio said...

Bro go watch some highlights, some of the passes he made were incredible. He knows where people should and will be. Another 30-10 game incoming and maybe 8-10 boards

I just don’t think James will get the minutes, unless you think Brooklyn without their best player is going to jump out big on Cleveland like Chicago did last night. I think rather than the 37 minutes he played last night, he won’t need to play more than about 28-30 in this one. My guess is he plays about 18 minutes in the first half, and 10-12 in the second half.

• bigkino217

@yanksfan1 said...

Everyone take their best guess on who does well for Brooklyn. They have so many bodies that get regular minutes that no one goes above 30. Does that change with Russell out? Will Levert finally get 30+?

even if they don’t get big bumps in minutes, guys will still get usage bumps.

• NarrowJ

With Russell out, there’s a lot of usage to go around. However, I don’t think it means a lot of extra minutes for guys currently in the rotation (they seem to cap everyone, even their best player in Russell, to 30 mins maximum). You’ll probably see another PG added to the mix (Whitehead?) as opposed to any of the current rotation players getting many more minutes.

• dominicanpapi

Chandler Parsons out for rest. That’s got to be the worse contract in the NBA.

Anyway, I hate the fact that Brooklyn seems to cap their guys’ minutes to around 30, otherwise most of their guys are playable.

• Jlr21

I think Dinwiddie is guaranteed 25-30+, and at his price on DK you can’t go wrong. Just my opinion.

• frugal

Yahoo (hopeful) sleepers I’m liking right now:

Reggie Jackson $21 – MIN is allowing the 3rd most YFP to PG on the season and on a night with Wall and Westbrook available with several value plays his ownership is bound to be low. His YFP floor this season is a healthy 30.1.

Tobias Harris $23 – I don’t necessarily want to stack this game, but Harris also sticks out to me as a solid play tonight. The DvP is near neutral, but Harris has has some pretty nice games against Taj the last few years and he’s locked into ~34 MPG. Ownership is bound to be low due to burning owners last game, always a risk, but he’s historically been a pretty consistent mid range guy and last season rarely put up 2 stinkers in a row.

Joe Ingles $13 – Proceed with caution, but if we get word he’s 100% a go the matchup couldn’t be sweeter especially with him coming off a bad game which will lower ownership. He’s been absolutely destroying outside last game finishing with 31.6, 27.1, and 32 YFP in the first 3 games.

Steve Adams $13 – Adams has 2 games under his belt at 3X and tonight he’s positioned for another facing the Turner less Pacers. My only concern is the potential for blowout here.

• mbyrd75

man i’m just not sure I want to risk reggie jackson again. He’s either killed me or been serviceable at best every time i’ve played him

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.